Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Megadeath need to get over Metallica. If theres ever a case of jealousy then its them. Its sad that they keep going on about it lol.

IM also liking the Call of Ktulu and Fight Fire with Fire
Not Megadeath, just Mustane, I think he is just that kind of guy, who cares we got 2 top shelf bands out of the fued.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dave needed to get over his demons, he got booted for going too hard, even though they all abused their vices pretty good, he went over the top

he has lived over 20 years being told he is always number 2 after being kicked from number 1 (metallica) and has never been able to get closure by making up for his mistakes when with metallica, one way would be to either rejoin metallica or beat them at their own game

it's something he holds dear, he loves them guys, he loves cliff, he loves metallica as a group, a gang, all that it is, it is a difficult thing for him to completely let go, but you're right, he needs to not let the jealousy get the better of him, but I think it may stay with him for some time yet, he lost what he loved so much

but he hasn't been out there publicly ripping into them like he did so much years ago, which is a good thing for him

i might pull together a post praising Dave in this thread sometime, he wrote alot of stuff on Kill Em All and wrote plenty on Lightning too

LOVE Ktulu

funnily enough, i'm up to Orion now, cranked

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ride the lightning now, i'm on a roll, it's an 80's metallica fest for a few hours

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeah I got that DVD aswell, its an unreal concert, I like the bonus stuff the Let Toute Le Mont live version on it is powerfull stuff, I like how he dedicated it to september 11, But never figured our how, is he dedicating it to the terrorists or what???
from wiki, apparently this.......

Music and Lyrics:

In an interview conducted around 1994, Dave Mustaine states:

It's not a suicide song. What it is, it's, you, it's when people have a loved one that dies and they end on a bad note, you know, they wish that they could say something to them. So this is an opportunity for the deceased to say something before they go. And it was my impression of what I would like to say to people, if I had say, 3 seconds to do so in life before I died I'd say to the entire world, to all my friends, I love you all, and now I must go. These are the last words I'll ever speak, and they'll set me free. I don't need to say I'm sorry, I don't have to say I'm going to miss you, or I'll wait for ya. You know, I'll just say I loved you all, good, bad and different, I loved you all.

Title:

"À tout le monde" is French for "To all the world" or "To everyone". The chorus of the song, "à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime, je dois partir" translated to English is respectively: "To everyone, to all my friends, I love you, I must leave

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
when they played in 07 they had the singer from lacuna coil singing a tout le monde, lucky for me i was at the front and had a nice view, especially when she leaned over ;)

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol, christina scabbia is a hotty

yeah, the gigantour, i guess she did that across the tour, they did it here in perth, it was a cool re-release for dave, christina suited it i think, she's a good singer

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ride the lightning now, i'm on a roll, it's an 80's metallica fest for a few hours
LOL I been on you tube watching Tallica live performances, Is it just me or did tallica (james) sound terrible early 2000's, seem to be getting back to his former self a little in the newer stuff, He looks cr@p with his current mohawk, I think he looked cool last year with an old man style, LOL really suited him and his age.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i've hate his vocals in their newer albums, has no grunt in it imo

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i've hate his vocals in their newer albums, has no grunt in it imo
Yeah, I talking about live performances.

From about 2000 onwards he really sounded cr@ppy, but from what I seen of him in "bootleg" recordings from this year and last he sounding much better than he did 5 years ago

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i'm up to metal militia now, started at puppets and worked my way back, will throw on justice and garage days re-revisited after metal militia is done

i've never been a fan of james vocal sound and style since the early to mid 90's, I understand he needed to change it because he was losing his vocal chords with the way he sang for 10-15 years was not the correct way, but it's not my thing, something about it doesn't work for me, but it works for him and it's still working for his family and their bank account, lol

pics coming

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really, I kinda like James, I like his style on stage, He is an agressive type, Kinda like a real mans man, I enjoy watching him, and I like his agressive voice, But in saying that, his singing ability is very limited I must admit,
Its just something about his style and sound that draws people I guess.

Cant put my finger on it, Kinda like Slash as a guitarist, Dont get me wrong Slash has talent but so do 1000's of guitarists, But there is something about Slash that is appealing to watch, he just has an awsome style about him that entices and inspires people. I got to admit, as a youngster listening to Appatite and watching live at the ritz on MTV late one night the Slash effect cought me and inspired me to play guitar,

I know their is amny ho have had that with James aswell.

Some people just seem to have an X faxctor that overwhelms talent,

Does that make sence, or have I had 1 too many Scotches tonight

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol, he does have a presence and a way of bringing charisma across in his performance really well, but his vocals have changed significantly since the early to mid 90's for said reasons and i'm not a big fan of his sound now, but it's his thing, he needs it for longevity of his actual voice box, he had issues with it, i guess after screaming without correct approach will take it's toll after 10-15 years, others have correct approach and probably good genetics too, he has better vocal approach now too

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol at the school photo
ya, ya and ya on the old school career photos
lol at the beach photo, hell no, that beard just sux
agreed on the last one, that thing sprouting at the top of his head is a no go
your avatar was a better look too skip

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1st pic with Mustaine and McGoveney
2nd pic with the lineup I would have loved to have seen endure to today

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL at the pic in the water, what a fat knut

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
One playing on Rage now.

I hate it when they play the short version. It throws me out!

That is all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.