Michael Ennis under fire for ‘disrespecting’ Australian captain Cameron Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fairness, it is a tacky and unsporting gesture.

I'm sure everyone recalls the similar outrage when John Sutton crashed over on Good Friday against the Dogs and celebrated by sarcastically patting Josh Reynolds on the head? Or maybe you recall the justified criticism Issac Luke copped after scoring against us last year and got up to throw the ball mockingly at Josh Morris's head?

No - how could everyone forget the Channel Nine outrage over these acts? It's almost like you'd never heard any outrage and they just got on with the game both times as there was no Ennis agenda to run with. Funny...

Bollocks indeed. The idea that winding up another player is ok, but winding up the Australian captain isn't ok is bullshit. Cam Smith is a quality player, but let's not pretend he's some messianic figure who deserves to be treated differently to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly fox sports have become just like channel 9. Sensationalist drongos. At least their commentary is still good.

If you watch the Storm press conference, Bellamy doesn't say he didn't like what Ennis did because it was Smith. He said he doesn't like anything that disrespects the opposition. He even used his own player Mahe Fonua as an example, when he didn't put the ball down as soon as he crossed the tryline in a game.

What Bellamy said was fine. He said he was old school and doesn't like that stuff in general. He actually said he wouldn't be surprised if we made the GF and that once there, either team has a good chance of winning.

It's Finch who should give himself an uppercut. As if all players should bow down before the mighty Cameron Smith before the game or something. They're in battle. As if they're gonna do that. A lot worse things happen tbh.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith didn't say a whole lot about it that I saw, Bellamy carried on like a bitch on just everything including that in his press conference though.
His reaction to a question on Slater's knee to the back, vs his response to Mick patting someone on the head is pretty funny though.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha respect? what a clown the the bloke should put a sock in it

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't know Smith is such an uptight prissy a**hole.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just wow lol, respecting your enemy in sudden death is what gets your eliminated... You have to be ruthless abs show the enemy you are the real deal not hold their hand... Idiot Channel 9

Smith didn't say a whole lot about it that I saw, Bellamy carried on like a bitch on just everything including that in his press conference though.
His reaction to a question on Slater's knee to the back, vs his response to Mick patting someone on the head is pretty funny though.
He kept saying it was his teams fault, was he even watching the game lol? We destroyed them and he got out coached the rest of the shit he cried about came from that...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we should also respect them by giving them a try that shouldn't be awarded? This is f*cked, respect is only given when it is received and Smith is a massive grub

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dislike Smith and hate Slater, Cronk and Hoffman are only two gentlemen in that club

b00merang

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How the **** is this newsworthy? Just finished week 1 of the finals and this article makes it into the news.

People really do hate Ennis hey... wonder if I'll hate him next year when he leaves us... or if I'll have a soft spot for him considering he is our current captain.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dislike Smith and hate Slater, Cronk and Hoffman are only two gentlemen in that club
Id have to agree with you. I actually thought smith was a good guy on the field until the Alex McKinnon incident I was turned off him completely. He wants to argue to the ref to not get a penalty and shit when there was a guy on the ground not Fkn moving and was clear wasn't a small injury. If someone is down like that you don't go and winge and try and justify the wrong doings of your teammates tackle. Cronk can have his dirty snaps but who doesn't but as an overall player and bloke on the field Cronk would be up there with the best

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
F@#k the rorting, dirty, cheating cock suckers. These guys don't deserve any respect. They are the most hypocritical team in the comp. Why the f@#k do they think they deserve any respect. What Ennis did happens in nearly ever game ever weekend. Man Ennis must be really hated for this to be such a big deal.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
"MASTER of niggle Michael Ennis got caught up in another drama on Sunday when Craig Bellamy agreed the Bulldogs skipper lacked respect after mockingly patting Cameron Smith on the head."
Hey Bellamy, when did Cameron Smith become a deity?

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bellamy, when did Cameron Smith become a deity?
In his defence they are taking what Bellamy said out of context. He said he hated it all. Not Ennis on smith specifically. He called out his own player as well. For me the problem isn't what Bellamy said. It is that the commentary carried on about it and that he was even asked the question. I didn't really mind his answer.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Mick Ennis Head Pat

So the media is blowing up about how "disrespectful" it was to pat the Aussie captain on his head.

Whoop whoop, well I guess that that's footy. If Cam Smith couldn't take a little head pat by Mick then all that means is Cam Smith needs to harden up a lil' bit. Heck, it lead to the second try. Up Doggies!

EDIT:

oops shit didn't see the other thread sorry guys

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the media is blowing up about how "disrespectful" it was to pat the Aussie captain on his head.

Whoop whoop, well I guess that that's footy. If Cam Smith couldn't take a little head pat by Mick then all that means is Cam Smith needs to harden up a lil' bit. Heck, it lead to the second try. Up Doggies!

EDIT:

oops shit didn't see the other thread sorry guys
Look just pointing out... The issue here is the media. Not Smith or even Bellamy... I felt Bellamy's answer was reasonable (he should have never been asked the question though) and Smith never said anything. This is just the media making a big deal about nothing.

the RL media is a joke.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
It was a bit disrespectful, yeah.

But that's what happens in footy, you have to be able to take that stuff and move on.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a bit disrespectful, yeah.

But that's what happens in footy, you have to be able to take that stuff and move on.
That is almost exactly what Bellamy said...

the issue is the media. Let's face it. The media are the worst thing in RL right now. Always creating a controversy where there isn't one.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
What I find disrespectful is the club that introduced the wrestle , the grapple , the chicken wing , the crusher and the squirrel grip tackle .

Status
Not open for further replies.