McGregor - Chandler

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Again, just because it's the off season.
And in light of the development of McGregor v Chandler upcoming fight mid 2024 I thought I'd get some discussion happening.
McGregor always seems to get some good discussions based on the fact many love him and many hate on him.

I just want to state, I am a fan boy of McGregor.
It's been a really tough period though, when you really think about it, his last real win was against Eddie Alvarez way back in 2016.
I know he beat the cowboy but to me that fight was just a gift to McGregor.

So who wins this fight and why?
And what's everyone thought on the fight being at 185?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, at 185. Conor gassed out with Nate Diaz at 155 and at 170 he isn’t going to last. He’s very well known to have a shit gas tank.
The bigger you are the more oxygen is need to circulate through your blood.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Chandler upset. Conor is finished.
I am also a big Conor fanboy. Have been since day one.
Conor knows how to sell a PPV and convince people he’s going to win.
Any chance we can move this to the UFC thread?

ftr - who knows what Conor turns up. Supposedly been knocking guys out in training but we've all heard that before. Mystery Conor vs U know What U get in Chandler.

@NPC83 - you got any thoughts?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A better fight to watch would be Haney Vs Davis.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Chandler upset. Conor is finished.
I am also a big Conor fanboy. Have been since day one.
Conor knows how to sell a PPV and convince people he’s going to win.
I think if Connor is finished also.
I think this fight has been in the making behind the scenes for a long time.
I think this is the money maker fight for the UFC and for Chandler.

I'm going with a Connor win.
With no confidence.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ftr - who knows what Conor turns up. Supposedly been knocking guys out in training but we've all heard that before. Mystery Conor vs U know What U get in Chandler.

The 185 weight makes it very interesting and Connor asked for that with Chandler ages ago.
So I think this fight has been well planned for a long time.

And, I think that's been pushed from the Connor camp.

Do you think they want 185 so Connor can build up more mass for even more power thinking he will knock out Chandler?

A good point was raised about Connor gases out, and 185 won't help him in that regard.

If Connor wins, obviously his strategy will be early knock out.
Chandler will need to avoid striking and wear Connor out in the early rounds I think

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chandler is a dawg! He can bawl, Conor can’t.
That fight with Porier vs Chandler, even though Chandler lost, Conor would lose in that fight.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know McGregor is getting old but he’s fighting the dead bloke from friends?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Any chance we can move this to the UFC thread?

Bit the same as yourself bro. Depends how motivated Conor is and what sort of training camp he has.

my personal thoughts if both turn up with the best or close to best versions of themselves Conor will likely have success on the feet. He’s a lot better striker than Chandler. Chandler also doesn’t use his offensive wrestling much at all and that would seemingly be his advantage. But at that level anything can happen.

Also 185 is a piss take in my opinion. Maybe Conor thinks he can be first guy to have 4 knockouts in 4 diff weight classes. Also says he’s not at all interested in 155 title anymore if true.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Bit the same as yourself bro. Depends how motivated Conor is and what sort of training camp he has.

my personal thoughts if both turn up with the best or close to best versions of themselves Conor will likely have success on the feet. He’s a lot better striker than Chandler. Chandler also doesn’t use his offensive wrestling much at all and that would seemingly be his advantage. But at that level anything can happen.

Also 185 is a piss take in my opinion. Maybe Conor thinks he can be first guy to have 4 knockouts in 4 diff weight classes. Also says he’s not at all interested in 155 title anymore if true.
Should also point out that as far as I know - this was announced by Conor not the UFC. So who knows - more smoke and mirrors.

Good Conor would pick off Chandler on the feet. Chandler does have a fair chin but he'd have to bring it to the ground. And at 185 you'd think Conor would have more heat in the hands. Hard pick as they're both so different and each strengths marry up with the others weaknesses.

TBH though - this is nearly a year after UF. The hype of these 2 fighting now is meh. Reckon this is just Conor making noise to stay relevant.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Should also point out that as far as I know - this was announced by Conor not the UFC. So who knows - more smoke and mirrors.

Good Conor would pick off Chandler on the feet. Chandler does have a fair chin but he'd have to bring it to the ground. And at 185 you'd think Conor would have more heat in the hands. Hard pick as they're both so different and each strengths marry up with the others weaknesses.

TBH though - this is nearly a year after UF. The hype of these 2 fighting now is meh. Reckon this is just Conor making noise to stay relevant.
Have to wait and see.
Interesting for sure.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There is already a MMA thread in other sports.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Have to wait and see.
Interesting for sure.
tbh - I couldn't be less interested. Conors time came and went and he's just milking it now. Plenty more interesting talent to keep me occupied.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
tbh - I couldn't be less interested. Conors time came and went and he's just milking it now. Plenty more interesting talent to keep me occupied.
That's why it's interesting

Connors last real win was against Alvarez waaaay back in 2016.
Ignoring the set up fight with cowboy.

That's 7 long years of losing.
That fact along supports your claim that he is finished.

If he dominates this fight with chandelier at 185 weight humm who knows what's next for him.
That's why it's interesting.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That's why it's interesting

Connors last real win was against Alvarez waaaay back in 2016.
Ignoring the set up fight with cowboy.

That's 7 long years of losing.
That fact along supports your claim that he is finished.

If he dominates this fight with chandelier at 185 weight humm who knows what's next for him.
That's why it's interesting.
Lot of assumptions there bro. TBH, I don't mind a bit of niggle coming into a fight, but when your sitting out there being a KB warrior not keeping active, you've lost me completely.

I'm also not really into the good guy/bad guy thing. I respect what they put into the ring. Chandler has been active, Conor hasn't. Is what it is and tbf - I never really rated Conor. Great hands but he also got some great names early or very late in their careers. Dustin showed that and I reckon it they could find a mutual weight reckon Max would teach him a lesson as well.

So would I lay down $60 to watch ppv on this? Nah. I'd prefer to watch some prime time guys rather than a name fight.