Morris performance in origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought he was very good in defence tonight up against GI, but obviously is more suited to the left with his in and out and right handed fend. Either way he was brilliant in defence tonight, will be there again 100% next 2 matches.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did well but hardly saw the ball in attack... They should have threw more at that end instead of attacking with Jennings the whole match...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defended well against GI, had very little opportunity in attack though, will only get better in games 2+3!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Yeah I agree...

Morris and Uate werent utilised properly by Carney and Pearce by throwing the early ball to their backline + they both didnt get to see the ball much as they kept going to the Hayne/Jennings side

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is definitely not a right centre, he steps of his left foot and has a stronger right hand fend. Great defence though. Glen stewart came running back on the unders line too many times and uate was very poor in defence. I was hoping they switched jennings an morris around in the second half. I think morris would have capitalised on atleast one of those breaks jennings had and one on one with slater would not have surrendered in the tackle.
Atill love him to bits.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every time he got the ball they closed him in, thats saying something

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Carney and Pearce failed to give him early ball.
Glenn Stewart didnt do Morris any favours with the lines he ran.

QLD defence was very solid. Cant forget that.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
the way he dragged inglis into touch was inspiring and the kind of footy i hope he plays in the big finals matches for us at the end of the year

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I agree...

Morris and Uate werent utilised properly by Carney and Pearce by throwing the early ball to their backline + they both didnt get to see the ball much as they kept going to the Hayne/Jennings side
Uate made the same mistake twice and it cost NSW 2 try's, rushing up too quick in defence similar to a past Doggy "Uate" Thurston made him look like a goose.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Qld Halves made ours look second rate as usual.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Carney and Pearce failed to give him early ball.
Glenn Stewart didnt do Morris any favours with the lines he ran.

QLD defence was very solid. Cant forget that.
Glenn Stewart killed every single play directed to that side and his brother killed it as well by running almost sideways

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morris was strong... Did a pretty decent job on Inglis I thought...

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Glenn Stewart killed every single play directed to that side and his brother killed it as well by running almost sideways
I know right. One of the Stewart bros would run towards the sideline and then give the ball to Morris with limited space.
Morris had little choice but to take the tackle or go over the sideline.

His defence on Inglis was excellent.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He did enough to piss Inglis off, that's for sure!

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh I wasn't that impressed with Morris's overall performance. Attack wise I was more impressed with Jennings and Uate.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbh I wasn't that impressed with Morris's overall performance. Attack wise I was more impressed with Jennings and Uate.
You would want to be more impressed considering

a) 90% of our attack went down that corridor
b) Glenn Stewart ****ed up atleast 3-4 backlines headed for this side and his pedo brother dudded another 2
c) Carney was no where to be seen

P

Paint.

Considering Carney and G Stewart, the two men inside him, had pretty poor games, he did decent in attack. I thought Carney couldve targeted Inglis' slow speed off the mark by grubbering behind him for two of the fastest men in the game in Morris and Uate...

Was one of the best on the field defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.