Mbye Not Going Anywhere Yet (Big League Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fck player managers and fck this g

ame now. It's about the money money moneyThat's why I love Reynolds, The guy would only ever leave if he was forced out
me too Moe, but still thing this is typical managers BS

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moderator is correct. Extremely worrying article, reminds me a a little of sonny bill and mundines management.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"mybe has been a revelation this season" quoted the player manager ha ha. Fmd he has been good and has lots of potential but calm down. The problem is that this season is enough for desperate clubs like the titans to throw the kitchen sink at him. Then it just forces our hand to pay a fortune based on potential.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really could see this coming a mile off. Seems like the manager is trying to force the Dogs hand on this. We can offer him what we can offer him, and no doubt it will all be above board as well, no little under the table extras.. Other clubs seem to be able to conduct contract talks without too much problem, I don't know, we just seem to not be as good or take longer to get things done.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee you lot can turn on a player quick lol. If he wanted to go to the highest bidder he would have already left the club. Not many players would sign a contract with a full year remaining, aslong as the club put in a decent offer i think he will stay.
I don't think anyone is upset with him it's the manager.

I don't agree that he'll stay if we put in a decent offer. The offer is going to need to be very close to rival clubs. The manager makes that very clear.

I also don't think $550k will do it if Mbye improves as we think. Sandow is on that with Parra and that deal was done years ago. Trent who has played 1 good game this year got $600k.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sad to hear that an early extension is out of the question after the faith Des has shown in him

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Awesome. A player manager trying to manipulate the club through the media. Mbye should be careful because often a career can hinge on the advice you get and who you listen to.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need to see more from moses, the agent is bluffing, hasler should call him on it. Trying to secure a deal and asking for more money "Not taking less" show me winning games and leadership.

You pay for talent not for potential talent.
But desperate clubs pay overs and will jump in

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know all mangers try n get the most for their client, and in turn get most for themselves but this guy sounds like a ****tard!!!!'

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des wont pay overs for him and he isnt in a position to be asking for big money yet.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
His pay will keep improving with the dogs as he keeps improving. Hes a rookie so im sure we will pay him more as time goes on.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the Dogs usually offer unders, due to the lure of our state of the art facilities and Des.
The club hopes to attract players with ambition not mercenaries.
Don't know how true this is.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Fck player managers and fck this game now. It's about the money money money

That's why I love Reynolds, The guy would only ever leave if he was forced out
Very true. Its a bloody shame to see all this crap happen but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should sign Ashley Taylor, awesome talent stuck behind Ben Hunt, big wraps on him. He would put Reynolds and Mbye on notice and we can get him for a cheap price

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't blame the bloke for wanting to get paid. "Market value" is a farce anyway, all it takes is for one desperate club to ramp up an offer and suddenly it's "market value"

Anyways, I still maintain we should've gone after sezer. 400k and it sounded like he wanted to be here. Not saying mbye doesn't but it's hard to imagine he hasn't told his manager what he wants or what to do.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I'd rather pay big dollars to retain a player that was developed by the club then poach someone from outside.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought the manager was quite reasonable. The aim is to keep him at the Bulldogs if possible but if we are going to offer him a shit deal then he will go elsewhere. How exactly is that ruining the game or being the scum of the earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.