Mind Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone think that the past two losses by the dragons have been a bit odd.
they were unstopable and going to win the premiership, to all of a sudden loosing two games in pretty poor form.
do you think this is a ploy by Wayne Bennett to lessen the pressure on his team after the premier t-shirt thing????

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
no they wouldnt lose games on purpose but them losing isnt a big deal, they are still the team to beat and there defence is still very strong, we just gotta worry about ourselves

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause losing games relieves pressure rather than building it

No wonder the Roosters and Sharks are going so well these days

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
Uhh yeah Bennett would be wanting his team to lose games.. dude think about it!

As smart of a coach Bennett is, he would never stoop to this. The Dragons aren't purposely losing, something has gone wrong the last couple of weeks definately, but they certainly aren't intending to lose games on purpose.

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way Bennett would have his team purposely losing.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
seriously...

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just find it odd that
they loose to the raiders ( i know they played good)
but then to loose to the broncos without scoring a point
somethings seems fishy

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
i really don't think bennett would be like: "okay boys, let get out there & lose this week to take some pressure off us."
like paulina said, something has definitely gone wrong, but im pretty sure these back-to-back losses would be a wake up call for them? well you should hope so anyway.

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's nothing fishy about it they just got out played

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
they were unstopable and going to win the premiership, to all of a sudden loosing two games in pretty poor form.
do you think this is a ploy by Wayne Bennett to lessen the pressure on his team after the premier t-shirt thing????
what??? as if the Dragqueens would want to lose. They want minor prems just like us. Maybe they are just choking like every other year. But to suggest they would want to lose to ease the pressure is as crazy as saying SBW is coming back to the Dogs.

I

I R Cookie

who cares.

we should be focused on winning games, not if the dragons lose or not. :sleepy:

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
you cant be serious?

i think we should give away our game against the tigers so when we head into the finals teams can think we cant play as good as we did during the season

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No, and the idea of them losing deliberately is beyond stupid.

There is a reason the Dragons are having problems of late.

They rely on one player to hold them together and make the side work. That player is Jamie Soward.

I won't deny that in attack he is devestating when he clicks, and his kicking game is excellent.

However in defence he is a little suspect.

Start of the season this wasn't a problem however.

Of late however other sides have figured out how to shut him down. Shut down your main attacking playmaker and you don't put on points. Add in suspect in defence which means more teams are aiming his way, and you have a problem.

Add to this problems scoring points because danger players are being marked well, add in "in our face" defence, add in set after set against the Dragons line, and you have yourself a win against the Dragons.

I really don't know what Bennett will do because it's textbook every single loss they have had. In addition injuries are hurting the Saints.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There's nothing fishy about it they just got out played
They did. The Broncos somehow have found form from the start of the season and did outgun them. Broncos in form in the finals is a little scarey.

Considering St Merge could have wrapped up the Minor Premiership with a win vs Broncos, they had 100,000 extra reasons to win.

No conspiracies lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only Brian Smith loses games deliberately to add spice against another team the next week.

Or so supercoach Freddy tells us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.