More stupid rule changes for JRL from the nrLOL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But it's 6 year olds tackling 6 year olds, not much damage can happen. Plus it pushes back learning how to tackle and how to take a tackle.

You still even see nrLOL players with shit tackling techniques hurting themselves tackling the wrong way.
You don't even tackle anymore, it's just BJJ and Judo and shit lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed, losing Grand finals when i played league and still play Basketball makes you learn heaps of life lessons about yourself all the time. You build yourself and with the people your all mates with in your team. Most bizarre and unnecessary change i’ve seen in a while for a sport.
For sure man. When I wad a kid we always made the GF season after season but kept playing this stacked team that would always beat us. It killed me to get to the GF every season and lose to the same team, but it made me stronger until we eventually beat them at like the seventh attempt.

Imagine if there were no finals.. I wouldn't have learnt to be resilient or overcome disappointment.. I wouldn't have learnt to persevere and keep trying until we won..

It's such a loser mentality that leads to everyone being mentally weaker. No wonder why kids under 10 all have anxiety and depression now. Because they're not used to dealing with shit the way previous generations did.

Disappointment, rejection and failure make you stronger... Without it, there'd be no Michael Jordan or Tom Brady!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You don't even tackle anymore, it's just BJJ and Judo and shit lol.
Have to admit BJJ did help my boy in defence, he has been doing it for 2 years now. This season I'm moving him to swimming to build his stamina.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll never forget losing a game of basketball when I was about 12 where we were down 1 and I missed two Free Throws at the end of the game.. I didn't sleep that night and was pissed off about it for weeks, months even..

All I did after that was practise my free throws and ended up hitting a few game winners the next few seasons after that..

I was always competitive and wanted to win more than anything, but that made me even hungrier and more determined and mentally stronger. Imagine if they didn't keep score? Or they said everyone wins even though I missed?

No wonder why the most recent generations aren't as competitive and are weak minded.
When i played league from age 8 till 17, i got benched in one particular grand final for an entire 74mins because i was pretty unfit at the middle of my teens and that year particularly in which we comfortably won btw, i was filthy, cried on the way home in the car, stayed up all night feeing like shit but then it also helped me realise i need to be better and i dealt with the pain by getting fitter in the off season to which we won two consecutive grand finals in that space of time in which i played the whole match the second time round. I’m so embarrassed that my generation is just a bunch of soft cocks. I feel sick hearing about this.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When i played league from age 8 till 17, i got benched in one particular grand final for an entire 74mins because i was pretty unfit at the middle of my teens and that year particularly in which we comfortably won btw, i was filthy, cried on the way home in the car, stayed up all night feeing like shit but then it also helped me realise i need to be better and i dealt with the pain by getting fitter in the off season to which we won two consecutive grand finals in that space of time in which i played the whole match the second time round. I’m so embarrassed that my generation is just a bunch of soft cocks. I feel sick hearing about this.
I played rep basketball and on my first Youth League team when I was 18, I was clearly better than most of the players on our team (which was shit), but the coach never played me because he had his favourites...

I'd travel to Maitland, Newcastle, Wollongong, Gosford, Hills etc and all over Sydney on the weekends, train twice a week with the team and almost never get minutes. Even in blowouts. I don't know why he picked me on the team but I never complained and kept working my ass off.

As much as I hated that coach, I still learnt a lot from him tactically and worked ten times harder to prove him wrong because I had a massive chip on my shoulder.

The next season we had a new coach. I went from never playing the year before, to starting and being the captain and had a good season..

If the above happened to a kid now, they'd switch teams, complain about the coach, or just give up. They don't have the mental strength and determination we did, that's for sure..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have to admit BJJ did help my boy in defence, he has been doing it for 2 years now. This season I'm moving him to swimming to build his stamina.
I wish I done some form of martial art growing up, watching Cobra Kai makes me want to be a kid again and do it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I played rep basketball and on my first Youth League team when I was 18, I was clearly better than most of the players on our team (which was shit), but the coach never played me because he had his favourites...

I'd travel to Maitland, Newcastle, Wollongong, Gosford, Hills etc and all over Sydney on the weekends, train twice a week with the team and almost never get minutes. Even in blowouts. I don't know why he picked me on the team but I never complained and kept working my ass off.

As much as I hated that coach, I still learnt a lot from him tactically and worked ten times harder to prove him wrong because I had a massive chip on my shoulder.

The next season we had a new coach. I went from never playing the year before, to starting and being the captain and had a good season..

If the above happened to a kid now, they'd switch teams, complain about the coach, or just give up. They don't have the mental strength and determination we did, that's for sure..
Yep and i slightly see it in the current NRL sometimes with players, coaches etc but imagine the next 2 generation of ‘NRL’ players who don’t get their way whilst on their pathways…It’s just gonna be a shit show and with stupid rules being added like this, it just makes it worse.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the junior sport I played back in the day from age 5, mainly cricket and soccer, all of the scores from all comps/grades would be in the Sunday paper the next day. Usually they also included the goal scorers and who made 50's etc too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wish I done some form of martial art growing up, watching Cobra Kai makes me want to be a kid again and do it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I used to box while playing footy, sadly it only help so much these days, nobody fights fair anymore.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I used to box while playing footy, sadly it only help so much these days, nobody fights fair anymore.
Yeah it’s just king hits and Taylan May’s for ‘fights’. That’s what it is growing up now at 21 and going out drinking and seeing some scuffles at places. Hate the generation i’m in :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah it’s just king hits and Taylan May’s for ‘fights’. That’s what it is growing up now at 21 and going out drinking and seeing some scuffles at places. Hate the generation i’m in :tearsofjoy:
My mate ruined it blame him lol

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no words for this, so I'll let stinky do my talking for me.

Seriously removing competitiveness from it, means that players will have to develop that mindset later in the game. Tackling, well again same thing, however when you have absolute tanks of kids smashing smaller kids, maybe there is some legitimacy to removing tackles.

Wonder how many injuries there are in these age groups they are wanting to turn into Oztag with kicks.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep and i slightly see it in the current NRL sometimes with players, coaches etc but imagine the next 2 generation of ‘NRL’ players who don’t get their way whilst on their pathways…It’s just gonna be a shit show and with stupid rules being added like this, it just makes it worse.
this is a classic example of why so many players these days get there opportunity and chewed out . They are not willing to do an apprenticeship in lower grades and will go to a struggling club for an opportunity . As that does not work out … boom carearover as don’t have the support or learning when they hit first grade

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember my u17 basketball championship after party, coach got arrested for supplying minors with alcohol and got sacked from his full-time job and his job within the club. The people i’m still mates with in that team, we still feel so guilty because we all egged him on until he finally gave in like stupid dumb fuck teenagers to supply us with booze..
You were 17 and didn't already have someone getting you booze? Sheeet man.