Minichiello to ESL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

K E

Danish said:
Well why wouldnt they?

Convenient way arounf the salary cap.

"We'll pay you $300K this year, BUT we'll also sell you this $800K property for $700K. So you just get a loan off the club (legal), buy it, then sell it again to this buyer we have lined up and pay us back ok?"

Extra $100K that mini has just made that year through his own investments. They prob dont do it exactly like that but hey even if they help him invest in good properties they could make him a packet.

The roosters get alot of players into propery investment and such. Way of building up their retirement fun and a reason why plenty of our top players will be roosters for life

First of all, there is no guarentee they will sell the property AT ALL.

Secondly, the property market has slowed down dramatically so it confirms my first point.

Thirdly, Although Sydney has Australia's best Real Estate market, England's is better.

So ur theory seems iffy if it is done legally.

D

Danish

Obviously its not a fool proof thing.

I'm just saying there are definitely ways to do it. And they know alot more about it than you or me.

Roosters players are all helped in property investment to build up their money. And basically as all footy players are trained baboons they need a club to do it for them.

So if Mini can retire with millions in property and actually get to paly for a team he loes and not live in ****ty england i reckon he'd stay.

Just because Pricey got lured away by the big bucks doesnt mean all players are like that. I'm sure the bulldogs will be hoping that some of their off contract players will stay even if they arent given the highest offer

K

K E

Listen Danish,

Money he will be recieveing. over 500 ENGLISH POUNDS.

Goes overseas and invest in BETTER PROPERTY.

Get it?

D

Danish

Yeh i get it.

Earn a heap of money here and be set for life while staying in your own country.

Or go overseas, earn a more money than here. But have to uproot your life, live in a crap climate, then return to play for a ****ter team in oz because your old team wont have you and no good teams can afford you.

D

Danish

Not to mention having rep footy taken away from you because origin is out the window, and aussie selection will be very unlikely

K

K E

Danish i work in real Estate, i kinow which is the better investment. trust me.

Where will footy be when he is 30+?

His BETTER investment properties will still be there.

D

Danish

But its much of a muchness.

$2 million in property may not be as good as $3 mil, but its still plenty.

If it was me then i'd rather play for my club and earn big bucks then have to go overseas to a team i dont care about and earn megabucks.

K

K E

But you will be set for life.

Earn Pounds instead of dollars, and have greater properties.

Whats the problem? live in England for a few years, set urself up and return to Australia a richer man.

D

Danish

He can always go to england at the end of his career to earn big bucks for 2 years.

If he goes now he'll need to stay for more than a couple years because he wont be able to come back to australia and play for a good side for the money he'll want.

He's set for life no matter where he plays. The question is about whether he is more interested in staying in his own country or if he's greedy enough to chase more money that he doesnt need overseas

K

K E

Money makes the world go round Danish.

he will take the bigger offer no matter where it is.

D

Danish

Roberts didnt. In fact he took the smallest.

Its funny how much dogs fans perspectives changed after Pricey left. If money makes the world go round then wave goodbye to Williams, Ryan, Tonga, Anasta, Mason and the rest of your off contract big names cause i garruntee you that they will get bigger offers than the dogs can handle from other codes/clubs.

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danish said:
If it was me then i'd rather play for my club and earn big bucks then have to go overseas to a team i dont care about and earn megabucks.
Why not, if Price can leave the Doggies to play in NZ, anyone can leave any team for money!!!
It just depends on the person and the situation they're in, if they think it will benefit them moneywise.

K

K E

Danish said:
Roberts didnt. In fact he took the smallest.

Its funny how much dogs fans perspectives changed after Pricey left. If money makes the world go round then wave goodbye to Williams, Ryan, Tonga, Anasta, Mason and the rest of your off contract big names cause i garruntee you that they will get bigger offers than the dogs can handle from other codes/clubs.
My perspective changed?

When i first started work i knew money makes the world go round.

Nothing has changed here.

D

Danish

MiteyDogs said:
Why not, if Price can leave the Doggies to play in NZ, anyone can leave any team for money!!!
It just depends on the person and the situation they're in, if they think it will benefit them moneywise.
Thats exactly my point. Bulldogs fans now want to believe that everyone chases money to make Price abandoning them hurt less.

Just because Pricey decided to chase money in his twilight years doesnt mean that all players, especially one in peak of his career with plenty of time left is gonna jump at the prospect of leaving their family, friends and country in the name of money.

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danish said:
Thats exactly my point. Bulldogs fans now want to believe that everyone chases money to make Price abandoning them hurt less.

Just because Pricey decided to chase money in his twilight years doesnt mean that all players, especially one in peak of his career with plenty of time left is gonna jump at the prospect of leaving their family, friends and country in the name of money.
It's not gonna make it hurt less for me, i'm just stating the obvious.
These days it seems all that matters to alot (not all) of sportspeople is money.

A

atomic_crimson

its not just about pricey.... wasnt gasnier - someone in his prime and young ready to jump ship to england until dragons wouldnt release him...

anyways i dont think mini is going anywhere...

Willskii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he goes he stays it doesn't matter imo. Better if he stays so i can see him and his team get hammered again. I personally would never go to Roosters for any amount of money, well im not in that position so i will not know what i would do but i hate them and won't play for them if i was a first grader.
I think Mini thinks his getting enough money as it is, his getting around 200k ain't he saw in league week or something the whereabouts his pay. more then enough and it will continue to grow as he becomes older, no reason for him to leave.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Why would he go. he is still young and has the chance of playing rep footy in Oz for 3 years at least. Plus the weather is ****house over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.