News Monday Buzz: Behind the scenes feud at the Dogs tearing the club apart

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Collect another spoon..2008 was the last one? Before that I can't remember would have to be 60s maybe.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes of course, I wasn’t seriously suggesting you have to be a Bulldogs supporter to qualify :-).

Gary’s decision to sponsor was purely business and the sponsorship was appreciated. I just think he overstepped the mark at times. As someone fronting major sponsorship money he’s entitled to a say, but there’s ways of doing it and I wouldn’t want him involved again.

Morris is a nice guy, smart and yes, has connections even though he’s been out of politics almost 10 years and much has changed there too. I think the conflict there is his interest in a consortium sniffing around the Wollongong part of the Steelers.

Appreciate these were just examples and yes, appropriately experienced people would likely be a good thing, especially those who have no interest in power plays and whose egos aren’t out of control. 2022 will be interesting. Undoubtedly there will be an alternative ticket and rightly so after 4 years. The next 12 months are going to be very interesting on and off the field...
Absolutely and well said.

If the board want a chance to even be up for re-election it’s on them over the next 2 years to prove that they can make us successful. If not I hope none of the voting members believe their dribble and excuses again.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely and well said.

If the board want a chance to even be up for re-election it’s on them over the next 2 years to prove that they can make us successful. If not I hope none of the voting members believe their dribble and excuses again.
Yes mate and I’ve said repeatedly I’ll happily see them replaced if they fail. Too early to make that call - but they aren’t stupid and know exactly what will happen if they fail...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors shirt wearing c*** that guy... Imagine being employed by the club and wearing the oppositions apparel on game day. Cards were marked for me at that moment
Is this the truth? He was wearing warriors gear the day we played them? I didn’t see this.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
big integral part of any business is a strong front office where everyone works towards the one goal, canterbury bulldogs front office for years now has been a basket case, important areas are run by DNA instead of the right person for the job

success starts at the fron office of any business and rugby league is a business

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Des, raelene and Dib all together
They may have repeated it, but Des made a Powerpoint presentation to the board and that’s where the original statement came from.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They may have repeated it, but Des made a Powerpoint presentation to the board and that’s where the original statement came from.
I wonder if it was the same meeting he said Tolman is the best prop in the world and holland is a gun :p

Poor dessie has been losing his mind for a while :p

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It seems pretty obvious Anderson was behind the leak to the media. There has been visible friction between Lynne and Coorey for a while. And I’m sure she used the media to throw mud.

How factual these claims are? A handful of people would know. There could be elements that are true and is being used as a power move.

Either way I wouldn’t trust the Anderson’s as far as I can’t throw them. Which isn’t far at all. They came into power with big promises and egos. Won a campaign battle that was more political spiel then actual experience or know how. Used Lynnes fathers name for their own benefit. And has appeared in the media at every opportunity to self promote. Yet disappeared every time there is a question on their leadership or issues.

They said 2021 we will be competitive. Then come out and say they were ambitious and that could be 2024 now.

And now their biggest opponent who has been pushing to get them overthrown is being investigated for sexual harassment claims? Not saying Coorey is the answer or guilt free or what ever. Just insane that this comes out now ideally for the current board hey.

Not a dib fan. I think he was another blight on our proud history and was involved in self promotion and things other then club first. But seeming how Lynne, Chris and the board have carried on. I am certain they are the same or even worse unfortunately.

I will say unequivocally they did a great job with Laundy. Hats off to them for bringing in 2 major sponsors in the heart of uncertain times. They did good to organise Thompson to break contract and arrive early. But these 2 victories are overcast by several other horrible signings, very bad other business and board decisions and now going to the media to air out dirty laundry.

They are untrustworthy and are regressing us as a club and an organisation. We look far more amateurs as an organisation if that was even possible. And we will collect a spoon it seems this year and possible add to that next year. If that isn’t enough to question them or overthrow them then I don’t know what is.

