Montoya. Is he Serious?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it we don't have class in the backline. But at the 57 sec mark on video link, WTF Montoya. Should the touch judge go above and beyond and notify him there's a movement on?
He wasn't even interested in the next moment when averillo fumbled in goal.
I have no idea if this guy has the desire to be an NRL player. His commitment and attention span is that of a primary school footballer.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I get it we don't have class in the backline. But at the 57 sec mark on video link, WTF Montoya. Should the touch judge go above and beyond and notify him there's a movement on?
He wasn't even interested in the next moment when averillo fumbled in goal.
I have no idea if this guy has the desire to be an NRL player. His commitment and attention span is that of a primary school footballer.

That reminded me of when I was coaching Under 6's lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still pissed off with him two years ago.
Hoppa busted a tackle and gave him the ball with clear space 40 meters out from the try line and he got run down.
He was playing on the wing couldn't even tun 40 meters.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa busted a tackle and gave him the ball with clear space 40 meters out from the try line and he got run down.
I'm pissed off when he was rated as a speedster by the gps trackers 2 years ago. Lol
One would assume there's a faulty satellite in orbit.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smith would have scored :p

Just need to knock some sense into that kid. Gone off the rails and believing his own hype. Kid is nothing more then a winger and that is the only place he will play in first grade. Hope hoppa comes back to partner Averillo at centre and has reimis with DWZ on the wing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why he or Holland are in the team and how they're still playing FG. Montoya is so slow off the mark and when turning and chasing that he makes Daryl Halligan look like Usain Bolt.

I don't see Georgallis changing a winning team though. Maybe Lafai in for Holland and that's it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He simply isn't a first grader I'm sure he tries hard at training and is a nice guy but he's not up to it.

He would be the slowest back in the NRL by a long way and doesn't have anything else in his game to make up for his lack of pace.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
One of a few reserve grade players (at best) that we've had to put up with for the past few years and hopefully the last year for all of them.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't know why he or Holland are in the team and how they're still playing FG. Montoya is so slow off the mark and when turning and chasing that he makes Daryl Halligan look like Usain Bolt.

I don't see Georgallis changing a winning team though. Maybe Lafai in for Holland and that's it.
My guess is that the club released any player that showed some worth for the SC which left us park footballers from a team coming last to fill our top 30.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran made the break off a nice ball from Tolman and was looking left and right for support players. Montoya was 20 metres behind just jogging and watching while a scoring opportunity went to waste.

Our support play has been a disgrace for seven years or more. I can't wait for Barrett to take over and to emphasise supporting on every run and fixing the attack.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember that and yet he's still in FG!!!

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He simply isn't a first grader I'm sure he tries hard at training and is a nice guy but he's not up to it.

He would be the slowest back in the NRL by a long way and doesn't have anything else in his game to make up for his lack of pace.
He isn't alone in being an average player. I'm not dirty on him in that regard. I get annoyed that he fails to show effort.
The week before he dropped a ball for the dragons match winning try. He made no reflex movement at all for a second grab. Buried his head in the turf rather than try and stay on his feet and unsettle the loose pick up carrier. It's just a lack of respect on his teamates who turned and chased.
It just also might answer the question why the club are also chasing wingers on top of all our other problems in our squad. I can't see Reimis as a shoe in anymore either.