Moore Had Lost Dressing Room + senior players

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-before-sacking/story-e6frexnr-1226094937067

A Bulldogs insider told me a number of players had approached board members - and that the coach had lost the dressing room.

He (Moore) was unaware that at least three players had been to directors to complain about his coaching, poor results and poor communication.

Yesterday afternoon, just half an hour before the team was due to train, Moore rang Greenberg at the Crowne Plaza. "I'm outta here," he said. "There's no point in continuing."

Greenberg insists it was Moore's decision to go immediately. It's understood he discovered he'd lost the senior players. That was enough. His time was up.

Last edited by a moderator:

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
whilst I feel for him i don't think anyone can deny that results were poor and performances were dire. So I think decision was justified

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he has lost the support of our senior players why were they not man enough to front Moore instead of sneaking around behind his back.

At least the panther players had the balls to front Elliot and tell him the truth.

What senior players do we actually have in that side - Ryan, Turner, Ennis - all the rest are not senior players that have earned enough respect to make a call like this or front a board member.

I think it is smoke screen and the board is pampering to popular players rather than the Bulldogs of old - tough, no nonsense get on with it players. Get rid of the pretenders and prima donnas and bring back the real bulldogs.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
If he has lost the support of our senior players why were they not man enough to front Moore instead of sneaking around behind his back.

At least the panther players had the balls to front Elliot and tell him the truth.

What senior players do we actually have in that side - Ryan, Turner, Ennis - all the rest are not senior players that have earned enough respect to make a call like this or front a board member.

I think it is smoke screen and the board is pampering to popular players rather than the Bulldogs of old - tough, no nonsense get on with it players. Get rid of the pretenders and prima donnas and bring back the real bulldogs.
It's very hard to buy a "real" Bulldog. Ennis and some others before are the exception. "Real" Bulldogs were always grown from the grass roots of Canterbury - Bankstown. This is where we should be looking. I can tell you now that even at grass roots levels the Bulldogs are looking outside instead of inside. It's making me sick. Kids as young as 14 are being signed from bloody Campbelltown. They need to develop the kids who bleed blue and white!

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's very hard to buy a "real" Bulldog. Ennis and some others before are the exception. "Real" Bulldogs were always grown from the grass roots of Canterbury - Bankstown. This is where we should be looking. I can tell you now that even at grass roots levels the Bulldogs are looking outside instead of inside. It's making me sick. Kids as young as 14 are being signed from bloody Campbelltown. They need to develop the kids who bleed blue and white!
agree with u we need more juniors to develop into bulldog players, but whats wrong with ctown?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
A sacking is a sacking regardless of the BS they put up to disguise it. No great surprise that players didn't want him, they have been playing that way all year.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan was on his side - wasnt he? As Moore is one of the only guys who wants Ryan to stay on a year. So pretty sure, senior players are all so very senior in the end.

I am assuming the 3 players were Michael Ennis, Steve Turner and David Stagg? Dene Halatau possibly? Surely Josh Morris isnt "Senior" yet...wouldnt be surprised though if he didnt like the coaching, as it meant he got little ball.

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Year after year Brisbane and Melbourne polish rocks and them them into gems, we need to start doing the same and displaying a level of commitment to our juniors.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Year after year Brisbane and Melbourne polish rocks and them them into gems, we need to start doing the same and displaying a level of commitment to our juniors.
This, just a shame we have lost some great ones already.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets try and guess the 3 players?
Josh Morris - He looks apathetic on the field, like he thinks we will lose when he gets to the ground

Ben Roberts - Going at year's end and nothing to lose by talking against the coach

David Stagg - Going from being coached by Wayne Bennett to being benched by Kevin Moore would be frustrating

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Stagg was one of the players 100%. When he gets interviewed after each game he looks like he's about to start cracking up laughing.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DOnt see how the club can be criticised for making this tough decision...

The results were their to be seen, but even more than the results our performances have been horrible since 2010 start

And the fact that players in the team were unhappy with the coaching means a new coach was needed for 2012

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Reading a few ex players twitters and a couple of rejects seem to be pleased with the fact Kevy got the sack calling it Karma!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

At least the panther players had the balls to front Elliot and tell him the truth
Agree, mentioned this in another thread. Maybe Moore was a poor communicator and didn't make players feel they could speak up, but I think it's a dog move to go behind his back, especially as a SENIOR player and whinge to the board.

If they did confront him and Moore refused to accept any problems, then it's understandable, I guess, but it seems that was not the case.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he's had the dressing room since this time last year

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Must be one blind mutha****a to lose a dressing room ...

Status
Not open for further replies.