Meatloaf has passed away age 74

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mrs said this about 5 minutes ago and I googled it and saw nothing. Looking now, it's flooded with it.

Loved Meatloaf when I was young. Sure his AFL performance was the worse in history, but he's still a legend.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He had some absolute crackers. Shame that he will forever be remembered for the AFL performance cause he was so so much better than that.

R.I.P

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For those of us that grew up on the Bat Out of Hell album that remains a desert island disc. So many classics on one album. RIP Michael Lee Aday.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No way..had great songs..and was in a couple of movies..very good in Fight Club, Wayne’s World cameo and of course The Rocky Horror Picture Show.. Simply legend..RIP

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bat out of hell was a good album,

Had some great tunes to sing along too, still remember him in the rocky horror picture show, riding out of the freezer, singing - Hot Patootie !!

Sad sad news.

R.I.P

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat out of hell was a good album,

Had some great tunes to sing along too, still remember him in the rocky horror picture show, riding out of the freezer, singing - Hot Patootie !!

Sad sad news.

R.I.P
Bat out of hell, Great album I put it in the car CD player the other day.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why was his name meatloaf I mean I guess it’s a good name like a modern day rap name I don’t hate it but does anyone know why he was called that?

Also I never figured out what he wouldn’t do for love.
It's basically the Joker thing. "want to know where I got these scars?"

One of the main stories he told was that when he was born, his dad said that he looked like a pile of meat, so they labelled him "meatloaf"

But he told 100 different people 100 different stories so no one really knows where the name came from.