Moore embraces new Bulldogs era

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
ON the eve of officially becoming the Bulldogs head coach today, Kevin Moore declared: "I'm ready for the challenge."

Moore's declaration came as the Bulldogs' greatest player, Steve Mortimer, last night predicted his former club would reach the 2009 semi-finals.

The Bulldogs - still shattered at claiming last season's wooden spoon - return to training at 9am today at Homebush.

After eight years coaching lower grades and being Steve Folkes' assistant coach, Moore is ready for the challenges ahead.

"I've done a long apprenticeship but feel I'm ready," Moore told The Daily Telegraph last night. "I'm confident I can personally give the club what they are looking for.

"We want to create a disciplined environment where the players look forward to coming to training each day.

"We all need a positive attitude."

The Bulldogs have had an impressive build-up, securing Brett Kimmorley, Josh Morris, Buddy Gordon, Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis and Bryson Goodwin.

With existing players such as Luke Patten, Matt Utai, Hazem El Masri, Andrew Ryan and Reni Maitua, the Bulldogs have a roster ready to compete for the finals again.

"There are plenty of challenges given what's happened over the past 12 months," Moore said. "There are a lot of changes here and we have some new players who are quality players.

"It is exciting to be part of. We'll be taking it week by week. I'm looking forward to it."

Mortimer, the former champion Canterbury halfback, spoke highly last night of Moore, the new players and the Bulldogs' finals chances.

"They can definitely make the finals - no doubt whatsoever," Mortimer said.

"The club's talent has increased.

"I think it was important they filled the hooker and halfback position with creative players - they've done that with Kimmorley and Ennis. I think Kimmorley will be a great buy for the club."

Mortimer, the ex-NSW and Australian halfback, held special praise for the appointment of Moore.

"Kevin is his own man - I think he'll go very well," Mortimer said.

"He is a former halfback who was a very astute player in his day. Kevin has some good thoughts on the game.

"I'm looking forward to getting to a game or two next year to see how the new players go in the blue and white."
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24590785-5003409,00.html

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
The trial matches will lay the foundation of what the year will be like and if we can get a great results then the year will be a good one, but what we need mostly are players who stay out of trouble off and on the field.

Best of luck with Kevin Moore :-)

SonnyBillJnr

TwoAmostsMakeA[Pε&#1
Reaction score
The trial matches will lay the foundation of what the year will be like and if we can get a great results then the year will be a good one, but what we need mostly are players who stay out of trouble off and on the field.

Best of luck with Kevin Moore :-)
I highly doubt that trials will define our season. All we have to do be is consistent, try our best and just keep moving forward! Looking for a good year with many of games being won!

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
im pumped for 09.
buddman i dont think the trials will do much for us besides from getting us mentally ready for round 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the new year. If we can keep the team fit, then i believe we will start seeing some really good perfomances by about round 5 or 6. By that time, the team should haved gelled well together.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the goal should be top 6.

I know alot of people have been doubting whether we can make the finals or push for a higher spot on the ladder, but in trying to be as impartial as possible, with the new signings and hopefully with one shred of luck with injuries for once as well as having something extra to prove off the back of last year, then I think we should easily be making the 8 and I think top 4 or 6 is quite realistic.

That should be the aim anyway, we have the players to achieve it. Aside from Manly, Melbourne and Brisbane, there aren't too many teams that have markedley stronger squads then ours.

It just depends on how well Kev can get them to gel and how quickly he can implement his style.

G

Godberts Cuz

Does anyone here still think we should have made Kearney coach?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone here still think we should have made Kearney coach?
I'm sure Kevin Moore will do a great job, and I never bought into the hype surrounding Kearney but I think at the end of the day Tadpole will only be judged on results and he hasn't coached a FG game yet.

So it is too early to be singing his praises and too early to be writing him off.

We won't know whether the right/wrong choice was made until about a season in and Kevin gets a proper chance to prove himself.

But I am happy with the appointment and think he will do a good job.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
i am so effin PUMPED for 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we have a good mix for next year, i guess our main test will be depth

will probably take a little while to get the ball rolling, with so many new combinations, but i'm confident we can be motoring along nicely by the time origin kicks off, injuries pending

K

kennyy

I'm looking forward to the new year. If we can keep the team fit, then i believe we will start seeing some really good perfomances by about round 5 or 6. By that time, the team should haved gelled well together.
Dont get your hopes up too much

Status
Not open for further replies.