Meaney

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nick Injected himself into the game early in the second half and really contributed to the victory.

Has been fantastic at the back under the high ball and great in defence.

I just wish he would get more involved because he has a great impact on our attack..

And yes i know hes young and still developing 'yada yada yada'.. im just inpatient LOL.. but a real exciting prospect for the team and developing nicely.. great acquisition ..

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone on here is impatient with this rebuild. From the coach to the playing group. Promising signs though from Meaney he does need to inject himself into attack more but he probably needs to be fitter to be a top fullback.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s building every week and getting more confidence and comfortable in first grade. A huge game isn’t far off where he absolutely carves a team up! Don’t forget he played tonight with a pretty badly cut finger and his catching was superb. His defence is actually very solid and he has a great knack of getting his body in the right position to hold up players in-goal. He is only going to get better as well.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Developing nicely think he’s our long term fb

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The fullback we've been waiting for... looking good...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know he got into space against the Tigers but I really want to see him get into the open to see how much speed he really has. He looks like he could be super quick.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been very impressed. He hasn't made a mistake, his positioning is very good and he is so zippy that he scares defenses.

He needs to push up in support more and Pay needs to use him more in attack, which we saw more signs of last night...

I've been saying all season that his speed will worry defenses in the twenty and a simple inside ball for CHN opened up so much space because teams are worried about Meaney burning them on the outside..

We need to see him get the ball in these situations way more and he and the whole team will be even more dangerous. We need do use him like the Roosters do with Tedesco. That's how involved he should be.

I sense a breakout game for him soon, he deserves it as he's been one of our best each week.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep saying this, he is the only one that has shocked me. I expected him to be crap but the kid keep proving me wrong. For a young fella he sure has a pair of safe hands.... he sort of reminds me of a young Luke patten style of fb with a bit more speed

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran should combine well with him when he returns. They only played one game together for the one win.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Always the kid for the job. was pissed when Hoppa was stupidly picked over him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've been very impressed. He hasn't made a mistake, his positioning is very good and he is so zippy that he scares defenses.

He needs to push up in support more and Pay needs to use him more in attack, which we saw more signs of last night...

I've been saying all season that his speed will worry defenses in the twenty and a simple inside ball for CHN opened up so much space because teams are worried about Meaney burning them on the outside..

We need to see him get the ball in these situations way more and he and the whole team will be even more dangerous. We need do use him like the Roosters do with Tedesco. That's how involved he should be.

I sense a breakout game for him soon, he deserves it as he's been one of our best each week.
yep the play last night where he hit the ground but instantly got up to get a pass away which nearly led to us scoring shows what this kids awareness and speed is like.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy to say i was wrong about him - during the second half yesterday he was heavily involved in attack- whilst not making breaks he put questions to the defense which created space for others.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he got into space against the Tigers but I really want to see him get into the open to see how much speed he really has. He looks like he could be super quick.
Yep. I am impatiently waiting to see Meaney and reimis in some open space. They both have some decent speed

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s getting better every week though just think he can improve with anticipation of kicks ie take them on full

And I hate how he caught at the ruck close to the line and opposition rolls the ball in goal with no fullback

That’s how AJ scored for bunnies last week and last night Cows got resets

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been very impressed.
He hasn't put a foot wrong since debuting with the club, and is safe as a house under the high ball. His attack will improve over time, as he looks for more opportunities to inject himself but at the moment I can't ask anymore of him.

The mini general

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Promising signs so far hopfully he could be our long term fullback option like Luke Patten was. Would just like him to put on a bit of muscle so he can break some tackles.