They did well during re-election to promise and sprook and say what people want to hear. To use Bullfrogs name, to cover the reality. To appoint wrong people in wrong roles. To push their agenda. Fair play to them. They got the end result they wanted. But if they don’t deliver what was promised by the 2022 election then they should resign themselves because nothing should save them then.
Absolutely spot on...
I don't give a damn about who is at the helm, I have had enough of selfish people caring only for their self interests pretending they care for the club...
I remember a quote by Dib during the 2018 election ( him being a friend of the Moore family ) "Lynne could have come to me " we can interpret it the way we want but at the time their priorities were and still seem to be self interests.
It should be known Lynne knew about the supposed accusations back in 2018
If true...One of the supposed victims is a friend of hers
Why did they take so long to act...Are they collaborating now to get rid of a foe ???
Do we need reminding...Bullfrog got rid of Warren Ryan and Phil Gould, 2 coaches who's teams played 4 grand finals in space of 6 years winning us 3 of them for the sake of family's interest " Chris Anderson "
Is Lynne Anderson too much like her father the great Bullfrog without the success ???
To me if the rebuild of the team doesn't happen for 2021...They should resign if they truly love the CLUB !!!
I have one question for Lynne, The great Bullfrog helped build this club does she want to go down in the history books
SHE HELPED DESTROYING IT ?????

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if it was the same meeting he said Tolman is the best prop in the world and holland is a gun :p

Poor dessie has been losing his mind for a while :p
Had he said ‘Twice Runners Up by 2019’ he’d be a genius!

Must admit, I wasn’t sad seeing the Beagles finals campaign end on Saturday... :-).

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you guys really believe an article by Rothfield....
Where is that poll he mentioned ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does everyone think Tassie Devil should be banned until this allegation is investigated and he is found innocent. If this information is incorrect , I dont think he would just sit it out and not defend himself or maybe he would as he thinks that is what others should do
Ehy? Wtf are you on about?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
This may be news to some but not anyone on the kennel.
Why? Nasheed told you this a month ago from the insider.

Yet people still think Nasheed talks shit.
This should be proof

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Phil should write articles about the longevity of the sharks instead of trying to destabilise other clubs..enjoy the last few years mate, your beloved Sharkies will likely have to merge or relocate. Cronulla are a financial ruin living off the fumes of selling their last asset in some surplus land... the Leagues club earns bugger all. We are financially stable and always will be.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t stand Rothfield but seems very likely. At least we know something instead of being kept in the dark from current administration (this is their speciality)
Our results and recruitment speak volumes but I don’t mind this, creates more pressure on the already so far out of depth idiots in charge.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
but they gave castle the rugby ceo job, CEO and dope aren't mutually exclusive
The dopes in that situation were the RA board. How Rae ever got the job after her performance at The Bulldogs is mystifying. Due diligence, anyone?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you the sponsorship deal was all about Barrett being signed and a bloke by the name of Gould was heavily involved.
It seems pretty obvious Anderson was behind the leak to the media. There has been visible friction between Lynne and Coorey for a while. And I’m sure she used the media to throw mud.

How factual these claims are? A handful of people would know. There could be elements that are true and is being used as a power move.

Either way I wouldn’t trust the Anderson’s as far as I can’t throw them. Which isn’t far at all. They came into power with big promises and egos. Won a campaign battle that was more political spiel then actual experience or know how. Used Lynnes fathers name for their own benefit. And has appeared in the media at every opportunity to self promote. Yet disappeared every time there is a question on their leadership or issues.

They said 2021 we will be competitive. Then come out and say they were ambitious and that could be 2024 now.

And now their biggest opponent who has been pushing to get them overthrown is being investigated for sexual harassment claims? Not saying Coorey is the answer or guilt free or what ever. Just insane that this comes out now ideally for the current board hey.

Not a dib fan. I think he was another blight on our proud history and was involved in self promotion and things other then club first. But seeming how Lynne, Chris and the board have carried on. I am certain they are the same or even worse unfortunately.

I will say unequivocally they did a great job with Laundy. Hats off to them for bringing in 2 major sponsors in the heart of uncertain times. They did good to organise Thompson to break contract and arrive early. But these 2 victories are overcast by several other horrible signings, very bad other business and board decisions and now going to the media to air out dirty laundry.

They are untrustworthy and are regressing us as a club and an organisation. We look far more amateurs as an organisation if that was even possible. And we will collect a spoon it seems this year and possible add to that next year. If that isn’t enough to question them or overthrow them then I don’t know what is.

They did well during re-election to promise and sprook and say what people want to hear. To use Bullfrogs name, to cover the reality. To appoint wrong people in wrong roles. To push their agenda. Fair play to them. They got the end result they wanted. But if they don’t deliver what was promised by the 2022 election then they should resign themselves because nothing should save them then.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can tell you the sponsorship deal was all about Barrett being signed and a bloke by the name of Gould was heavily involved.
I think a lot will hinge on Barrett next year and will probably dictate what happens to this administration in the proceeding election.. Barrett is an all or nothing play..