Michael Maguire questions the Dogs last TRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I question Maguire's incessant wrestling in the play the ball and his ability to coach an evolving sport.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Awww it seems all it took was a year in England to convert him into a whinging pom.

If you want to look at something, look at why your side was:
a) constantly offside the entire game.
b) wanting to work the knee/elbow players in the face.

If it makes him feel any better I've got a 4c per L coupon off fuel I can mail him to share amongst the fanbase.
Cant agree with your comment here. You are assuming souths fans can use a petrol voucher. Do any of them have cars? They dont accept petrol coupons on the busses or trains you know. Better check your facts before you comment bud!

The fact that Sutton ran past the tryscorer implies he wasnt impeded, and the call was good. I dont see Macquire mentioning we were hard done by on the first no try call, where nobody was impeded. Fact is we should have won by 7, it was also a try we were robbed.

As coach he should focus on why they REALLY lost. They werent good enough is why. Why cant coaches accept that when their team loses?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact that Sutton ran past the tryscorer implies he wasnt impeded, and the call was good. I dont see Macquire mentioning we were hard done by on the first no try call where nobody was impeded. Fact is we should have won by 7, its was also a try we were robbed.

Nothing but this^

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
as others have mentioned, sutton easily made it to thompson & YES jackson makes some contact with him. BUT even if they were saying "oh but he couldve made the tackle on lafai" NO WAY coz lafai immediately passes the ball to thompson. now if lafai had run through then MAYBE they have a case. the right decision was made thankfully..

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You could tell sutton the dog was trying to milk it as best as he could.. After the first try being disallowed I was sure they were going to disallow it.. Thank fuuuucccckkkk they didn't ahaha

That first half no try changed all the momentum of the game.. 'Twas an 8 point turnaround after that...

Dogs were pretty bawwsss though ahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He can cry all he wants, nobody gives a f*** what he thinks except the toothless dole bludgers in Redfern.

K

Kane 'em

Well, if we really want to nitpick, Mr Maguire, on Sutton's try Chris McQueen obstructed Tim Lafai and also affected the tackle of Josh Reynolds by bumping him in the back which could constitute as a driver.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant agree with your comment here. You are assuming souths fans can use a petrol voucher. Do any of them have cars? They dont accept petrol coupons on the busses or trains you know. Better check your facts before you comment bud!

The fact that Sutton ran past the tryscorer implies he wasnt impeded, and the call was good. I dont see Macquire mentioning we were hard done by on the first no try call, where nobody was impeded. Fact is we should have won by 7, it was also a try we were robbed.

As coach he should focus on why they REALLY lost. They werent good enough is why. Why cant coaches accept that when their team loses?
Who said they would use petrol in their cars. Thats a waste for them.

They love petrol!!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, if we really want to nitpick, Mr Maguire, on Sutton's try Chris McQueen obstructed Tim Lafai and also affected the tackle of Josh Reynolds by bumping him in the back which could constitute as a driver.
It looked like it but don't worry no video referee needed for that try...

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lizzie maguire is the biggest hypocrite and sore loser like him and his rabbits and there centrelink supporters. We were hard done by the spastic refs and yet no one In the media is whining about that.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was people calling that last try as a no try until I just opened up the forum. Usually I would notice something wrong in a play straight away and I have no idea what this idiot is going on about. Sutton is a known diver, helps the lazy pr*ck not do his job properly. For me and if I was Maguire I would shut up, looks stupid getting a blatant favourable call on that first try then whinge later on when your not given another wrong call. Thompson stepped back inside all the defence so they had a chance to tackle him.
Ben Lowe should be part of the Australian diving team

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who said they would use petrol in their cars. Thats a waste for them.

They love petrol!!!
They celebrate with the top shelf stuff when they win, Shell Optimax!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe McGuire should questions why his halfback buckles under an ounce of pressure or why his million dollar wife beating fullback has been MIA the past 3 finals series.

We had dud calls against us yet we overcame them. The difference between a good team and a team looking for excuses....

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe McGuire should questions why his halfback buckles under an ounce of pressure or why his million dollar wife beating fullback has been MIA the past 3 finals series.

We had dud calls against us yet we overcame them. The difference between a good team and a team looking for excuses....
Pretty much, their million dollar baby never seems to step up against us lol

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
You get 80 minutes to win the game. There were 79 other minutes where they could have won the game.
Dont blame it on a refs decision.

Canterbury didnt go through the gap caused by Jackson "impeding" John Sutton. He had a chance to stop Thompson, but he, like the rest of the south defenders were wrong footed.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but they have to use it in moderation otherwise they will blow a gasket... :P
They don't have any head gaskets, look at them haha!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He said he was confused about the obstruction rule. Can't blame him.
What he DIDN'T SAY THOUGH was the reason he was confused, was that the earlier incident where there was NO obstruction was ruled no try. Wants his cake and to eat it too.

What he should question is why his captain didn't go all out to stop the play, but preferred to play for the penalty and expect the lucky dip referees to come to their rescue again.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol I'm over this shit tbh. I havnt heard one media outlet crediting the dogs for this win. Souths were missing Teo and burgess. They had injuries. blah blah blah. We ****ing beat them with the refs on their side!

Also about Maguire. That Thompson try, tell ur defenders to tackle maybe, only half your team was there to tackle him! Sutton was simply too shit to tackle him!

Also nothing said about our no try at the start, how that was called no try I'll never know!

Also wanna ask, not sure if anyone else noticed, but when Tolman charged down the field goal attempt and Reynolds ran back to get it, he knocked it on, yet nothing was said, the whole section where I was sitting blew up. So Mr Maguire, if you wanna blame someone, blame your shit team!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but how was Sutton impeded if he actually beat Thompson to the spot where the try occured?

The dud went to kick it our of his hands instead of tackling him. Not our fault Sutton made a shit decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.