Mitchell Moses

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍᴏꜱᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜʀɪᴄʜᴛᴏɴ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ

Via Telegraph Sport Paul Crawley

Moses stands to pocket as much as $1.4 million-a-season to sign with Wests Tigers, which would make him the highest paid player in the game.

And while the Bulldogs won’t go that big, they are said to be willing to go to well over the reported $1m-a-season the Eels are currently prepared to pay to keep their star halfback.

The other potential factor in all this is that the Dogs are also closing in on signing Penrith centre Stephen Crichton to play fullback.

Securing Moses would complete a star-studded spine when you throw in Mahoney at hooker and Matt Burton at five-eighth.

But where that would potentially leave Parramatta is in a world of hurt.

It is understood Moses’ camp has told the Tigers and Dogs he will let them know his answer one way or another by Christmas.

And while Brown is not expected to make his final decision until closer to the start of the new season in March, the longer it drags out the more it puts Parramatta in an unenviable position.

Especially if they don’t budge dramatically on the current value they have put on each of their playmakers.

While people are right to argue the Eels are acting responsibly by not offering overs to keep either player, it would be disastrous if they end up losing both.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Moses stands to pocket as much as $1.4 million-a-season to sign with Wests Tigers, which would make him the highest paid player in the game.

And while the Bulldogs won’t go that big, they are said to be willing to go to well over the reported $1m-a-season the Eels are currently prepared to pay to keep their star halfback.

The other potential factor in all this is that the Dogs are also closing in on signing Penrith centre Stephen Crichton to play fullback.

Securing Moses would complete a star-studded spine when you throw in Mahoney at hooker and Matt Burton at five-eighth.

It is understood Moses’ camp has told the Tigers and Dogs he will let them know his answer one way or another by Christmas.

And while Brown is not expected to make his final decision until closer to the start of the new season in March, the longer it drags out the more it puts Parramatta in an unenviable position.

Especially if they don’t budge dramatically on the current value they have put on each of their playmakers.

While people are right to argue the Eels are acting responsibly by not offering overs to keep either player, it would be disastrous if they end up losing both.
It's from that mega cuck Creepy Crawley so it means fuck all.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Douehi as 7. I'm sorry but Gus is not that dumb.

In terms of FB, Kiraz = Avo. It's basically a straight swap. Kiraz has balls whereas Avo has speed. We need an elite FB

Trying to offload Burns sounds right but why not Flanno?
Probably because Flannagan's contract ends when Moses' would begin. We'd try moving on only if we had a chance of getting Moses early which wouldn't happen.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
like a flip of the coin
Pretty much is for any journo when Gus is lurking in the background. Wouldn't surprise me if Gus planted that rumour himself to keep the spotlight away while something happens with us.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

One of the other posters mentioned this already (I forget who), but the whole Moses saga sounds like Gus trying to use the press, to distract from his real target (not Moses). Not sure about Douehi, but Gus will suddenly pop up with other key signature(s) for 2024 to surprise us all. He is done for 2023 I think. I just don’t want Gus to shut out (and lose) some junior star coming through, by shorter term buys now.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate it when I change my mind..

The only thing I want to throw at any Mitchell Moses, is rocks.
To..
Maybe the plan is to ride out 23 with Flange and make a play for a Jerome Hughes/Sam Walker or even a Mitchel Moses calibre player for 24 with our cap?
It makes sense for both him and us. He is the best potential signing at 7 on the market now for 24 and we are clearly the best option for him not to be a memeber of Nathan Hindmarsh's gang..

If we signed Moses it wouldnt be because we had the biggest cheque, but we do have the best chance of a premiership carrot.
Parra cant win one, Roosters, Storm, Cowboys, Penrith, Broncos, Cronulla dont need a 7 and the Tigers are still missing a couple of players and the coaching team is too old and too new..If he actually wants a ring, we are his best chance.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone recall the reason why Moses left Wests Tigers the first time around?

Could that reason play into any decision to potentially go back there?

Also surely on paper with our squad we'd be a more lucrative side to head to.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not 100% sure but think it was all about money ….

Does everyone remember how in 2017 Moses requested a release from the Tigers to join Parra on big dollars and the Tigers denied the release, so he kicked stones sulked and practically did nothing for weeks until they had no choice but to finally release him …

That was a prick of a move and shows he’s only about the $$$ …… if the Tigers take him back for $1.4 a season they’ve got rocks in their heads …

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably because Flannagan's contract ends when Moses' would begin. We'd try moving on only if we had a chance of getting Moses early which wouldn't happen.
Yeah you're probably right but just seeing Flanno in a Dogs jersey for one more season makes me want to vomit
As excited as I am about 23, if that plodder is in the 7 jersey come Rd 1, that will kill 90% of the excitement for me for next season

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Didn't Cleary pull the contract of 'the big 4', lost Tedesco, Woods and Moses, kept Brookes?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you're probably right but just seeing Flanno in a Dogs jersey for one more season makes me want to vomit
As excited as I am about 23, if that plodder is in the 7 jersey come Rd 1, that will kill 90% of the excitement for me for next season
Yeah slim pickings unfortunately.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does everyone remember how in 2017 Moses requested a release from the Tigers to join Parra on big dollars and the Tigers denied the release, so he kicked stones sulked and practically did nothing for weeks until they had no choice but to finally release him …

That was a prick of a move and shows he’s only about the $$$ …… if the Tigers take him back for $1.4 a season they’ve got rocks in their heads …
Didn't Cleary pull the contract of 'the big 4', lost Tedesco, Woods and Moses, kept Brookes?
Looks like it was unhappy at the club, and Cleary. They offered a contract extension then renigged and tore it up.

Clearly told him he didn't see him with a future at the club.

Surely he wouldn't want to go back to a team and board that didn't have his back in the past.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like it was unhappy at the club, and Cleary. They offered a contract extension then renigged and tore it up.

Surely he wouldn't want to go back to a team and board that didn't have his back in the past.
I gather he will either remain a slimy eel or he is Bulldogs bound. I think all the tiger talk is B.S just keeping things interesting. Who the hell would want to join that screwball of a joint?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well this may well be his last contract so he will want a big pay day!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gather he will either remain a slimy eel or he is Bulldogs bound. I think all the tiger talk is B.S just keeping things interesting. Who the hell would want to join that screwball of a joint?
Tigers need a season to show they are attractive to other teams. With a really nice new Centre of Excellence and Training Fields, the uncertainty in coaching situation and mass squad changes means they area big gamble for anyone going there.

Dolphins have an excuse if they flop in 2023 being new, Tigers don't.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

UMMMM no thats not what happened at all but cool story.