Michael Ennis Comments On The Bulldogs Culture: "They've Lost Who They Are"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry to say your love for Ennis clouds your objectivity.
You didn't listen to the podcast did you ?because if you had its very clear what he meant by filling his fridge up with meat and stuff..
It's symbolic of how the club wanted to involve his family and make them welcome into a bigger family..
Michael absolutely appreciated it and thrived on it

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When we last re-signed Kas, the club didn't bother with a fridge full of meat....
They went and bought him a........

images (82).jpg

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You didn't listen to the podcast did you ?because if you had its very clear what he meant by filling his fridge up with meat and stuff..
It's symbolic of how the club wanted to involve his family and make them welcome into a bigger family..
Michael absolutely appreciated it and thrived on it
Lol did St George, Brisbane, Newcastle and Cronulla also offer this too him
You bang on about how great he is constantly, dead average player only know for being a total grub

While i hated the way Des coached this side, Ennis needs to shut up now and never talk about Bulldogs Dna when he is no part of it

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol did St George, Brisbane, Newcastle and Cronulla also offer this too him
You bang on about how great he is constantly, dead average player only know for being a total grub

While i hated the way Des coached this side, Ennis needs to shut up now and never talk about Bulldogs Dna when he is no part of it
Look I don't know what the other clubs did for him but he's not banging on about them is he?
What joy do you get from rubbishing a former captain who has bled blue n white blood, sweat and tears for us?
If it wasn't for Ennis you wouldn't have seen a GF in 2014, and Hasler might still be the coach for 2018 and beyond so think about that before shooting off .

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I guess when you go to the roosters it's the same philosophy, the fridge is full :p but instead of food there is money inside right? :tearsofjoy:
I too would like a fridge full of money than full of meat, guess that's why the rotters have no trouble getting all the players they want.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I don't know what the other clubs did for him but he's not banging on about them is he?
What joy do you get from rubbishing a former captain who has bled blue n white blood, sweat and tears for us?
If it wasn't for Ennis you wouldn't have seen a GF in 2014, and Hasler might still be the coach for 2018 and beyond so think about that before shooting off .
Wolfe: some morons on here just don't know that if someone tells you the truth then he certainly is your friend; When he played for us I thought he was a good skipper, however he did not play much better for us than Lichea did for most of the last few years we can blame DES for Ennis form to.
He is and has been speaking as if he want's some role in our club, and his passion appears to be with our club, he went to the sharks because they offered him a much better deal so you can't blame him for that, I doubt he would wan't to come here just to continue doing the harm that Des did here.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some things Ennis has said in the past I agreed with but ffs really?!!! We are not a family club because no one puts meat in their fridge anymore? Cry me a f*kn river Mick. People are starving in this world and you are judging the club based on this. I think your pissed off because of Reynolds and Graham leaving who you are close to. Oh and BTW Mick M&J Chickens won't be happy.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I guess when you go to the roosters it's the same philosophy, the fridge is full :p but instead of food there is money inside right? :tearsofjoy:
And it's the biggest fridge you have seen in your life.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I can understand Ennis going on about Hasler but he is gone, so why is he having a crack at our culture now? He must be a self appointed subject matter expert on all things Bulldogs eventhough he was no club legend.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Ennis has every right to talk about aspects of our culture. There was actually an article when he arrived at the club about him appreciating that Greenburg welcomed his family to the house with a package of food so they had time to settle in before needing to shop. He does say that it was just a small thing that made him feel very welcome at the club and for him to bring it up now means that it was a memorable thing that he probably hasn't experienced with other clubs.

Things might have begun to change by the time he signed for us but if these things were what helped make the club special to him it's probably a small part of what we need to get back to.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I wish Ennis would shut the fuck up and get over himself I'm sick of hearing him winge about our club.
Agreed , it surprises me he took his mouth of Parkers knob for a minute to actually say something , he just spews the same shit out time and again

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some things Ennis has said in the past I agreed with but ffs really?!!! We are not a family club because no one puts meat in their fridge anymore? Cry me a f*kn river Mick. People are starving in this world and you are judging the club based on this. I think your pissed off because of Reynolds and Graham leaving who you are close to. Oh and BTW Mick M&J Chickens won't be happy.
You're a joke. His comment was an example of the little things that count. It was a small gesture by our club. Clearly you don't like him so you find a way to whibge.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone criticising ennis for making the same comments that most people on here have made themselves?? He has every right to speak about the club seeing as though he spent many years at the club, captained it, and spent time under both kevin moore who had strong ties to the club culture and des. He wasn't attacking the club he was merely saying there was a noticeable change in how the club operated over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.