Michael Lett - 2011 Discussion Thread

Will Michael Lett take the field this weekend?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Lafai to cover left wing then this week please. No Junior Tia Kilifi or Heka Nanai thanks!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Lett. Injuries at bad times, especially when an opportunity to cement your spot is available, have been career killers for some past players.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lett out for 3 weeks according to Kristi, with Goodwin out for another week.

Wouldn't surprise me if Goodwin does play this week. That's the end of Lett. In his two games i think he's scored the equal amount of tries if not more then Bryson.

Goodluck Lett, wherever you end up next year.
How soon we will see him again will depend on brysbigtoe. We will see Lett again. He had enough skills to show some promise. He needs to have more awareness generally, right now hes mostly speed, which he has lots of. Goodwin will get his spot back though, when ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its funny how fast some people turn. A few weeks ago everyone was calling for lett. Now 2 games in people dont rate him any more and need a new left winger in 2012. He is a good player with good speed. But does have some issues. Its a bit hard to judge him after only 2 games though. Not every player gets man of the match awards after 2 games back in first grade. We cant expect miracles. Every player has a job in the team and believe it or not it is not to score 2 tries every game.

He should go good but his pace was down against the dragons. Makes you wonder if he had already pulled the hammy before he got the try and made a break before being run down.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FWIW was talking to a guy today who has played against Lett numerous times.

He watched the game on the weekend and said there is absolutely no way on this earth that Soward is that fast unless Letts hammie had half gone when he went for that run.

He reckoned that there's probably only a handful of wingers (Morris/Uate) that would catch Lett in open space.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I don't care if his hammy went. He still had 2 working arms that he could have used to pass.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
FWIW was talking to a guy today who has played against Lett numerous times.

He watched the game on the weekend and said there is absolutely no way on this earth that Soward is that fast unless Letts hammie had half gone when he went for that run.

He reckoned that there's probably only a handful of wingers (Morris/Uate) that would catch Lett in open space.
i think you just spoke to yourself. Because everytime a conversation starts up about Lett. You always mention that nobody in the NRL will catch him probaly only Morris or Uate lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't care if his hammy went. He still had 2 working arms that he could have used to pass.
Probably, but with keating track record he'd probably have help up and offload and given a 6 pointer to Boyd.

i think you just spoke to yourself. Because everytime a conversation starts up about Lett. You always mention that nobody in the NRL will catch him probaly only Morris or Uate lol
Have you watched ANY NSW Cup at all?

He played last season for the Shellharbour Dragons and was a top tryscorer in a side that didn't even make the top 4.

This year he's blitzing them as well. But until you see him in open space it's easy to assume that a guy who has just pulled the hamstring off the bone running is slow.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This...
He may have alot of speed, which is good, but you need to have awareness....
In my opinion he will always be a solid backup player, but never a regular first grade player...

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
If he had pulled his hammy of the bone he wouldn't be out for 3 weeks trust me.

His only out for 3 weeks, possibly only a minor twinge.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know if the rumours are true that Reddy has signed?? Dont rate him at all.. Especially after Lafais debut this year and signing Chambers I dont know where he will fit in?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chambers is signed? This is news to me.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i was to the understanding that chambers and the club had 'agreed to terms' but not officially signed anything as yet.

i haven't heard of any developments from there, but i guess they're about as close as they can get to a signiature?

i know that's not 'signed', but it does make the whole situation interesting with lafai. i haven't seen chambers play, but from anything i've read about him, he's nothing spectacular

surely lafai is 1st shot at right centre next year if his form is still good by end of year and during next year's trials? or is he going to be left in toyota cup while we persist with others less capable (reddy and if chambers is indeed also unspectacular), just so we can watch another one of our younger players get bought up by another club?

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who were bagging this guy out for not catching bombs, pretty sure tonight goodwin did just as bad, and so did barba for once, neither went to catch bombs. Bulldogs bombs were not as good as raiders bombs. One try came from a intercept and trying to stop 40/20 all went wrong. Beside that the game could have been closer. We should with the team we had on paper, absolutely smashed them. No Leroyd Lahrs, No Shillington, No Dugan, No Vidot, No Waddell. We should have smashed them.

H

hazem_elmasri

I'm Tipping this guy for man of match performance!!!!!!!!!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has his second chance to cement a spot in first grade and a new contract. Shown glimpses of brilliance but a few brain snaps.

H

hazem_elmasri

Pretty sure this guy has scored a TRY in EVERY GAME he has played this year, NSW CUP and NRL. 13 Tries for 10 Appearances.
Cannot wait for the match!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he can remove the brain snaps from his game that cost us, he has great potential. He defineately is an attacking weapon.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Watch for him and Roberts to link up... Roberts and Lett have been striking some impressive combinations of late.

That side of the field (Roberts/Lett/Wright) was responsible for like 4 tries out of 5 last week against the Wolves.

Expect Morris to come alive in this game, and with Lett being such a speedster, I reckon our backs are in for a real treat.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Watch for him and Roberts to link up... Roberts and Lett have been striking some impressive combinations of late.

That side of the field (Roberts/Lett/Wright) was responsible for like 4 tries out of 5 last week against the Wolves.

Expect Morris to come alive in this game, and with Lett being such a speedster, I reckon our backs are in for a real treat.
I agree that our left side attack should and hopefully fire with Roberts feeding Morris good ball which will create space and room for Lett.
Not only does Roberts look good but Moore will want some of the accolades with his master stroke with Roberts selection
more so because of injury and suspension.
If Hodkinson was not suspended Roberts would not get a look in.

Its not as though he has to coach Roberts to look much better than Keating and Hodkinson, but do what he has done in the past in his own
right and ability to give quality service to his outside.

Even if he does do his job and we get beaten Moore will still go for his golden haired, blue eyed boys Hodkinson and Keating were not together.

He can have the so called every now and then brain explosion if in between he makes sure the ball gets out to the wing.

I know this is a Lett thread but our backs and to some extent our forwards are being stiffled with disorganised and unstructured play.

Go Benny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.