Momentum Killing Ball Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We saw it last year, and unfortunately again tonight.

Reynolds - wants to hog the ball too much.
Keating - Hogs the ball and completely kills any momentum on that side of the field. Goodwin and Morris starved of early ball, and when they do get ball it's too late.
Wright - Three times tonight Turner had the wing open with enough space to drive a bus up, yet Wright hogged the ball and didn't pass.

So frustrating.... with Keating and Wright its last year all over again.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Come on man - give them a break, it was pretty tight tonight...

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree that goodwin and morris were not supplied early. Plenty of pressure on us, structure was hard to set up, meh.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba was the only player in the team who looked dangerous with the attacking ball tonight.

He was better than Reynolds and Keating put together.

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesn't take long for the boot to go in...your a hard man to please

Yeah we made some errors but fmd don't we all...

JDM-DC2R

Waterboy
Reaction score
Keating has been a lot better this year in that respect to be honest, Morris has been getting enough ball. Look at what he did last week to Matt King.
Storm's sliding defence to good for us to go around them today.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keating has been a lot better this year in that respect to be honest, Morris has been getting enough ball. Look at what he did last week to Matt King.
Storm's sliding defence to good for us to go around them today.
Dont care about last week, Morris didnt get enough good ball tonight

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The only reason the defence had a chance to slide and cover Goodwin/Morris is because Keating held the ball up getting to them.

I admit Keating has been a lot better, but these are mistakes that hurt us last year creeping back in.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Gotta agree with most observations on this thread...Keating is a liability,has no concept of timing a pass & I thought his kicking early was a good ploy but how about changing it up a bit?Reynolds is still a work in progress & has some REAL ability with the ball in hand,just has to work on his playmaking,also not fond of the spray he gave Ennis in the first half,he has to pull his head in & show some respect.As for Wright,I don't know what to make of him,for every good thing he does,he does something equally as bad.He was guilty tonight of not giving the ball when Turner was unmarked on a few occassions but his running game was very good on the other hand.Just wondering what happened to Lafai,or why Mitch Brown was signed?Overall that game was ours for the winning,the difference was we lacked a leader in the halves to guide us around,until we get Hodkinson back or Keating morphs into a different player,we may see plenty of more games like this!
p.s. I hope,sincerely,that someone recognises Slater for the dirty lowdown grub he is and promptly takes his head clean off his shoulders!!!!!

P

Paint.

Reynolds ball hogging 'almost' got us 2 tries, and it 'did' cost us around 3, and not only tis week...

He's got white line syndrome, he thinks he's the hybrid son of Benji Marshall and Joey Johns or something... but the truth is, he's one of the smallest in our team, and the more he runs at the line, the more we get dominated around the ruck area.

P

Paint.

I love his passion too, but Im not going to blindly support everything he does just because he's a Dogs junior.

If Keating did half the sht Reynolds does, he'd be crucified on here.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the point he is making, is his ball hogging also cost us opportunities on his outside #thebleedingobvious

he needs to be making better selections of when he decides to run it or pass it and at the moment, he is doing alot of hogging when he could have actually passed it and created a better opportunity for the team

he will get there eventually, but right now, facts are facts

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love his passion too, but Im not going to blindly support everything he does just because he's a Dogs junior.

I loved his passion round 1, 2 and 3.. im ****n over it now, just pass the ****n ball!

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score

Keating does do half the **** Reynolds does(more like twice as much),just a different kind of ****!And unless I'm mistaken Reynolds cops his fair share here as well.

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keating played well.. but why the hell would you put a defensive kick when they are on the back foot, 30m out. Why no attacking kick? It does not take a magician to at least put up a bomb. I remember Barba had one kick in the match, at least he tried to put an attacking kick. Keating did this on numerous occasions. Proves how much we miss Hodko organising the boys.

If Keating sorted this out, he would be a really good halfback. Overall, I was impressed with him.
It was all of them, barba, keating, reynolds and ennis last tackle option sucks so much balls it not funny..

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Keating played well.. but why the hell would you put a defensive kick when they are on the back foot, 30m out. Why no attacking kick? It does not take a magician to at least put up a bomb. I remember Barba had one kick in the match, at least he tried to put an attacking kick. Keating did this on numerous occasions. Proves how much we miss Hodko organising the boys.

If Keating sorted this out, he would be a really good halfback. Overall, I was impressed with him.
Q:Why would you put in a defensive kick in when the defense is on the back foot?
A:Coz u have no clue,vision,ability,tactical acumen call it what u will,Keating is useless as a playmaker.Anyone who sat through last year would realise this!Keating looked as if he may have improved in his first game this year but the last game or 2 he has shown that he will be one of the first shown the door when it comes to to sort out next years roster.Here's a tip for Keating if he does look at this forum,before u get the ball have a look at the defense,see where they may be stretched and adjust your play accordingly,don't just do everything by script.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think Keating has been playing really well. I'm more inclined to have him at 5/8 over Reynolds when Hodkinson returns.

I personally think Reynolds is better to use in smaller doses off the bench.

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have got to improve out attacking options..but we are playing without our halfback..We are not doing to bad..
was a good effort tonight against best teasm in the NRL

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I actually think Keating has been playing really well. I'm more inclined to have him at 5/8 over Reynolds when Hodkinson returns.

I personally think Reynolds is better to use in smaller doses off the bench.
Agreed, might take some of that crap out of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.