Montoya lazy C

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed on Facebook someone complain about Montoya's lack of effort in getting back to defend when the Titans put in a kick for their last try (by Don)

After looking at the footage I have to agree - what a lazy c..t. He looks like he's going for a light road run. He's lucky he's picked in the f..king first place and despite that he can't be f..king bothered. Sooner we get rid of shit like him the better. He would never make the top 30 (100) in any other team.

I know it's no big deal in the whole scheme of how bad we are but it's a good example of why we are so crap this year.

Go to 2.40 in.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone says oh the efforts there... Bullshit. I think we are the worst effort area team in the comp. What you highlight happens all the time. Coupled with poor to non existent line speed, never wrapping the ball up allowing for 20+m gains per tackle ... We are atrocious

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone says oh the efforts there... Bullshit. I think we are the worst effort area team in the comp. What you highlight happens all the time. Coupled with poor to non existent line speed, never wrapping the ball up allowing for 20+m gains per tackle ... We are atrocious
Agree.
Zero line speed.
Zero aggression.
Lack of fitness.
Can't close out a game.
Can't wrap up ball or compete tackles effectively.
Zero kick chase or contest in plays.
Kills me. When you lack talent these are the things you should be nailing.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Noticed it on the first replay when watching the game live.. easily could of shut that down..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree.
Zero line speed.
Zero aggression.
Lack of fitness.
Can't close out a game.
Can't wrap up ball or compete tackles effectively.
Zero kick chase or contest in plays.
Kills me. When you lack talent these are the things you should be nailing.
Forgot him constantly dropping balls

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
he let foggerty run around him for a try, poor defence.
unfortunately we dont have alot of options

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He won't be at the club next season anyway. Lafai is absolute shit also so what do you do?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s done that a few times this season. I think it was the Knights game, Foran made a clean break. Montoya should of been sprinting up beside him and it would of been a simple draw and pass and we score. Instead he’s jogging 20m behind the play.

Expected him to kick on after his strong debut year in 2017. But he’s been fucking rubbish.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Montoya makes Tim Winitana look like Steve Renouf... He couldn't fuck up more each week if he tried, yet he continually gets picked.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There’s no regency from our whole team. To be fair there all at fault for that try. First dwz for not catching the bomb then Meaney for not tackling don and montoya just watching everything unfold