Minichiello to ESL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K E

3/12/2004

Salford City Reds today revealed Australian superstar Anthony Minichiello has been added to their most wanted list for the 2006 season.

Reds bosses will soon meet with their stadium development partners to discuss a possible swoop for Minichiello - a world-class star who was a hero in Australia's victorious Tri-Nations tournament squad.

Minichiello is one of four top overseas players being targeted by the Reds - the others are Aussies Craig Gower and Clinton Schifcofske, along with Kiwi ace Paul Rauhihi.

Reds fans can expect developments early in the New Year.

Football director Steve Simms said: "That is when we are expecting to hear from players' agents as to just what is happening.

"If, for instance, a player wants to play Super League or if he's joining another club in Australia - when this happens and we know the score, we can then make a firm offer to these targets.

"Until then, all we can do is wait and see what happens."

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You think he'll go?
I think he is Comfy where he is and he wont go
MB

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Thats true about the money. i hope he doesnt go actually. Not that it would really affect us though.

K

K E

I'm sure the joosters wont mind losing them, It gives them an excuse to buy half the jrl.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
K E said:
I'm sure the joosters wont mind losing them, It gives them an excuse to buy half the jrl.
yep,

Money Talks and Bull**** walks there is no such thing as love for the game in the Modern game....

and to say a player ig going to be loyal for such n such reasons is like living a fairytale!!!

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
I know. So much for love of any sport at tht level these days. Or loyalty to a club, although there are certain players, coaches that are loyal, but most will go where the most money is.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs1984 said:
yep,

Money Talks and Bull**** walks there is no such thing as love for the game in the Modern game....

and to say a player ig going to be loyal for such n such reasons is like living a fairytale!!!
yerpo,look at tuquiri...
but some are loyal... apprantly casey Maguire got offers approx 150 000 by other clubs but he chose to stay at the broncos even though there is no starting position for him...
also Lockyer signed a 5 year deal for 2 million... that is pretty loyal, he could have gone to other clubs for way more money... hell Trent Barret is probably getting paid more than Lockyer.

A

atomic_crimson

Bulldogs1984 said:
yep,

so agree when money talks even the most loyalist walk....

but i was reading a few posts by roosters fans on the new wall...they seem to think mini isnt that excited anymore... all he seems to do is hover around and wait for something to pounce on... as with the tri nations he was doing alot more i.e kicking.. etc if ricky can give him more of a challenge role then i dont see him leaving...but if he gets bored he may... and remembering he is still only 24....

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Panther fans can stop living the denial that Gower is staying at the Pamfers!!!!
And the Rooster Fans need to stop living the denial that Minichiello is staying at the Roosters!!!!

Gower and Mini are Future Brother in laws so ive clicked on to what is happening here!!!
They will both take an offer from Salford you watch!!!!

M

MrCharisma

I'd love to see Mini as a 5/8th option, I think he would kill.... a ball running 5/8th like Presto

D

Danish

He'll stay because mini has been buying properties (no doubt on the cheap through connections at the roosters) so he has little need for more money.

K

K E

Danish it doesnt matter how much 'connections' you have, properties cant be bought discounted big time.

You run the risk of losing the vendor. (Owner of the property)

D

Danish

but what if the owner is the roosters? Then he could get it cheap

I dont mean like half price or some garbage. I mean just a bit below market value. When you dont have any expenses and your earning a crapload of money you can pay off alot of property at once. Not to mention rent from already owned properties

K

K E

Yeah cause im sure a "bondi" club is so eager to give properties away for cheap.

Doesnt work that way mate, trust me.

Unless its shifty?

D

Danish

Well why wouldnt they?

Convenient way arounf the salary cap.

"We'll pay you $300K this year, BUT we'll also sell you this $800K property for $700K. So you just get a loan off the club (legal), buy it, then sell it again to this buyer we have lined up and pay us back ok?"

Extra $100K that mini has just made that year through his own investments. They prob dont do it exactly like that but hey even if they help him invest in good properties they could make him a packet.

The roosters get alot of players into propery investment and such. Way of building up their retirement fun and a reason why plenty of our top players will be roosters for life

Status
Not open for further replies.