Morris should be fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Totally agree but the chances are he slots in fullback he will be watching the team all year on the sideline with injury,rather give abbey a crack or put mbye there

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa in the centres or wing with Lee as his right side partner
Give Abbey an opportunity at fullback. Morris can still sniff around the ruck especially when Kasiano is on the field (So many times last year Kasiano would have arms free and Hoppa would be no where to be seen)
I saw that Reynolds kicked goals last weekend I know he kicked in lower grades I'm wondering how he went? Could he be a solid option (kick at 80%)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw that Reynolds kicked goals last weekend I know he kicked in lower grades I'm wondering how he went? Could he be a solid option (kick at 80%)
Lol.
Reynolds would be lucky to make contact with the ball 80% of the time.

Pavdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah Borris at fullback those few times last year (when not injured) was awesome! Support play, breaking the line, sniffing around the ruck. If Abbey can do that then Borris on the wing.
It absolutely kills me when Kas half breaks the line every games, gets the arm free and no one is even there. Or he pops it back to Lichaa whos not ready and drops it. As if you wouldnt be waiting for Kas to pop it. Fucken muppets

Pavdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wish Mbye practised more because he can kick a sweet conversion. But god he can also duff some easy ones. Get Halligan to train him more. I want my moneys worth on the fat contract of his because he certainly aint creating tries with his kicking game

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These days it's imperative every 4 pts is converted into 6

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wish Mbye practised more because he can kick a sweet conversion. But god he can also duff some easy ones. Get Halligan to train him more. I want my moneys worth on the fat contract of his because he certainly aint creating tries with his kicking game
There was a clip on foxsports last year towards the backend of the season where it showed Halligan training with Moses at the park...so he was doing training outside of the club at that stage and i guess he still is if he is expected to kick goals again this season.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone with half a brain knows that we will suck ass this season and are making up the numbers. So you would think it would make sense to give some young lads a go and see how we will look moving forward... Not old Hasler though, infact Bennett (who has similar mercenary traits to Hasler) did this to poor old Newcastle before he left them high and dry. So yeah don't expect any positive changes to our roster... our spine will be the same and i 100% expect the playing style to be the same aswell.

Last edited:
N

Natboy

Yeah Borris at fullback those few times last year (when not injured) was awesome! Support play, breaking the line, sniffing around the ruck. If Abbey can do that then Borris on the wing.
It absolutely kills me when Kas half breaks the line every games, gets the arm free and no one is even there. Or he pops it back to Lichaa whos not ready and drops it. As if you wouldnt be waiting for Kas to pop it. Fucken muppets
I just don't understand why players don't back up the ball carrier like they used to in the dogs. No wonder Baa has the shits

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Abbey is always lurking around the ruck
He just doesn't give a shit about reserve grade because they were terrible and lucky to compete a set last year!!!
Play him with better players around him eg kas klem Jacko bmoz and he'd shine.
He's got a clever short kicking game, awesome pass and actually supports

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Call me crazy here but does anyone think JMOZ could transition into a backrower? Eastwood is not a fucking edge forward he has no mobility/pace/stamina he's best suited to playing in tight.

I know recently Chris Lawrence & Isaiah Yeo have made that move & I remember Luke Lewis & Beau Scott also doing it.

Move Hoppa to centre Brad Abbey or Who ever else can to fullback, JMOZ as an edge forward would give us more strike/pace & we know JMOZ is a great defender so he wouldn't be a defensive liability.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think a lof of us know bmoz is the best at fb out of who we have. But after he spent the first half of last season out injured we are concerned the workload at fb might be risky for him. Id rather he play 26 rounds at winger than 10 at fb.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he wasnt broken down id agree. But we need him on the Wing. Abbey to Fullback.
He scored lots of tries on the wing last season which clearly shows it's his best attacking position.
Abbey to full back, Hoppa to centre or to NSW cup. He shouldn't be in first grade if he's only a part timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.