Moore Excuses For Sloppy Friday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I found this article hilarious. Read on The Kennel the othe rday (not sure who posted it) a list of possible excuses from Moore if we lost against the Gold Coast. One of them was this precise article...

I wonder when Moore and our captain will finally start to hold themselves accountable...

Canterbury boss Kevin Moore has questioned whether the late start to his side's clash against the Gold Coast on Friday night is to blame for the comedy of errors that resulted.

The Bulldogs got up 28-6 in the second leg of the double-header at Suncorp Stadium, scoring four tries to take home the points and overcome a Titans outfit that were turned down again and again by the video referee.

But with a scheduled start at 8.45pm, the match was scrappy and dour and ultimately far from a brilliant advertisement for rugby league.

"I wonder if it has something to do with the late kick-off time," Moore pondered.

"The end of the game deteriorated a little bit. It was 11.00pm when we finished. There were so many video ref decisions - it adds a minute or two for each one."

"Steve Turner made mention of the fact that it was the longest game he'd ever played in."

Captain Andrew Ryan added: "I think the double header is a good concept but it's pretty late by the time you start. Both teams came out with good intensity from the get-go but the game just went on and on, because of all of those decisions."

But Moore was quick to take credit for the Coast's general misfortune when it came to crossing the stripe.

"I don't think I've seen anything like that before but in my view, they were all clear-cut decisions and a lot of that was (due to our) scramble defence," he said.

"We seem to be defending our tryline a hell of a lot and we did a great job to keep them scoreless until five minutes from the end of the game. Our defensive effort was excellent."

Despite the win, Moore and the Bulldogs will have a few worries this week in terms of injury and suspension ahead of their match against Manly next Saturday.

Frank Pritchard and Sam Kasiano both suffered nasty corks, David Stag has a hip injury and Greg Eastwood was in hospital on Saturday morning to check on bleeding in his eye.

Three Canterbury players - Michael Ennis, Trent Hodkinson and Corey Payne - were each put on report for high tackles, with their fate now in the hands of the NRL judiciary, though Moore was confident they will face the Sea Eagles.

http://www.sportal.co.nz/league-news...ht-owls-124218

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
"It was 11.00pm when we finished. There were so many video ref decisions - it adds a minute or two for each one."

FML man-up.

They can go on all night benders but schedule their game a couple of hours back and we forget how to catch a bomb and pass the ball.

Breeding pups

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
k moore if you play in the morning afternoon night or midnight when you play that sort of rubbish football its not only going to be a long game but a long season. lets hope k moore this will be your last season coaching ourbelovered BULLDOGS.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
"It was 11.00pm when we finished. There were so many video ref decisions - it adds a minute or two for each one."

FML man-up.

They can go on all night benders but schedule their game a couple of hours back and we forget how to catch a bomb and pass the ball.
:roflol:

I thought you were joking :roflol:

But he actually said that !

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one here has played professional sports at 11pm. Moore 1 Kennel 0

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't the warmest night and 2 cork injuries showed the late game did have an impact.

An excuse? Maybe but it passes this time.

Still he can't think we played well.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
LOL it didnt even finish 11 hardly. It finished like 10:45 :p

It was scheduled to finish 10:30, would that of pleased princess moore ?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
get over it ffs...these players are getting paid good money to do what they do

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
This team has only been together 6 months. We haven't had a good, controlling game from our halfback, yet we are in the 8. Get off the coaches back and start supporting him because we are improving as a team every week and when it does come together we will calling him a genius.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
This team has only been together 6 months. We haven't had a good, controlling game from our halfback, yet we are in the 8. Get off the coaches back and start supporting him because we are improving as a team every week and when it does come together we will calling him a genius.
I'm sure most fans would love to support him, as i try. But when he tries to lay the blame for a poor performance on Friday night on something as trivial as this it gets very hard.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
I'd love to see most of you play such a late game.. we won.. that's the main thing.. let's just hope we can have a nice rest for saturday night v manly!

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what time do we play Manly this weekend. If it's a standard 2.30pm, 3.00pm, 5.30pm, 7.30pm then Mr Moore is out of excuses.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1.

The teams were there before the 1st game by teh way. That is 2 hours of waiting to play and definitely a disruption to the routine.

Moore could name himself at prop, play like Andrew Johns and Wally Lewis combined and kick the winning goal from his own 20 metre line and some of you guys would find fault.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1.

The teams were there before the 1st game by teh way. That is 2 hours of waiting to play and definitely a disruption to the routine.

Moore could name himself at prop, play like Andrew Johns and Wally Lewis combined and kick the winning goal from his own 20 metre line and some of you guys would find fault.

LMAO... so true

People need to learn that KM wouldn't publicaly humilate or discourage his squad... what is said behind closed doors however is a different story.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Well That explains why they played well in the first half. In real time it felt like the 2nd half :grinning:

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doesn't excuse the comedy of footy first half. Which was played from 8.45pm - from what I have seen, they've played until 9.30pm other occasions. It might have an impact but it not solely to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.