Morris Not Fussed By Dogs Expectation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Former Dragons winger Brett Morris isn't worried about the expectation of Bulldogs fans after beginning pre-season training for his new club this week.

Now recognised as one of the best wingers in the world, Morris moves to Belmore with a weight of expectation heaved on him with the New South Wales and Australian representative slated to shift to fullback.

While Sam Perrett filled in at fullback in 2014 and earned the club's player of the year honours along with prop James Graham, Morris now appears destined to play in the custodian role having only done so 30 times previously in a Red V jumper.

"I've had expectation on me my whole career," Morris told Bulldogs TV.

"Obviously being the son of Steve Morris, there has always been an expectation to perform and it's something I tend to thrive on.

"There are always people who are going to doubt you and say certain things about you but as a player I think that just makes you stronger and make you want to play better and succeed.

"I've arrived here open to any possibility. I've played on the left wing for quite some time at the Dragons. I've had stints there and enjoyed it but [playing fullback] isn't my decision to make. I'll be happy to play wherever and do my best for the team."

Despite having the weight of Bulldogs fans' expectation on his shoulders, Morris is nonetheless excited to play for the club, and more importantly, reunite with twin brother Josh.

While the twins were always keen to end their rugby league careers together, Brett said it wasn't necessarily easy to leave his nine-year career at St George Illawarra behind.

"It took me a fair while to sort out what I wanted to do but obviously if I didn't have a grand final win there it would've been an even harder decision but I've achieved a lot at the Dragons and I thought the time was right for a change," Morris said.

"It is pretty exciting. It's a new change having obviously been at the Dragons a long time, and had a bit of success there as well. But I thought the time was right... to reunite with the brother.

"It was something we have always talked about, finishing our careers together. Obviously the Bulldogs are a great side and I wanted to be a part of it alongside Josh."

http://m.nrl.com/morris-not-fussed-by-dogs-expectation/tabid/10874/newsid/82928/default.aspx

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finish your career with a hatric of grandfinals with your brother and ill be one happy boy

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morris Not Fussed By Dogs Expectation

Former Dragons winger Brett Morris isn't worried about the expectation of Bulldogs fans after beginning pre-season training for his new club this week.
There is no reason he should be worried about anything. All he has to do is what he did week in week out at the Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.