Montoya at Centre

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is this a thread about Montoya or Lewis?

Montoya has run really hard and made good metres the last few games but still makes his customary errors and never looks to pass. This week will be the real indicator of how he's performing.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah mate Lewis has the heart and ticker for first grade. It's up to Pay to figure out his succession plan for him... it has to be lock. He has proven that he can handle it defensively.
Coaches have a lot of say in the way someone plays (who knew) such as players like Granville who I know have been told to not run.
Lewis needs to be in the team somewhere for us to get the best out of him in the coming years. More games he plays with top class players the better.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya didn't have enough pace over distance to play winger but seems better suited to centre. He's got a nice little burst of pace with good acceleration and he's trying to muscle up in defence. Maybe Pay saw something that I couldn't but still too early to tell. Holland had a few diamonds amongst his (mainly) rocks too.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can add service from dummy half to vision and tackling. No one knows how Lewis will go at that. We have seen how debilitating bad service is from Lichaa.
Guess we will never know until it’s tried. If Pay ever goes back to using a utility it would be good to see how he goes for 20 mins. In saying that our bench should be 4x forward interchanges like the team that faved the Titans.

Malla

Reaction score
Coaches have a lot of say in the way someone plays (who knew) such as players like Granville who I know have been told to not run.
Lewis needs to be in the team somewhere for us to get the best out of him in the coming years. More games he plays with top class players the better.
Yeah mate. I hope he doesn't get pigeon holed as a half who never made it. He lifted us last season, that proved he deserves to be in the team long term.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya playing better but still not the answer. But it’s what we have got.
Montoya is better suited to the centre. At least he can concentrate on his own game and not be there to cover for Hopoate's defensive liabilities.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Put Lewis at centre and he will be forced to run the ball. What else could he do? Kick everytime he gets it? Might be a good way to make him use his running game. Take some pressure off so he doesn't have to kick.