News Michael Maguire facing the axe as Wests Tigers call crisis meeting

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with the Tigers isn’t the coach, it’s their fractured management with dysfunctional Wests and Tigers splits everywhere, from where their facilities are located to where they play games. They have had 6 coaches in 9 years, plainly changing the coach won’t fix their problems, the poor bastards don’t stand a chance. The players and the football staff get told shit by one half of the management and then totally different shit by the other half. Getting Sheens back is a desperate attempt to put someone between the coach/players and the divisive back room, he’s the insulator.

Always a Bulldog
Nailed it TT!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem with the Tigers isn’t the coach, it’s their fractured management with dysfunctional Wests and Tigers splits everywhere, from where their facilities are located to where they play games. They have had 6 coaches in 9 years, plainly changing the coach won’t fix their problems, the poor bastards don’t stand a chance. The players and the football staff get told shit by one half of the management and then totally different shit by the other half. Getting Sheens back is a desperate attempt to put someone between the coach/players and the divisive back room, he’s the insulator.

Always a Bulldog
All true, and sadly it might be time for the Magpie part to accept that they are part of history. Harry Triguboth should splash some of his Billions and just buy the club and kick out the past. As long as they stay called the West Tigers and not Balmain that should suffice. Their administration is a cess pool and its scary to think what we must have looked like 2 years ago when Madge knocked us back..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Agree with most of that. However, the defining point is simply that players do not want to play for him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He’s an old style hard arse coach more suited to yesteryear that style is long gone he only won the comp at south cos of the talent they had at the time
Can't agree my bro, look at Bellamy and Skeletor.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I think Madge should go, I read yesterday they were interested in taking Aaron Woods back. He’s 30 and past his use by date. It’s scary to think he still has football games in him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly, too many soft players these days who need their hand held through everything or want to have a cry if they don't get what they want.
Because they are boys and not men, mentally.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately, this is the way todays society thinks.
Yes the current players players can’t take any criticism without crawling into a hole. What happened to having players who want to prove everyone wrong, including their own self doubts.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the current players players can’t take any criticism without crawling into a hole. What happened to having players who want to prove everyone wrong, including their own self doubts.
I do not have the answer you want. the reality is. those days and people are very far and few between.
you just have to look at the Jayden Fiasco.
no talk about improving his onfield performance.

the point I am making is he does not mention anywhere taje ownership of his poor performances or wanting to improve or do better at what he does.

only talk about how he should not be subjected to Racism. I agree with him in that he should not be subjected to racism.

i hope my analogy makes sense.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
unfortunately, this is the way todays society thinks.
Yeah...... goes into kids school sports too where 'everyone is a winner'.

Same as in normal school too where awards are handed out for every conceivable reason and those kids that misbehave are bribed with 'iPad time' and other privileges and awards for behaving one out of five days in the week.