Opinion Michael Maguire

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan not in the mix.
Madge or Ricky being seriously considered. September announcement means we are chasing a current coach employed with another club.
Why would Ricky come to the dogs he has a decent team at the raiders. Only one that makes sense is Madge but that’ll do me

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was also my thought earlier when I saw the story about a decision on Maguire in the next week. Cannot say I am a fan, but was thinking about what Jammer said in NRL360 a couple of weeks ago, that the next coach may not necessarily be the one to take us to a premiership, rather be a shorter term measure. I reckon for a couple of seasons he could be good for us.
If the club was to apoint anyone other than Bellamy it should be short term 2 years absolute max.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have a feeling Gus won't hire Flanno but he'd have to be high to consider Madge.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Without any inside knowledge I have a funny feeling that Gus has definitely had "talks" with Ricky Stuart. I know he is contracted to the Raiders but he has been there for 9 years and could be open to a change

I think Ricky has sucked all the juice that he can out of the Raiders and had his shot at the premiership a couple of years ago and nearly got there

Since then they have been slowly falling and although he seems entrenched down there, stranger things have happened

Why I think this could be an option. As far as I can tell, Gus and Ricky have a close relationship and have worked before successfully at the Roosters

Stuart is an experienced coach with 20 years experience, Gus said it is a job for an experienced coach

Stuart played and coached at the Dogs so has a feel for the place

Even though we are terrible at the moment, I think we are an attractive proposition for a coach to come in and truly build his own roster within 2 years as we only have 6 or so players contracted for 2024. That leaves alot of room for manoeuvring

I don't know if he would be the right fit.....personally I would go for Flanno.....but I think there is possibly secret squirell stuff going on in the background that might blind side all of us

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan not in the mix.
Madge or Ricky being seriously considered. September announcement means we are chasing a current coach employed with another club.
fuck the pair of them. we’ll be even more of a laughing stock if we go for either

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan not in the mix.
No f%$King way to either!!! Ricky would be my worse nightmare...

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was also my thought earlier when I saw the story about a decision on Maguire in the next week. Cannot say I am a fan, but was thinking about what Jammer said in NRL360 a couple of weeks ago, that the next coach may not necessarily be the one to take us to a premiership, rather be a shorter term measure. I reckon for a couple of seasons he could be good for us.
What were Pay and Barrett if not shorter term coaching solutions?
Jammers had too many head knocks. Every coach appointed aspires to be successful. There's nobody that seeks to limit their success, and the ultimate success is winning a premiership, so wtf is he talking about?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fittler doesn't have Dogs DNA, nor does Madge. Flange grew up playing grade in Bankstown. He gets the DNA thing as all Bankstown boys do.
Please appoint Flange asap before the Tigers or Raiders or Warriors or Knights do.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kennel Meltdown in 3-2-1-.................................