Morris should be fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's time for Abbey to see if he's got it or not. Neither Bmoz or Hoppa have any playmaking ability and we need it badly.
Absolutely agree, I personally think Abbey offers more than Hoppa does in the fullback role. I've seen enough of him to suggest that he is in the mould of the modern day fullback who can ball play and a nice deft short kicking game.
Sure, his defence has raised some concerns, however, even the great Darren Lockyer was suspect in D early on and he turned out to be an exceptional defender as his body matured, the key is, the Broncos persisted in him early on.
If you take a look at the nines tape, Hayne ran at Abbey at pace and Abbey put him on his backside. His line D admittedly needs some improvement but it can't be too much worse than Hoppa (I think we all recall his effort in that Cowboys game).

Pavdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Any of you guys saying Slopoate at fullback are crazy! He is so slow that when he does a sleep play around the back, by the time he gets there its already tackle 3 of the next set.... Borris or Abbey (if Borris stays on the wing). Slopoate can use his strength at centre, I can't stand to watch another player break our line and just burn a circle around Hoppa and score....with him virtually standing on the spot. The man lives in quicksand....

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should shift between wing and fullback. Fullback for kick returns (a chance in open play) and build up to attacking plays. Sloppa for defensive full back duties only (shifting to wing to chip in if Brett's recovering).

Pavdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
After the trial games feedback he is my squad:
1 slopoate (if he plays sundays)
2 Borris
3 Jorris
4 Dutchie or Lee
5 Lee or Montoya
6 Grub
7 Moses
8 Toilman
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Jacko
12 Rfm
13 Beastwood
14 Kas
15 Bupa
16 Fine
17 Cleeland Frawley or Woolford
Major points:
- Borris / Slopoate can interchange for attack defence during the game
- bring Kas on at lock ( to roam where he wants)
- we still need a super sub for when Lichaa gets gassed ( his attackinh goes to shit when tired)
Never have toilman and bupa on together or we get dominated.
Fine for rfm
Kas for beast
Bupa for toil
Super sub for lichaa or if a half is having a shocker. It will keep mbye and grub honest if frawley is waiting on the bench

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa.... the trial game impressed me. He is probably more foott smart then our halves and hooker. He seems faster. And solid is D and under the high ball

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no way hoppa will play Sunday's. Like last year when half the fans were pinning their hopes on him playing finals ? How did that work out ?
**** needs to be excised from our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.