Opinion Montoya

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should have caught it, hes in the fucken NRL.

It shouldn't have been passed, and even though it should have been taken it wasn't a very good pass.

Conclusion, they both suck.
i was having a lovely birthday lunch/arvo drinks with the family at a nice pub. Didn't see the first half but I did know the score. Let's go watch the 2nd half I said. It'll be a nice finish to a great arvo. FMD dogs, why do you do this to me? Honestly, when Montfuckhead dropped that ball, my first reaction was to spit out my beer in laughter, but then I was just fuckin angry. Honestly, I still can't fathom how they fucked that up today.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was genuinely one of our best today I know he made that last error but just because we lost doesn’t mean everyone played horribly

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
how did we get the 1 shit fijian back?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Lewis is absolute trash and was horrible again today but I can't believe the option to pass there is getting so talked about.

If Montoya could catch a simple pass which led to conceding a try in attack, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Lewis is absolute trash and was horrible again today but I can't believe the option to pass there is getting so talked about.

If Montoya could catch a simple pass which led to conceding a try in attack, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Yeah... We'd be having a discussion about Lewis kicking a bomb to the tallest winger in the comp for the 15th time in the 2nd half which allowed dragons to run the length of the field to score the winning try just before full time lol

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya tries hard but is an average player. It’s unfortunate that he dropped the ball. We were up 22-10, we shouldn’t have lost it from there.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still haven't found a coach capable of picking the best 17!
What gets me is who ever is Picking the team weather its the coach or some comiitee needs to take responsibility for there choices we cant keep sacking coaches for poor team choices when its someone else picking the teams

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I honestly rarely say this because my genuine heart has hope for blokes, but I never want to see Montoya's Mexican Fijian head again in first grade. He doesn't have much in attack and his defence is shoddy. I recall him having some zip back in the day but injuries ruined it fo sho. I honestly think If I was the coach of Wakefield trinity or some low level nothing English side I would not take him. He is a shute shield guy at best

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t agree you don’t need to try anything there. If you have the ball in that situation you have to play the percentages or you leave yourself open to things happening like this afternoon.
Agreed, at the very least not in our half anyway.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its first grade. Gotta catch that. A ball player has every right to expect the outside men to be expecting it.
Didnt have to be thrown and probably shouldnt have if you break it down but montoya should have caught it, simple.

Dallas040609

New Pup
Reaction score
Didnt have to be thrown and probably shouldnt have if you break it down but montoya should have caught it, simple.
Everyone needs to stop blaming Marcelo, apparently he had a slight head knock and he wasn't ok

The blame goes on Lewis

- missed touch
-gives away a stupid 7 tackle set(no field goal)
-high tackle during that 7 tackle set

- gets caught on last 80 metres out

- throws a stupid cut out ball on second tackle , when all they needed were some powerful hit ups and dummy half runs to be in position

7 tackle set gets you down there so easy you don't need to over play

Bring back Matt Frawley lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pass was fine, although questionable throwing it at that point in the game.
So it was Montoya's fault that it was received at knee level and not at chest level?

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So it was Montoya's fault that it was received at knee level and not at chest level?
Was it a pinpoint accurate pass to the chest? Nah. Regardless, if youre a first grade centre you catch that ball. Having said that, if Lewis had managed the game like a proper half to begin with we wouldnt be in that position.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decent reserve grader......that’s about it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Helicopter to the knees when running at speed....what could go wrong.
Nice work.

"MOST" blame due to poor pass for me.

It's typical of our fortunes atm and was a Lewis special.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo will be back after his covid isolation is finished

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya is useless and blamed having double vision for dropping the pass! He a reserve grade winger playing top grade in the centres! 99% of all the other NRL centres would have caught that no worries!