Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I thought they wanted it to be Penrith vs rabbits but we outplayed the refs and our opposition through the finals. Sadly we got there busted, Hokk on an injured knee, Reynolds busted his shoulder and Ennis unable to play. I thought we defended well through most of the game but didn't have the firepower to get over the line. The late surge by the Rabbitohs seemed to deflate the boys especially since they knew they couldn't buy a penalty. I really do think our forwards would have dominated if Ennis had been available. This isn't an attack on Mbye who was playing his first game at 9. But it was sad seeing our forwards having to reach behind them to catch the ball. Seeing passes thrown to props on the 5th tackle. His defense was outstanding but i think we'd have won if Ennis had been there to get the plays rolling. Souths had an experienced backup in Korisau to replace Luke and they play a similar style of football. They actually lost one of their penalty machines when Luke got injured. Hasler put a lot of responsibility on Mbye to play his first ever game in the hooking role on the biggest stage the NRL has to offer.
Totally agree with you. Hodkinson and Reynolds were very injured and Hodko still looks like he's got the same injury. Mbye should've came off the bench to spell the starting Reni.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Ennis was good in mudheap last night. Lewis should've been mom though.
I'd take lichaa over Ennis any day of the week regardless.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy with our choice don't forget Ennis was greedy and wanted 2 years we offered him 1 year... Was not worth losing licha.

licha is doing great guns I couldn't be happier.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good luck to Ennis, happy for him if he's playing well. If he stayed on with us we would have eventually needed to replace him. Des would have looked at who was available at that time and made the choice to bring in Lichaa now. Would much rather we planned for the future than ended up with someone in 2 years who's not very good just because we had to find a replacement.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
michael ennis is still much a great competitor and still gives so much to the team he plays for,hes a great clubman and openly helps the younger players in the team ...great pick up for the sharks hope he has a top season

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis is one of the few dogs players that I'm happy to see still playing well after they've left us.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Had a great game last night, and I think he needed the seachange (to Sharks) to bring out his best again.

That said, Des tried 3 times to get Lichaa before he finally nabbed him, so he's seen what the future holds for him.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had a great game last night, and I think he needed the seachange (to Sharks) to bring out his best again.

That said, Des tried 3 times to get Lichaa before he finally nabbed him, so he's seen what the future holds for him.

hopefully it is a short term pain for the long term again....... unless he does a DCE, Foran or a Barba on us when he becomes a marquee player.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I had and still have no doubt that Ennis is better than Lichaa RIGHT NOW, but, Lichaa has years ahead of him and Ennis has only a couple. I hated seeing him go, but the club made a longer term decision that they felt best for them and Ennis had to make a decision that was best for him, hard to fault either side on their choices.

Its good to see Ennis doing well, he was great for our club, the Sharks could really use a guy like him to pull them up just like he did for us.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of you need to adjust your blue and white goggles. The blue and white Ennis plays for isn't the dogs anymore so you can go ahead and bag him.

Status
Not open for further replies.