Melbourne in Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well One can only hope that Des has all the so called "Plays" left for the semis , because where I stand after watching us win 2 out of the last 8 games it's going to be a tough road on Sunday........

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1: Smith vs Ennis vs Referees
Smith wins this one 11 times out of 10. The guy is the master of manipulating the referees apart from Klein. Ennis is terrible at it. He just pisses them off.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well One can only hope that Des has all the so called "Plays" left for the semis , because where I stand after watching us win 2 out of the last 8 games it's going to be a tough road on Sunday........
Pfft plays!
We can't pass the ball effectively, let alone put in a grubber or bomb which exerts pressure on the opposition.
Our halves are below average at best, and our captain is despised by refs so we're always pushing shit uphill.

If we somehow manage a win it will be on the back of a monster performance of our forwards, which will have left them shattered physically not to mention mentally and thus cannon fodder the following week.

Depressing shit heading into the finals like this 2 years running....ah for the days when teams feared us in Sept!

Despite this, go the Dogs!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pfft plays!
We can't pass the ball effectively, let alone put in a grubber or bomb which exerts pressure on the opposition.
Our halves are below average at best, and our captain is despised by refs so we're always pushing shit uphill.

If we somehow manage a win it will be on the back of a monster performance of our forwards, which will have left them shattered physically not to mention mentally and thus cannon fodder the following week.

Depressing shit heading into the finals like this 2 years running....ah for the days when teams feared us in Sept!

Despite this, go the Dogs!
If we beat the storm somehow i reckon we will do a job on manly.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are out of form, its not so easy to recapture it

There were no excuses losing yesterday after 18 points up

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Cameron Smith not at the NRL finals launch today, Cronk in his place. The mind games have begun

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm lost both of their finals games last year and the knights beat them at aami park.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
we have the game to beat Melbourne, not too worried. Would rather play them than Penrith tbh

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm lost both of their finals games last year and the knights beat them at aami park.
The Knights were in alot better form this time last year compared to the Dogs

come to think of it the Knights have been in much better form over the last month than the dogs

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So, looking forward, past all the doom and gloom, our next opponent is Melbourne, and if we manage to miraculously turn our form around and win, we then play the loser of Manly vs Souths.

Each of these three teams are sides that we tend to "turn up" against, so I have the smallest ounce of hope remaining.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For anything to change Des has to first admit that he needs help with coaching..

He's gone way to soft on the boys and he's making too many excuses for our short comings.

Yes maybe the refs are to blame sometimes but if we had more attack their bad calls shouldn't make a difference to us winning..

Anyway DES needs to tell the boys thanks for coming , great effort for making the finals and this will be our final game so let's forget what we've learnt and go out there have some fun and try to make it a spectacular send off for Ennis.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For anything to change Des has to first admit that he needs help with coaching..

He's gone way to soft on the boys and he's making too many excuses for our short comings.

Yes maybe the refs are to blame sometimes but if we had more attack their bad calls shouldn't make a difference to us winning..

Anyway DES needs to tell the boys thanks for coming , great effort for making the finals and this will be our final game so let's forget what we've learnt and go out there have some fun and try to make to make it a spectacular send off for Ennis.
Time for ralene to kick some doors down, with baseball bat in hand and ask some questions.

realist1

New Pup
Reaction score
I have been reading threads from you guys for almost two years now and finally i have decided to join in on the convos. I am truley amazed you guys call yourselves true supporters? lets have a look at whats happned through out the year.. leading up to origin we lost games to the broncos, penrith by close margins 1-4 points.. we were dismantiling teams without no fullback.. take nothing away from perret, he is a top winger just not a fullback. we were top 4, the origin hit. hodko, reynolds and morris suffered the consequences of winning an origin be that either injury or form or suspension, now think closely when was the last time we had our whole team together playing footy on one field? without no injuries? yesterday was the first time in a long long time. reynolds looked elusive, hodko looked sharp and our defence was imense (first half). Now second half kicked in, knowing we have a big game next week hasler decides to take of jackson graham trex and tolman together, pritchard is on after 20 odd rounds, ohanlan (10th choice second row) are on, our temp dies down, titans score two tries of our errors not their build ups... If i was hasler i wouldnt want my team playing at 100% with bellamy watching. They knew they had made the finals they knew that they have a big game next week, they new their going to be playing away from home regardless win or lose, do use actually think for one second that tolman would have cut out thompson on our 10m line on the restart if we were playing the rabbitos? they knew this was just a warm up for next week. we have beaten manly we have beaten melbourne (twice this year) we have beaten souths and we have beaten roosters with our full team on paper, this sunday it will be no different, hasler will be licking his lips with the prospects of having pritchard, funicane, matua and klemmer on his bench, believe this sunday, because our team is finally back together for the first time in a long long time.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
On current form I can't see how the dogs are going to win this game. Of course I'll still be watching the game but I won't be expecting anything tbh.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On current form I can't see how the dogs are going to win this game. Of course I'll still be watching the game but I won't be expecting anything tbh.
which is usually when we win!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I live in Moonee Ponds, which is a suburb of Melbourne. It's the next suburb in from Essendon. It goes without saying that this is AFL country. Dogs fans are few and far between in these parts.

However, the day after we last beat the storm in Melbourne, I went for a walk around the 'Ponds sporting my Bulldogs beanie, when some legend wearing a bulldogs scarf spotted me and yelled out "nice beanie". We exchanged a few words about the win, and went about our way.

Today I was walking across the street wearing my Bulldogs shorts when the same bloke again spotted me.

We had a brief chat about the upcoming game, form etc., but.......IS THIS A SIGN!?!? I'll take any encouragement I can this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have been reading threads from you guys for almost two years now and finally i have decided to join in on the convos. I am truley amazed you guys call yourselves true supporters? lets have a look at whats happned through out the year.. leading up to origin we lost games to the broncos, penrith by close margins 1-4 points.. we were dismantiling teams without no fullback.. take nothing away from perret, he is a top winger just not a fullback. we were top 4, the origin hit. hodko, reynolds and morris suffered the consequences of winning an origin be that either injury or form or suspension, now think closely when was the last time we had our whole team together playing footy on one field? without no injuries? yesterday was the first time in a long long time. reynolds looked elusive, hodko looked sharp and our defence was imense (first half). Now second half kicked in, knowing we have a big game next week hasler decides to take of jackson graham trex and tolman together, pritchard is on after 20 odd rounds, ohanlan (10th choice second row) are on, our temp dies down, titans score two tries of our errors not their build ups... If i was hasler i wouldnt want my team playing at 100% with bellamy watching. They knew they had made the finals they knew that they have a big game next week, they new their going to be playing away from home regardless win or lose, do use actually think for one second that tolman would have cut out thompson on our 10m line on the restart if we were playing the rabbitos? they knew this was just a warm up for next week. we have beaten manly we have beaten melbourne (twice this year) we have beaten souths and we have beaten roosters with our full team on paper, this sunday it will be no different, hasler will be licking his lips with the prospects of having pritchard, funicane, matua and klemmer on his bench, believe this sunday, because our team is finally back together for the first time in a long long time.
Reynolds looked elusive? Hodko looked sharp? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.