Michael Ennis Comments On The Bulldogs Culture: "They've Lost Who They Are"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone criticising ennis for making the same comments that most people on here have made themselves?? He has every right to speak about the club seeing as though he spent many years at the club, captained it, and spent time under both kevin moore who had strong ties to the club culture and des. He wasn't attacking the club he was merely saying there was a noticeable change in how the club operated over the years
100% correct.. He is quite qualified to comment..

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you leave footy and become a "media personality" the more air time you get, the better. The more controversial, the better.
He would be silly not to say these things when asked.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The dogs will bark but the caravan moves on.
Seriously I'm totally over these naval gazing stories.
I know the media needs stories to fill their columns but this stuff is shit!!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ennis should have said something when he was still at the Bulldogs.

He may have gotten things changed.

There is no way in hell, that Hasler would have dropped him.

Most football fans knew all wasn't right at the club, all it needed was one current player to make a stand & say something.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Change the record Mick. We've changed the coach and moved on, so should you. I have respect for you and a lot of the things you said, but if you keep harping on like this, it's going to come across as sour grapes.

Players had to be let go to clean up the salary cap mess that Hasler created and you know it Mick. So you should probably shut your mouth and wait to see how the club turns itself around before you continue to lay the boot in. Otherwise a lot of the goodwill you have with fans here will be trashed?

Are you bitter because nobody has offered YOU a role?

Just be quiet for a while and see what happens Mick. This is a time for optimism and we don't want you raining on our parade. It's starting to come across as sour grapes.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why is everyone criticising ennis for making the same comments that most people on here have made themselves?? He has every right to speak about the club seeing as though he spent many years at the club, captained it, and spent time under both kevin moore who had strong ties to the club culture and des. He wasn't attacking the club he was merely saying there was a noticeable change in how the club operated over the years
He's playing a broken record at a time nobody wants to hear it. His past opinions have been welcome but if he cares about the club and isn't bitter he should be prepared to just shut up and see what happens.

This is not the time for these comments. His previous comments were constructive.

He can say what he wants.... just as we can choose whether we appreciate it or feel his motivations are sincere.

If he cares about the joint he should shut up
And give us a chance to turn things around imo.

He can say what he likes, but I feel his latest comments are non constructive and disappointing.

Edit: maybe he is still trying to be constructive. Maybe this is about Dib. It does seem like he has driven a lot of these decisions... if this is Mick's way of telling us he thinks we need a change on the board I guess I can respect that....but it seems to me we are trying to fobegst we can to bring historical connections and traditional values back to the club do I think Mick should wait a while to see what happens. Or if he thinks Dib is the problem and is fundamentally inconsistent with those values, he should probably say it outright. Club culture doesn't just go away, but it can definitely be swept under the rug by the wrong influences.... but I think there are plenty of people within the club who care about its history and values and are trying to bring that historical/ cultural influence back to the fore.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody gives a shit what you think Ennis.. opinions are like arseholes.. everyone has one.
Can't understand people attacking Ennis, for saying what many of us know about how our club went downhill under Des, after all most opinions differ and all have been repeated a zillion times.
Guess if all the crap on this forum was put in the Sydney sewer, the government would have to build a new one.

N

Natboy

Ennis should have said something when he was still at the Bulldogs.

He may have gotten things changed.

There is no way in hell, that Hasler would have dropped him.

Most football fans knew all wasn't right at the club, all it needed was one current player to make a stand & say something.
Maybe he did say something before he was moved on

Reactions: DT

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I guess when you go to the roosters it's the same philosophy, the fridge is full :p but instead of food there is money inside right? :tearsofjoy:
Gold bullion hidden in ice cream containers. That way it only takes up freezer space and then they can still give you the food as well.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Ennis but think he is off the mark here. Yes we were built on those things he mentioned, but we have always been a results driven club as well.

Hope he would recognise that and understand that being the 2012 & 2014 runners up was not a good example of the success the club expects.

Reactions: DT

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're a joke. His comment was an example of the little things that count. It was a small gesture by our club. Clearly you don't like him so you find a way to whibge.
If you can't see that Ennis has an agenda then your the joke. He wants Dib out plain and simple but because there are no more meat trays he wants to carry on, pfftt!! The club provides a lot of small gestures that are not publicised nor do they have to be.

Changes have now been made for the better of the club so how about Ennis let the club move forward instead of holding a gripe because the changes don't suit him.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's playing a broken record at a time nobody wants to hear it. His past opinions have been welcome but if he cares about the club and isn't bitter he should be prepared to just shut up and see what happens.

This is not the time for these comments. His previous comments were constructive.

He can say what he wants.... just as we can choose whether we appreciate it or feel his motivations are sincere.

If he cares about the joint he should shut up
And give us a chance to turn things around imo.

He can say what he likes, but I feel his latest comments are non constructive and disappointing.

Edit: maybe he is still trying to be constructive. Maybe this is about Dib. It does seem like he has driven a lot of these decisions... if this is Mick's way of telling us he thinks we need a change on the board I guess I can respect that....but it seems to me we are trying to fobegst we can to bring historical connections and traditional values back to the club do I think Mick should wait a while to see what happens. Or if he thinks Dib is the problem and is fundamentally inconsistent with those values, he should probably say it outright. Club culture doesn't just go away, but it can definitely be swept under the rug by the wrong influences.... but I think there are plenty of people within the club who care about its history and values and are trying to bring that historical/ cultural influence back to the fore.
Why don't you take your own advice about the broken record? Lol
Ennis is the bridge between gossip and the truth.. He was actually a player at the dogs you know?? So I'd take his word over anytging that's been said on the kennel.. You should be singing his praises for actually having the balls to speak out and give us a real insight into what it was really like at the club .. Instead of pages and pages of rumours and speculation.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you can't see that Ennis has an agenda then your the joke. He wants Dib out plain and simple but because there are no more meat trays he wants to carry on, pfftt!! The club provides a lot of small gestures that are not publicised nor do they have to be.

Changes have now been made for the better of the club so how about Ennis let the club move forward instead of holding a gripe because the changes don't suit him.
You seriouly are a goose if u think he has an agenda.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I must be blind or stupid but what is his agenda exactly ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why don't you take your own advice about the broken record? Lol
Ennis is the bridge between gossip and the truth.. He was actually a player at the dogs you know?? So I'd take his word over anytging that's been said on the kennel.. You should be singing his praises for actually having the balls to speak out and give us a real insight into what it was really like at the club .. Instead of pages and pages of rumours and speculation.
Whatever. He can say what he likes, but I'll only support/ agree with his comments for as long as I feel what is saying is constructive for the club. I don't feel these latest comments are constructive.

Also comparong me to a broken record in this case doesn't make too much sense. I have not exactly been going on and on about this. I think this thread is the first time I've really voiced the opinion. I agreed with what he said up to this point. Lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatever. He can say what he likes, but I'll only support/ agree with his comments for as long as I feel what is saying is constructive for the club. I don't feel these latest comments are constructive.

Also comparong me to a broken record in this case doesn't make too much sense. I have not exactly been going on and on about this. I think this thread is the first time I've really voiced the opinion. I agreed with what he said up to this point. Lol
Wow that is a very negative stance to take on a bloke who has shown nothing but the utmost integrity in everything he did for the club.. To assume he's trying to be destructive or petty is completely irrational.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we stop talking bout what a shark thinks of this club! End of the day that's what he is! How many clubs mick been too 5 maybe?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can we stop talking bout what a shark thinks of this club! End of the day that's what he is! How many clubs mick been too 5 maybe?
The shark, dragon, bronco, knight lol

Status
Not open for further replies.