News Monday Buzz: Behind the scenes feud at the Dogs tearing the club apart

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree with this. Need a good 3-4 additional signings imo, and decent signings.

They got Barrett in, credit to them. But it means nought if they don't back him.
Credit to them?
Why credit to them? They signed a coach with possibly the worst win ratio in the NRL. He also had a far superior roster to what we have in 2021 and was basically hated by every Manly fan and administrator. Also would be earning great money. More like credit to Barrett for landing a head coaching role with an appalling record, that’s well done. I would liken it to a ‘rat with a golden tooth’ very cunning indeed!

Not sure why everyone is so impressed by the club landing a sponsor (every team has a sponsor) and landing a rubbish coach (on paper at the very least) there would be so many coaches in the world bending over to be a head coach at literally ANY NRL club. People are very easily impressed these days. I mean all you have to do is advertise the job and you are automatically swamped with dozens of potential candidates. Then you review the candidates and choose one. Not exactly an example of supreme business practice. A teenager with half a brain and no experience could do this. Absolute bare minimum for ANYONE in this role.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's time we bring in a Indian run board. The IPL is the most well run association on the planet.

Indians are booksmart, arrogantly stubborn and wont be swayed. Highly intelligent and neutral. And Indian in the leagues club would be great.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh. OK. What did he say?

Didn't think I said anything too controversial, nor did I have a go at any user. Why was he asking for me to be banned?
I saw the remark mate and it was a vile accusation to say the least. I think @Superuber should be the one due for the ban.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll tell you privately. Should not be repeated on the forum. Easily wins ‘worst post I’ve ever seen on TK’ and boy have we all seen some...
Hmmm have seen what he's said.

You know. I've said things I've regretted before, and I've been too harsh on here at times. So I understand we all make mistakes.

But going to that level I simply don't understand. As a parent of two kids. As an uncle to neices and nephews. In a profession that's 100% dedicated to kids.

It's extremely difficult reading what he said, and knowing that it was in a public forum for seemingly quite some time. Certainly understand the point he was attempting to make, but ...

Appreciate you telling me mate, and also having the mods take it down. Will have to think about the next steps as no poster should have such things thrown at them. No one on here.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the other bloke was dumbly trying to turn the tables on you? Not sure.

By now DD would have filled you in?

No one would have taken any credence of what was said.

Just another anger management issue on TK with yet another poster not able to reasonably discuss points or accept others viewpoints.
Appreciate your support. Realise no one will take such bullshit seriously, but having someone throw such rubbish at me isn't OK.

Anyway. Will have to think about what to do next, but appreciate you saying something. Thank you

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw the remark mate and it was a vile accusation to say the least. I think @Superuber should be the one due for the ban.
Thanks mate. Still can't get my head around why someone felt the need to say such things to me, when I made absolutely no personal remarks or anything. It just doesn't make sense.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm have seen what he's said.

You know. I've said things I've regretted before, and I've been too harsh on here at times. So I understand we all make mistakes.

But going to that level I simply don't understand. As a parent of two kids. As an uncle to neices and nephews. In a profession that's 100% dedicated to kids.

It's extremely difficult reading what he said, and knowing that it was in a public forum for seemingly quite some time. Certainly understand the point he was attempting to make, but ...

Appreciate you telling me mate, and also having the mods take it down. Will have to think about the next steps as no poster should have such things thrown at them. No one on here.
100% agree and why I responded as I did. Everyone makes mistakes and we’ve all said things that in hindsight we might’ve regretted or wished we’d re-phrased. I’m no prude and can laugh at most things but there’s a line that was well and truly crossed.

Beyond what was actually said was the smug delivery - in trying to make some clever point. It missed the mark in every conceivable way. I do hope you take it further - this community should have zero tolerance for that behaviour.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Appreciate your support. Realise no one will take such bullshit seriously, but having someone throw such rubbish at me isn't OK.

Anyway. Will have to think about what to do next, but appreciate you saying something. Thank you
Some things just are so low to say :(

Unfortunately some get too involved in wanting to have the last say and lash out with any kind of cutting, taunting remark to belittle or mess with peoples heads.

Unfortunately a lot on here forget the effect it can have on others or spark a horrible memory from the past.

That comment was not the worst I've seen on here that was below the belt towards someone else.

Be good if being a Bulldogs fan was a mutual respect kinda thing, no matter what your view is on how the club is going or being run or coached.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come on guys it's Buzz ffs this guy is an alcoholic dribbler.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I totally get what you're saying, but the fact is that those alleged victims are now rocking the boat in a big way. Whatever the outcome was in the past, it's not going to be enough as, to be at least, it seems unlikely that the allegations have no basis.

