Melbourne in Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith & Slater are some of the dirtiest grubs to play the game. The constant knee and ankle twists are obvious to the spectators of RL but not to the eye of the lovers. Maloney and Guerra constantly flop in and give the opponents shoulders and knees a workover.

The NRL media has pointed out the wrestling as a major issue in the game, though if they knew what wrestling is (greco-roman wrestling and not that garbage WWE) they would not classify it as wrestling. It is jiu-jitsu and the Storm, Rabbitohs and Chooks are the masters of it.

So yes, the likes of Smith & Slater get away with murder and Bellamy is the criminal who introduced this to our game and passed that onto his prodigy Michael Maguire.

PCL, syndesmosis and pec injuries which have been the major injury issues this year is thanks to the jiu-jitsu coaches

Reynolds is a pest but not a grub(tactical assissinator)
Did you assess this with your Blue eye or your white one.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you assess this with your Blue eye or your white one.
You take your pick on the colour, though be rest assured my analysis has not been undertaken through your sequences, which consists of looking through a brown eye and regurgitating the results up and out through the mouth

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You take your pick on the colour, though be rest assured my analysis has not been undertaken through your sequences, which consists of looking through a brown eye and regurgitating the results up and out through the mouth
Thats cute… We are just as good at the wrestle as these teams. Hence why just like them we excel in the close scrappy games...

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
To be honest, there is plenty for Des to be worried about with this lot.

Anyway, how many Kennelers are making the trip to Mexico this weekend?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats cute… We are just as good at the wrestle as these teams. Hence why just like them we excel in the close scrappy games...
There is a difference between wrestling to slow the ruck down and using jiu-jitsu techniques to place a bloke in the arm bar position and straight leglock to hyperextend the knee or grapple the opponent to deprive him of oxygen so he gasses out as quick as possible.

Every team wrestles in the games and every player knows the jiu-jitsu techniques, though the Storm, Chooks and Roosters are the teams who implement the jiu-jitsu in their game, week in, week out

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a difference between wrestling to slow the ruck down and using jiu-jitsu techniques to place a bloke in the arm bar position and straight leglock to hyperextend the knee or grapple the opponent to deprive him of oxygen so he gasses out as quick as possible.

Every team wrestles in the games and every player knows the jiu-jitsu techniques, though the Storm, Chooks and Roosters are the teams who implement the jiu-jitsu in their game, week in, week out
You are an idiot… Every team does that crap.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cooper Cronk says his Melbourne skipper Cameron Smith appears only a 50-50 chance of playing in Sunday's NRL elimination final against Canterbury.
"The good thing for us is that he finished the game against Brisbane but the bad news is at our recovery session on Saturday he was on crutches.

Whole story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-08/cameron-smith-50-50-for-elimination-final-cooper-cronk/5727148
Jesus I hope they don't beat us without smith. Talk about pouring salt in the wounds.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Jesus I hope they don't beat us without smith. Talk about pouring salt in the wounds.
I have no doubt he will play but he may only be at 70-80%. Imagine if he plays and then hurts it and goes off early in the match, their record when he doesnt play is BAD

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

doggi3s

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just like in an article they said something about The bulldogs sweating on "game breaker" T. rex. Not much of a game breaker but that was mind games till he got cleared and is good to play lol

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are out of form, its not so easy to recapture it

There were no excuses losing yesterday after 18 points up
We have been out of form for 3 months. I think what you see now is just our "for m"

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds might be labeled as a grub or a feral though thank **** he is not a criminal who goes out to intentionally injure opponents like S and G Burgess, Napa, Teo, Smith, Slater, Maloney, Guerra
If you think so. I personally think that trip on barba was one of the dirtiest things. I have seen on a footy field. He could have ended his career. Yes yes I know it's barba etc etc but if that happened to a dogs player there would be calls for life bans on this forum.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think so. I personally think that trip on barba was one of the dirtiest things. I have seen on a footy field. He could have ended his career. Yes yes I know it's barba etc etc but if that happened to a dogs player there would be calls for life bans on this forum.
I like it. they can look at our side critically and objectively

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CBB - it's a stated fact that every team engages a wrestling coach. Even the coaches who hate it and say its a blight on the game admit they have no choice but to engage it just to keep up because as we all know if you lose the ruck you lose the game.
Evidence that you are wrong btw: EVERY SINGLE ONE A REFERENCE TO JJ.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ct-dark-art-of-wrestling-20140830-10afbt.html
http://www.graciecastlehill.com.au/nrl-tackle-clinics-rugby-league.html
http://www.blitzmag.net/people/japa...ezende-my-goal-is-to-promote-gracie-barra-bjj
http://www.goodfruitandvegetables.c...ncedes-wrestling-tactics-to-stay/2711277.aspx
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...8-_an_KTWYO4HYpIvSBo07Q&bvm=bv.74649129,d.dGc

I got bored after 5 links so I stopped.
CBB - can you stop talking about masturbation all the time mate? Your hand is on it constantly.
I never thought I would see this in all my days. Me and NthnBeachesDog agreeing about something. Hahahaha

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds deserved what he copped, though his intent was to stop Barba from getting around him and not break his leg.

The worst I have seen this year was George Burgess arm bar on Matai. He did not try to stop the player or slow him down, he tried to pop his elbow and/or shoulder, and Matai did not return at all after he did fark his shoulder, he farked his shoulder while Matai was on the ground tackled

There is a difference between being a pest to get under the skin of an opponent to throw him off his game compared to trying to break an opponents bones while they have been tackled/submitted.

What do you think Taylor was trying to achieve with that head slam yesterday? He cops 1 week for that?

George Burgess cops 2 weeks for popping Matais shoulder and Te'o copped 4 weeks for the one on Thaiday even though Burgess's arm bar was 10 times worse?

A. Reynolds cops 1 week for the worst sphere tackle of the year while McClean copped 10+ games because a bloke ended up in a wheelchair, even though that was a pure accident. What would of A.Reynolds copped if Mbye ended up in a wheelchair? Finucane copped 1 week in the same game and how can you compare his tackle to A.Reynolds?

I understand J.Reynolds has brain farts and changes the momentum with his stupid antics but these blokes who go out to break bones are in a league of their own compared to J.Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.