Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs belt the Melbourne Storm

HE was the three-try hero in the Bulldogs’ thumping 28-4 victory over the Storm, and on Sunday night Tim Lafai opened up on what will be hard to beat as the miracle story of this year’s finals series.

STORM V BULLDOGS PLAYER RATINGS HERE

DOGS BOUNCE BACK TO MAUL STORM

On a day the Bulldogs put two forgettable months behind them with a thunderous performance that sets up an elimination shootout with arch-rivals Manly on Saturday, Lafai spoke about the other “little miracle” that *arrived in his world this week. Lafai and his partner Jacqui are expecting a baby they were told previously would never come.

The couple announced they are expected a baby on Instagram.
Lafai took the field with his partner’s name written on his wrist above the wonderful news — and he admits it gave him the inspiration to produce a game he will never forget.

Jacqui had earlier posted on Instagram that she and Tim were expecting their first baby and the news had changed their world.

“We are feeling so extremely blessed and thank God every day for our little miracle monkey,” she wrote.

And after helping to keep the Bulldogs’ season alive, the 23-year-old could hardly contain his excitement as he spoke about what a life-changing week it had been.

Canterbury Bulldogs Press Conference

“It’s been awesome,’’ a proud Lafai said.

“Having my first baby on the way soon, that is awesome news and something to look forward to in the future.

He said the news was welcome for him and his partner after the trouble they had getting to this stage.

“Health complications and stuff like that,’’ he explained.

“It’s all a numbers game. I guess a new change is good and something to look forward to and something to play for now — having my own little family.”

Tim Lafai with his partner Jacqui.
And on the field it just turned into one of those afternoon’s when Lafai simply couldn’t do anything wrong.

The match was only six minutes old when he punched back a Michael Ennis bomb to send Greg Eastwood crashing over for the first try and after that he used his lightning speed to extend the Bulldogs’ lead.

He scored his first try in the 17th minute after latching on to a lazy pass from Ben Roberts and before the break he was over again with a try in the 36th minute taking the Dogs to a 24-0 lead at half-time.

From there it was always going to be a matter of by how much for Canterbury as Lafai finished off his afternoon to remember with his third try in the dying minutes.

Michael Ennis gets under Cameron Smith's skin

He admits the baby news this week played on his mind during the game.

“My family, my partner and the little one inside her,” he said. “It definitely drives me to try to do my best. Not only them but the boys on the field next to me.”

It was the highlight of a memorable afternoon for the Bulldogs who hit the Storm like a tornado in the first half.

Coming off six defeats in their last eight games, the Bulldogs went into the elimination final on Sunday coming off two straight losses to Souths and the Titans but from the opening minutes they simply blew the Storm off the park.

“It was an awesome day for myself and the boys,’ Lafai added.

Bulldogs Tim Lafai celebrate victory after beating the Melbourne Storm.
“I guess we just have to try to stay calm and stay humble. The journey is not over.

“It just shows we’re well in this. Finals footy is a different game. It’s whoever turns up and wants it most.

“I have been trying to play consistent footy. It’s been an awesome ride but we have to keep it going.”

Tim Lafai of the Bulldogs is congratulated by team mates after scoring a try during.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...nd-storms-season/story-fni3g67w-1227058324159

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
That's fantastic news for him and his partner. Kids are amazing and completely change your perspective on life.

Tim was outstanding today not only in attack but his defence was magnificent! Well done young man.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs belt the Melbourne Storm

HE was the three-try hero in the Bulldogs’ thumping 28-4 victory over the Storm, and on Sunday night Tim Lafai opened up on what will be hard to beat as the miracle story of this year’s finals series.

STORM V BULLDOGS PLAYER RATINGS HERE

DOGS BOUNCE BACK TO MAUL STORM

On a day the Bulldogs put two forgettable months behind them with a thunderous performance that sets up an elimination shootout with arch-rivals Manly on Saturday, Lafai spoke about the other “little miracle” that *arrived in his world this week. Lafai and his partner Jacqui are expecting a baby they were told previously would never come.