In my mind the only right thing for him to do is step down until the complete truth is out there. He should comply with any future investigation, and put this all to bed asap. If he's innocent, then it seems like the best thing he should do. If the women still don't step forward with concrete statements then I believe he's been vindicated.

But pushing forward saying that the inquiry cleared his name isn't enough. The women need to put up or shut up. That's the only way this thing will be resolved.
Well that's where the club needs to come out & say we had an investigation, we asked for the complainants to provide evidence & they refused to back up their allegations. Under those circumstances, we have no alternative but to exonerate him. If the women are prepared to provide the club rather than the media with the evidence then we will look into this matter again, however we cannot convict someone without evidence. I would also add that the club should say that they have spoken to him & put him on notice that that sort of behaviour will not be tolerated & Should such evidence come forward then a no-confidence motion will be moved. The impetus is on the club to make a statement & put the focus back on to the women to put up or shut up.

I think that is fair. There is nothing else the club could do.

It is being assumed he is guilty. I do not know him or what he is like, but to stand someone down indefinitely when evidence is being refused to be given is totally unfair.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well that's where the club needs to come out & say we had an investigation, we asked for the complainants to provide evidence & they refused to back up their allegations. Under those circumstances, we have no alternative but to exonerate him. If the women are prepared to provide the club rather than the media with the evidence then we will look into this matter again, however we cannot convict someone without evidence. I would also add that the club should say that they have spoken to him & put him on notice that that sort of behaviour will not be tolerated & Should such evidence come forward then a no-confidence motion will be moved. The impetus is on the club to make a statement & put the focus back on to the women to put up or shut up.

It is being assumed he is guilty. I do not know him or what he is like, but to stand someone down indefinitely when evidence is being refused to be given is totally unfair.
Get what you're saying. Really do.

However I'm not saying he should be stood down. More that he should have the professional intelligence to know to take a step back from his duties until another investigation is done. If he's got nothing to hide, then he really should be pushing for this whole process to be completed sooner.

Agree he shouldn't be stood down, and don't think he legally can be, can he? More that he's put on paid leave.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would Coorey be outing himself with leaking information? Its more likely the Anderson faction?

I abhor conduct as alleged but its more likely the women felt none of those in charge, including all the current Boards and Admins were capable of dealing with this matter or much of any matters in fact. Such is the inertion and divided interests at the club.

If it continues we will probably go the way of Parra with NRL appointments :(
The story about Coorey has already made the headlines. What he is doing is fighting back through the media, leaking information that supports him.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The single biggest problem has been the distinct lack of leadership of the board. The same problem exists on the field.
Getting all the old players together sounds good. But it isnt working. An overhaul of the board is necessary.
What is needed is people with business skills, not former playing skills. The only intelligent person on the board is Ballesty.
A few years ago the Board of a not for profit organisation I am part of, took the decision that it had to be run as a business first, if it was to survive as a club for enthusiasts.

It meant putting business people and qualified accountants onto the board, not the guys who love to run it because they are long term members and liked by everyone. We now preside over a multi million dollar organisation, which is highly respected for its professionalism, and the support its members now enjoy. It was a tough few years, and many loyal members had their egos bruised. Had we not gone that way, the society may well have stagnated or withered away.

Times have changed, and the needs and wants of the Dogs have evolved the same way - where putting old players at the helm is not the way to steer the club's success. We will always want the loyalty and history of the club as our goal; but we need hard business heads to get us there. What I am seeing is the bruised egos fighting back, instead of accepting the inevitable.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My view is the allegations were aired in public by his opponents on purpose. Why would they want to try to reduce the publicity and protect him?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There’s some valid suggestions here but also a lot of hysteria.

Exhibit A: Booze Flopfield:

‘The football club is bleeding and will be needing around $6 million from the League Club this year to break even’.

Exhibit B: Bulldogs Football Club Update:

‘The Football Club is in a strong position - on target to post a healthy profit on our 2020 Profit and Loss. It needs to be stated that our monthly grant from the Canterbury League Club stopped in March by mutual decision’.

Members can receive financial statements from the footy club, so there’s simply no way Exhibit B can be a ‘lie’ as some have suggested (without evidence).

There might be frustration at the on field results (fair enough, but a known issue - let’s see what 2021 brings with lots of changes).

There will also always be some dislike for the office holders regardless of the individuals (facts of life).

But the automatic assumption that the club is headed into oblivion because a fiction author with an axe to grind threw some more mud - I think our supporters need to take a deep breath and think things through a bit more.

Last edited:

dibbie83

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think John Khoury needs to get more involved great man loves the club and stays away from the bullshit