Opinion Mitchell late contact on Addo Carr

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if he's copping a fine does that mean they'll come out and make a big fuss about him like they did Taylan May? Not that it helps us yesterday, but it might benefit us in future. We could have brought Wilson on yesterday in a like for like replevement and may need that option in future.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loltrell is the master of disguising his grub plays to make them look accidental. He has plenty of form:

Manu’s face

Teddy stamp on nuts and knee to the face

Hip and knees first into JAC

He also kicked out at a Tigers player a while back and elbowed him (Nofoluma I think)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100%. If a suspected head or neck injury, you don't move them at all unless they are in danger. On their side is ok (esp. if they look like they might be sick) and neutral neck position would've required at least 2 other men to rotate JAC's body at the same time. If he had a spinal injury, moving him like that could've crippled him, literally. He didn't even relieve pressure on the spine by gently extending the neck before moving him
Very selfish and irresponsible just trying to cover up for his dirty play.
The way Fox face palmed the ground indicated he was out to it. Latrine just trying to make out he was concerned about a mate. He really wasn't bc it's all about Trell being a hero.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way Fox face palmed the ground indicated he was out to it. Latrine just trying to make out he was concerned about a mate. He really wasn't bc it's all about Trell being a hero.
100% @wendog33

I spent a lot of time training for incidents like this to keep my boy's team safe. Boils my blood that he whacked him like that and then in trying to make himself look better, could have done huge harm moving him like that

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% @wendog33

I spent a lot of time training for incidents like this to keep my boy's team safe. Boils my blood that he whacked him like that and then in trying to make himself look better, could have done huge harm moving him like that
Any responsible person knows that an injured person, even partly knocked out, should not be moved, let alone mandled or pulled up via their collar. Just beggars belief the jerk would do that.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Betting if he did nothing, he would be attacked.

And no, I don't like him
Yes, his appalling late hip to the head would continue to be called out, and rightly so. If he'd then done nothing but kneel near Fox waiting for trainers to get near him like a responsible person, instead of further losing control and risking more injury by his actions, that would have been noticed positively by at least some.

100%. If a suspected head or neck injury, you don't move them at all unless they are in danger. On their side is ok (esp. if they look like they might be sick) and neutral neck position would've required at least 2 other men to rotate JAC's body at the same time. If he had a spinal injury, moving him like that could've crippled him, literally. He didn't even relieve pressure on the spine by gently extending the neck before moving him
Precisely, because he isn't trained in handling head injuries, he should have stayed out of it. The problem LM has is that he lacks self-control.

I can't wait for the day Karma smacks the fuck out of him....
It will happen, as sure as night follows day. He isn't going to be this young and strong and talented forever, in fact he is one serious injury away from struggling to ever be relevant again. But this isn't something to celebrate, it is sad, and the fault for it lies at many feet.

Gus Gould pointed this out when commenting on the recent interview with all the swearing in it. He reckoned that early on it was obvious that LM was very talented, and that he needed good advice and guidance around his self-control (or words to that effect), and that he wasn't given it. The time span Gould mentioned seems to be when LM was playing juniors with the chooks, so I take that to be a comment on them. These days the NRL is trying to manage the lack of self-control that now is LM, but they have lost the chance to provide him with guidance when it would have counted for a lot more, and are stuck praising the good things he does and praying that the next out of control thing he does isn't too harmful or doesn't get too much attention. Unfortunately that is unlikely to be effective, because as much as it is healthy to praise good stuff, it is also healthy to provide guidance on the out of control stuff. Who of us hasn't benefited when we were young from some wise words, even if sometimes it has taken a while for us to listen to them properly?

Decent RL people know the kinds of things that can go wrong for the young men who finish up their careers and haven't really learned much about life itself. Gould was mocked for visiting the Fainu guy in jail, but he does that sort of stuff on the reg, it only makes it to the news when a crappy journalist can create a signing rumour out of it. Other old players do the same stuff behind the scenes (I won't name names, they don't want that). No one sat down with LM at the right time and gave him some decent guidance. Part of the outcome of this is that he doesn't play "tough but fair", he plays tough and without control. That was what we saw when he started moving Fox around after knocking him out. Was he concerned about his mate? Absolutely. Was he out of control? Also absolutely. If you want to truly love the people you love, you learn self-control and the skills to do the right thing in a given situation.

I feel sad for him, without self-control he is going to end up doing something he will regret for the rest of his life. Perhaps he (and Fox) are fortunate that didn't happen on Friday.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% wendog. Heaven forbid if Fox did have a neck injury...what positive spin would Latrell's coach put on it then. Moving JAC as he did could have been catastrophic. You are taught this when you do first aid.

First aid when the injured person is unconscious

The person should not be moved unless they are in immediate danger. Any unnecessary movement may cause greater complications to the head injury itself, the spine or other associated injuries. A good rule is that if the head is injured, the neck may be injured too.