Official Member Training Session Pics

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looked good. Fit. Didn’t recognise him at first as he’s lost the mane and replaced it with some purple and blue thing on his melon. Hope he aims up and has a big year next season.
Nice. Renouf has plenty of ability, just needs to build his fitness and confidence so he can increase his output and hopefully play some consistent minutes.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My observations yesterday were as follows:
- you can see why Lewis gets picked. He looks a star at training. Runs to the line, crisp passes, and makes all the right decisions. He actually looked better then Flanagan in opposing training sides and his team dominated largely due to him. What I did find interesting, and not for the first time that I have witnessed, is that he doesn't fit in with the team. He trains out on the wing in sprints, lurks behind when they break for drinks, and is never in a group having a chat when they break. There is definitely a disconnect there. Not sure the reason why and would only be speculating.
- all new boys looked much fitter than existing players with the exception of JMK and Chris Smith.
- Hoppa, DWZ, Napa, and Elliot are vital to the squad. They are the true leaders out there and the younger boys follow them around like school kids. IMO moving these guys along at this stage with no other experience would be damaging to the team. How you fit them into the side and have them all playing their best footy is up to the coach
- on the coaching, what i saw was pure class. Each coach was working in unison and the boys were fully engaged. I couldn't be more impressed and shudder to think what coaching looked like in the past. Heard Lewis say to one of the fans that it is far superior to before and he hopes it pays off. He wasn't pussy footing around.
- everyone in the place from the players and coaches to the ground staff and management all look happy and optimistic. For the first time in a long time I felt that family again. I genuinely felt welcome and appreciated. I could see in my young fellas eyes he felt it for the first time. Call it hope, call it blind faith, call is stupidity, or whatever else you want, but it definitely was there in the air around the ground. Felt like home. Bulldogs culture is back.
Cheers for the post. I enjoyed that.

The one about Hoppa, DWZ, Napa and Elliot being leaders is surprising. I thought Thommo would have been on that list too

DWZ and Napa are surprising but not Hoppa and Elliot. While I agree with your premise that we need experience (otherwise we'll end up like the Broncos), we can't justify keeping duds at the club just because they have experience and leadership. I agree that we need to replace them with experienced, but good, players. I don't think Hoppa, DWZ and Napa are good enough to win us a premership so I believe they will all be moved on.

I don't mind Hoppa, as he is a good player, but his lack of speed just kills him. DWZ is a one trick pony and needs confidence to play well otherwise he's a park footballer and Napa is just a flop.

If we sign JAC then he will take on a leadership role which will make it easier to let these guys go

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who went yesterday who was the player playing fullback on the end opposite the railway line with the beard? I couldn't work it out. Also how good were the hands on the young winger. Think it was Tyrone Harding. He looks like he can make grade.
Did you happen to notice Harding defending? In the photos I saw of him last month he looked VERY skinny. I don't know someone that light can even make it in the NRL

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you happen to notice Harding defending? In the photos I saw of him last month he looked VERY skinny. I don't know someone that light can even make it in the NRL
Yes when in a real game will be interesting to see how he goes defensively. Had a small farm build bit like peachy tall and slight but seems quick and confident also communicates so only way to tell a solid footballer to a trainer is game time

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cheers for the post. I enjoyed that.

The one about Hoppa, DWZ, Napa and Elliot being leaders is surprising. I thought Thommo would have been on that list too

DWZ and Napa are surprising but not Hoppa and Elliot. While I agree with your premise that we need experience (otherwise we'll end up like the Broncos), we can't justify keeping duds at the club just because they have experience and leadership. I agree that we need to replace them with experienced, but good, players. I don't think Hoppa, DWZ and Napa are good enough to win us a premership so I believe they will all be moved on.

I don't mind Hoppa, as he is a good player, but his lack of speed just kills him. DWZ is a one trick pony and needs confidence to play well otherwise he's a park footballer and Napa is just a flop.

If we sign JAC then he will take on a leadership role which will make it easier to let these guys go
Cotric, Hopoate, DWZ, Thompson, Jackson, RFM (doesn't have to be, but I sense he is to some of the younger NZ/Pacific Islands boys), Elliott and Napa should all be leaders either through either their actions or words or both. There are enough leaders there to not worry about it being an issue shedding Napa at the end of next season. I still think outside pace (which you could say is a big issue) Hopoate is still a top centre. If we're to sign some of the top transfer targets we should be after, most of them are leaders in their own right anyways.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The one position I feel the team needs to look at is fullback. The team seem to be lacking one with genuine explosiveness. Hoppa seems ok. Katoa has potential and will possibly thrive under potter although not a great dummy half. We have two. I’m sure Barrett has a plans

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The one position I feel the team needs to look at is fullback. The team seem to be lacking one with genuine explosiveness. Hoppa seems ok. Katoa has potential and will possibly thrive under potter although not a great dummy half. We have two. I’m sure Barrett has a plans
When Burton comes he'll be five-eighth which probably means Averillo will be fullback or at least developed there.

Reactions: ATT

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He didn't really have to defend as the ball didn't get out there. He was excellent under the high ball albeit with no pressure. Yes very very skinny but still a young kid so will fill out. Would love to see how quick he is. Maybe he will be ready in a couple years.