The couple announced they are expected a baby on Instagram.
Lafai took the field with his partner’s name written on his wrist above the wonderful news — and he admits it gave him the inspiration to produce a game he will never forget.

Jacqui had earlier posted on Instagram that she and Tim were expecting their first baby and the news had changed their world.

“We are feeling so extremely blessed and thank God every day for our little miracle monkey,” she wrote.

And after helping to keep the Bulldogs’ season alive, the 23-year-old could hardly contain his excitement as he spoke about what a life-changing week it had been.

Canterbury Bulldogs Press Conference

“It’s been awesome,’’ a proud Lafai said.

“Having my first baby on the way soon, that is awesome news and something to look forward to in the future.

He said the news was welcome for him and his partner after the trouble they had getting to this stage.

“Health complications and stuff like that,’’ he explained.

“It’s all a numbers game. I guess a new change is good and something to look forward to and something to play for now — having my own little family.”

Tim Lafai with his partner Jacqui.
And on the field it just turned into one of those afternoon’s when Lafai simply couldn’t do anything wrong.

The match was only six minutes old when he punched back a Michael Ennis bomb to send Greg Eastwood crashing over for the first try and after that he used his lightning speed to extend the Bulldogs’ lead.

He scored his first try in the 17th minute after latching on to a lazy pass from Ben Roberts and before the break he was over again with a try in the 36th minute taking the Dogs to a 24-0 lead at half-time.

From there it was always going to be a matter of by how much for Canterbury as Lafai finished off his afternoon to remember with his third try in the dying minutes.

Michael Ennis gets under Cameron Smith's skin

He admits the baby news this week played on his mind during the game.

“My family, my partner and the little one inside her,” he said. “It definitely drives me to try to do my best. Not only them but the boys on the field next to me.”

It was the highlight of a memorable afternoon for the Bulldogs who hit the Storm like a tornado in the first half.

Coming off six defeats in their last eight games, the Bulldogs went into the elimination final on Sunday coming off two straight losses to Souths and the Titans but from the opening minutes they simply blew the Storm off the park.

“It was an awesome day for myself and the boys,’ Lafai added.

Bulldogs Tim Lafai celebrate victory after beating the Melbourne Storm.
“I guess we just have to try to stay calm and stay humble. The journey is not over.

“It just shows we’re well in this. Finals footy is a different game. It’s whoever turns up and wants it most.

“I have been trying to play consistent footy. It’s been an awesome ride but we have to keep it going.”

Tim Lafai of the Bulldogs is congratulated by team mates after scoring a try during.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...nd-storms-season/story-fni3g67w-1227058324159
I know the feeling. Took us 8 years to have my son and now ive got 3. Played out of his skin today. Just goes to show how mental fitness is as important as physical fitness.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheering i picked it earlier on
was praying for him to have a big one
under his wrist straps he usually has just jax
todays game he had jax and baby b lol
all the best laf
now score another hattrick on saturday just in case u have twins lol

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The feel good story of the finals. Timoteoooohhhhh Timoteoooohhhhh.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just the perfect Rugby League player in my opinion. Extremely humble, well mannered and extremely faithful religiously off the field.... and powerful, quick, skillful and exciting on the field.

Had a good feeling about this guy from day 1.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Notice the picture of the Ultrasound?

PRP EASTWOOD... it was an omen.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“It just shows we’re well in this. Finals footy is a different game. It’s whoever turns up and wants it most.”
The best thing I have read all year. Thats all I need to hear.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Lafai and his misus hope everything goes well in the 8 months

A

Alexander the Great

Why do I feel doctors and our refs have alot in common?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do I feel doctors and our refs have alot in common?
Really? A baby comes out blatantly with a penis and it gets sent upstairs to the Video Doctor who presses the "It's a Girl" button, citing insufficient evidence to suggest otherwise?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Both Tim and the Beast motioned a rock the baby on the weekend . Maybe not only Tim and his partner have reason to celebrate.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really? A baby comes out blatantly with a penis and it gets sent upstairs to the Video Doctor who presses the "It's a Girl" button, citing insufficient evidence to suggest otherwise?
****ing lol that got me cry laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.