News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We showed our hand when we tried to sign Taukeiaho - an experienced front rower for 1 year to add some depth and experience.

Probably cost us around $300k - great $’s for Tetavano before he starts his post football career and less than an average salary for us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We showed our hand when we tried to sign Taukeiaho - an experienced front rower for 1 year to add some depth and experience.

Probably cost us around $300k - great $’s for Tetavano before he starts his post football career and less than an average salary for us.
According to Critta we're still interested in Taukeiaho after he's finished his rehab in France.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to Critta we're still interested in Taukeiaho after he's finished his rehab in France.
I saw the part of the podcast where he mentions SST, when was that podcast made ? Was it prior to SST failing the medical ? If so, what Critta said is probably no longer relevant

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don’t mean to sound negative but this bloke couldn't bend the line coming off the bench in red hot roosters and penriff teams. Now after a few years in the ESL and leaving on medical grounds he comes to the dogs. If he brings up training standards he should be on the coaching team not top 30.
Mate did you even watch him at the chooks?

If he played anything like that I’d be stoked. He was a bloody good player there.

Even at panthers he did a job. It’s from those years that leaves me doubtful.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If he played anything like that I’d be stoked. He was a bloody good player there.

Yea I’ve watched him. Looks like another small prop. Not sure why Penrith released him from his 3rd year? and have a niggling feeling he missed making the grand final teams at either roosters or riffs. For mine he will bring some experience and a hard edge which is a good thing. On the field I do not see him making many meters at all and I wonder how he will cope with the line speed of the NRL in 2024.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yea I’ve watched him. Looks like another small prop. Not sure why Penrith released him from his 3rd year? and have a niggling feeling he missed making the grand final teams at either roosters or riffs. For mine he will bring some experience and a hard edge which is a good thing. On the field I do not see him making many meters at all and I wonder how he will cope with the line speed of the NRL in 2024.
He won one with the Chooks, not sure which year & he played for us in the 2020 GF. We let him go a year early so he could get a 3 year deal with a pay bump. We have a bit of history doing this if the player is replaceable. (We had Spencer needing a spot) He was pretty good for us, I wasn't thrilled when we signed him based mostly off the DV history, but that aside he was better than decent. I'd believe what Critta said about his influence. I'd say he played a part in the attitude we have had for 2020 and beyond.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won one with the Chooks, not sure which year & he played for us in the 2020 GF. We let him go a year early so he could get a 3 year deal with a pay bump. We have a bit of history doing this if the player is replaceable. (We had Spencer needing a spot) He was pretty good for us, I wasn't thrilled when we signed him based mostly off the DV history, but that aside he was better than decent. I'd believe what Critta said about his influence. I'd say he played a part in the attitude we have had for 2020 and beyond.
Cheers soc. Always good to get feedback from a fan of the team he played in as you’re bound to watch him more closely. Starting to sound like a low risk move from the club.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cheers soc. Always good to get feedback from a fan of the team he played in as you’re bound to watch him more closely. Starting to sound like a low risk move from the club.
Yeah, not a lot of downside really. It's not like he is going to be keeping anyone else out of the top 30 for a year. When we signed him I had similar thoughts to a lot of you here. How am I going to cheer for this shitbag. Once the whistle blows you are cheering for your team, the outside noise just goes. Not the kind of guy I'd seek out a selfie with, but I cheered for him a fair bit during games.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
We have lacked a hard ****, but he can leave the once were warriors shit at the door.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I mean I don't think its a bad buy getting Tetevano. Remember him when he was playing around 4 or 5 years ago and he seemed pretty tough, ran at the line hard, often broke the line and hit hard in tackles. He looks reasonable big and solid compared to most other players. A bit like a Hargraves or even Pangai. So its only a year contract and I don't think theres much else out there.

The past connection to the Panthers may help and it seems he played a big part in the rise of the Panters in 2020 so there's some pluses. Can't lose much and I think we will be better for having him than not. Just the additional strength and power in the forward rotation will be good.

We don't have any or many agressive type props, maybe Hughes or Kautoga but Tetevano brings that NRL winning experience being a part of the Panthers and Roosters winning sides.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean I don't think its a bad buy getting Tetevano. Remember him when he was playing around 4 or 5 years ago and he seemed pretty tough, ran at the line hard, often broke the line and hit hard in tackles. He looks reasonable big and solid compared to most other players. A bit like a Hargraves or even Pangai. So its only a year contract and I don't think theres much else out there.

The past connection to the Panthers may help and it seems he played a big part in the rise of the Panters in 2020 so there's some pluses. Can't lose much and I think we will be better for having him than not. Just the additional strength and power in the forward rotation will be good.

We don't have any or many agressive type props, maybe Hughes or Kautoga but Tetevano brings that NRL winning experience being a part of the Panthers and Roosters winning sides.

Let's hope so. Definitely need some aggression up front.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Marly is one of the smartest posters on here and he can articulate a point better than most, that’s what upsets people. I don’t agree with a lot of his posts lately but I understand his frustration.
I concede that Marley does have a certain level of intelligence and possesses somewhat refined oratory skills, but his incessant need to prosecute a point repeatedly is petulant and puerile. This constant repetition back and forth, thinking he’s delivering a witty one-liner, makes him appear more like an idiot than a Rhodes Scholar.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

We may or may not get anything out of him at FG but if the reports are true about how hard he trains that is a good thing for the kids coming through. We are slowly getting more professionalism around the place.