No Source Michael Chee-Kam

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be a replacement for Chris Smith - seems better too but he's not the kind of signing we are waiting for

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard we're close to signing him on a 2 and half year deal, will likely join after this weekend if all things fall into place.
I would love this signing very versatile player little bit more creativity on the cheap let’s hope it comes through

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haven’t heard anything about it mate just pointing out the reason for a 2 and a half year deal
There would be no reason for a two and a half year deal. Half a year makes sense. One and a half isn't so bad. Two and a half years for a soon to be 29 year old who can't get a run for the Tigers would be strange logic.

Who else would offer him a two and a half year contract? He's lucky to get an NRL deal at all at this stage of his career.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There would be no reason for a two and a half year deal. Half a year makes sense. One and a half isn't so bad. Two and a half for a soon to be 29 year old who can't get a run for the Tigers would be strange logic.
Well the tigers gave us a belting he’s not a bad player, we’ve got plenty of depth players coming off contract as well as higher profile players I’m all for a bloke like this coming in

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well the tigers gave us a belting he’s not a bad player, we’ve got plenty of depth players coming off contract as well as higher profile players I’m all for a bloke like this coming in
He's not a bad player. I just think they're bidding against themselves by unnecessarily giving him a two and a half year deal.

He barely plays for the Tigers this season and played 15 minutes against us. I just wish they'd sign players with their best footy ahead of them for once and not journeymen or players other clubs don't want.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not a bad player. I just think they're bidding against themselves by unnecessarily giving him a two and a half year deal.

He barely plays for the Tigers this season and played 15 minutes against us. I just wish they'd sign players with their best footy ahead of them for once and not journeymen or players other clubs don't want.
Yeah fair call that kinda cornering yourself there’s no way there’d be many if any other clubs after him so I agree with that, maybe a year and a half deal I’d like better

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surprised he isnt playing more minutes. He got a few match winners for them last season.

Surprisingly fast player.

A

Alexander the Great

Surprised he isnt playing more minutes. He got a few match winners for them last season.

Surprisingly fast player.
Fast and agile on his feet. I don't mind it as long as he was on the cheap and he replaces Holland.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember him being one of the most highly-touted juniors coming through...

Haven’t seen a huge amount of him but we need some speed and agility on the edges.

Have I mentioned how much we miss CHN!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where would you guys see him playing though? Centre or 2nd row? I'd say he's a better second rower but he can play both.

What I do like about him is his acceleration and adlib style of play. It's more the potential contract length and doubts about what they're offering that worries me.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ve seen him win games on his own. Good depth signing!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
8. Tolman
10. Thompson
11. MCK
12. Jackson
13. Elliott

15. To'omaga
16. Napa

RFM might not have a position until next year. Maybe 17 and play a bit of lock. I think Chris Smith is preferred tho.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Warchest haha... In the mould of Mariner, tries hard but will never be a massive influence on the result unless 2 shit teams are playing each other. Also his prefered edge coming through grade is the right edge and thats where Jackson plays...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Warchest haha... In the mould of Mariner, tries hard but will never be a massive influence on the result unless 2 shit teams are playing each other. Also his prefered edge coming through grade is the right edge and thats where Jackson plays...
So we'd swap Jackson (to the left)? Anyways, I feel like this signing is just signing more players similar to what we already have.