News Moses Mbye asks for permission to leave Wests Tigers

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Tigers are his best bet, thought he went well at centre.
Whats he whinging about now?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
mbye better stay at the tigers, hes hardly a worthy inclusion to any team, and what team other than tigers would pay his stupidly high priced salary
mbye the myth

Malla

Reaction score
Remember when he wanted that Des clause in his contract? Fuck me I wish we gave it to him so he could have fucked off with him before signing him to all that money

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moses Mbye asks for permission to leave Wests Tigers

Moses Mbye is happy to abandon his big-money deal with the Tigers so he can find a club that actually wants him out on the field.

James Matthey
jamesmatthey

MARCH 31, 20217:39PM

Moses Mbye wants out of the Wests Tigers, seeking permission to explore his options elsewhere in search of more minutes at a new club next season.
The Sydney Morning Heraldreported the Tigers utility has approached the club about leaving at the end of the year, rather than waiting for his big-money deal to run out at the end of 2022, in the hope of finding a new team that will have more use for him.

Mbye arrived at Concord in 2018 and has played fullback, hooker, in the centres, in the halves and come off the bench during a stint that has seen the 27-year-old’s career stall as the Tigers continued to miss out on finals action.

He played five-eighth in the season-opener against Canberra, but was squeezed out of the starting 13 when Adam Doueihi returned from suspension to wear the No. 6 jersey against the Roosters.

Mbye came off the bench again in the Tigers’ first win of the year against Newcastle on Sunday, and is aware the team isn’t getting bang for its buck.
However, if he can’t find another home, Mbye is happy to continue representing the Tigers in 2022, and made it clear he has no problem with the club or its treatment of him.

“Let’s be brutally honest, I don’t think the club would be thrilled that their marquee player is being used off the bench for half an hour a week,” Mbye told the Herald. “I’m not ashamed to admit that the club is not getting value for money out of me. I have a big opinion of the club and want to be part of its success. It’s why I have no intention of leaving this year or leaving the club in a hole.

“But I know this opportunity can benefit the club as well as myself and it may work out a win-win situation for both parties. I get the opportunity to look around and find a club that wants me to play more minutes, and potentially even another year on top of my deal.”

Mbye is struggling for regular game time.

Mbye is struggling for regular game time.Source:Getty Images

The Tigers released a statement on Wednesday night, saying: “Moses Mbye has been granted permission to discuss his playing future with other clubs from the 2022 NRL season.

“Mbye, who is currently under contract at Wests Tigers until the end of 2022, has not asked for a request to be released from his contract.

“Moses has expressed his firm commitment to the club and its playing group for the 2021 season, with the request to discuss his playing future pertaining to his preference to secure a long-term deal elsewhere.

“Moses remains an integral part of the club’s squad for the 2021 season and the club has reiterated its position that his significance remains as such following this move.”

Mbye was brought to Concord on a four-year deal by Ivan Cleary, worth approximately $3 million, then became Tigers captain when Michael Maguire took the reins. However, the former Queensland Origin star — who played three games for the Maroons in 2019 — stood down from the captaincy at the end of last season.

It’s been reported Mbye is set to earn $800,000 if he stays in black and orange next year, and the Tigers may be prepared to pay part of his salary if he is able to find a new suitor for 2022.

Mbye has played 138 NRL games, debuting for the Bulldogs in 2014 before leaving Canterbury four years later.

He is one of the laziest players I’ve seen.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is one of the laziest players I’ve seen.
I always look back to Game III of Origin in 2019 when the scores were tied and Mbye was playing in the centres... it is late in the match and Mbye gets tackled and continues to milk the tackle trying to get a penalty from the ref for QLD to have a shot at goal and win the match... but the ref was never going to blow the whistle for that and the result was that it was a very slow play the ball allowing NSW to set up and get off their defensive line quickly to stop DCE from having a field goal attempt and instead just kicked to the corner... then with NSW in possession, Pearce throws a long ball across Mbye's face to try to get our centre on the outside inviting Mbye to intercept it and potentially win the game for the Maroons (like Bowen previously off Kimmorley) but Mbye showed no awareness, NSW makes a line break, Mbye then jogs back instead of sprinting after the Blues players and when he is face to face with Tedesco as the last line of defence, he slips over allowing Tedesco to score the match and series winning try

everything you need to know about Mbye right there --> undeserving of the great opportunities given to him (in that case playing Origin), shows poor judgement (trying to milk a penalty instead of trying to help his team with a winning play by playing the ball as quickly as possible), lacks footballing intelligence (potential intercept and glory), lack of effort (just watch his effort in running back after the linebreak), and just poor in the biggest moments (eg. slipping over as the last line of defence)

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I always look back to Game III of Origin in 2019 when the scores were tied and Mbye was playing in the centres... it is late in the match and Mbye gets tackled and continues to milk the tackle trying to get a penalty from the ref for QLD to have a shot at goal and win the match... but the ref was never going to blow the whistle for that and the result was that it was a very slow play the ball allowing NSW to set up and get off their defensive line quickly to stop DCE from having a field goal attempt and instead just kicked to the corner... then with NSW in possession, Pearce throws a long ball across Mbye's face to try to get our centre on the outside inviting Mbye to intercept it and potentially win the game for the Maroons (like Bowen previously off Kimmorley) but Mbye showed no awareness, NSW makes a line break, Mbye then jogs back instead of sprinting after the Blues players and when he is face to face with Tedesco as the last line of defence, he slips over allowing Tedesco to score the match and series winning try

everything you need to know about Mbye right there --> undeserving of the great opportunities given to him (in that case playing Origin), shows poor judgement (trying to milk a penalty instead of trying to help his team with a winning play by playing the ball as quickly as possible), lacks footballing intelligence (potential intercept and glory), lack of effort (just watch his effort in running back after the linebreak), and just poor in the biggest moments (eg. slipping over as the last line of defence)
I often think of that moment also. Well said.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des must be frothing at the prospect of getting Mbye next year..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh please no one mention him coming back to the doggs. No no no.!!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly or the Cows at best for poor old Moses Dudbye. I find it ironic that the only one who thinks he is a marquee signing or value to a club is the man himself. He has had ample chance to show his wares and could not even cut it as a utility player.His last two coaches saw/ have seen him like this and it has not worked. Fullback, five-eighth, halfback, centre and hooker, jack of all trades and master of none... Who knows though he may just be a late bloomer at 28.....Even I saw something ij him in the lower grades but as we have seen with others that does not translate to a good NRL career....

This little gem springs to mind...

Team-mate Marshall said, "I don’t think he understands that when he talks everyone listens. The thing I like the most is he doesn’t enjoy shit standards. He doesn’t walk past things that he doesn’t like. He drives standards really hard. I think that is a big reason why he is captain."

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
des will take him, and release taupau to us for rest of season

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My money is on manly to win the race mbye's signature
A few points.
Race!!!! FMD. Thats the sort of race Hoppa would be competitive in.
My mate said to me when McGuire dropped him from the captaincy, he'd be in NSW cup by round 5. On the bench r3 and r4, and now a release request! He's going be unbearable.
And if you can choose what to come back as! I wanna be Moses Mybe's manager. He's an effing genius constantly getting this hack big money contracts.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
My favourite part is Mbye thinking hes a marquee player

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is one thing for a limited player to be overpaid and then simply sit back and collect cheques... however, it seems Mbye is deluded enough to think he is worth marquee money and it is simply the club that is the problem

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just want to know how managed to convince 2 clubs to give him a massive contract. He must have bad pictures of the coaches. On top of that McGuire made him captain. Wtf.
It boggles the mind...