Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's 2 subs bro. Supercoach never uses the 4th bench player anyways.

If he isn't going to use Garvey for at least 30 mins then don't fucking pick him.
Still a waste of subs. What is the point in even having a fresh hooker? It wouldn't even make a difference. We don't need a bench hooker imo, our style of play doesn't need it. Our hooker hardly runs and our players don't even support them if they do. They are just there to defend and get to dh and nothing more. We need to rotate our prop forwards more often.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The loss really simply comes down to one thing raiders at full strength dogs down hoppa, Bmoz, jmoz, Klemmer, Jackson and kasiano for a half.

Tyrone Phillips and Kerrod Hollands side was like a turnstile they attacked it at will we will be better for it fualolo looked good obviously nowhere near match fitness.

Elliot, tim Browne are not FG standard surely Lloyd perrett is better than these two

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So players who come off for the 15min concussion test is not counted as a free Interchange?
I'm not certain but I thought a player that doesn't come back within 15 minutes can't come back for the rest of the game

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still a waste of subs. What is the point in even having a fresh hooker? It wouldn't even make a difference. We don't need a bench hooker imo, our style of play doesn't need it. Our hooker hardly runs and our players don't even support them if they do. They are just there to defend and get to dh and nothing more. We need to rotate our prop forwards more often.
Our hookers aren't 80 mins hookers, that's our problem.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, after reading the posts, I'm setting myself up for some abuse, but besides the 2 try-assists ( I missed the try cause I had to pop out of the house for 10mins), I really forgot he even played for us. I didn't notice him at all for big chunks of the game.
Now I know he's not flashy or always trying to create something out of nothing which is probably the reason he doesn't stand out, but he really does go MIA at stages. Whether we're losing or winning, Reynolds is always running towards the play or the ball trying to create something, Mbye doesn't do any of that from what I've noticed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our hookers aren't 80 mins hookers, that's our problem.
Not really. Our problem is fucking Des ball. Lichaa was going off during the first half as he didn't know who to pass to as Graham was pushing himself infront of our halves and getting in the way. A better or fitter Hooker isn't going to change much unless it is Smith.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye might reach his potential under Des but not with Reynolds, Graham and Lichaa in the team. He is our best player but those players are stifling his development.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not really. Our problem is fucking Des ball. Lichaa was going off during the first half as he didn't know who to pass to as Graham was pushing himself infront of our halves and getting in the way. A better or fitter Hooker isn't going to change much unless it is Smith.
You make a good point.

Are we the only team where our halves are directed by our forwards and stand behind them instead of standing in front of them and directing the forwards?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You make a good point.

Are we the only team where our halves are directed by our forwards and stand behind them instead of standing in front of them and directing the forwards?
Kinda. Other teams do use a similar style during the games where the props work as first receivers but no where near the amount that our side does.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was furious in the last 10 when Reynolds is in a first receiver and Garvey just cuts him out straight to graham. I can't be the only one that sees this stupid shit

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was furious in the last 10 when Reynolds is in a first receiver and Garvey just cuts him out straight to graham. I can't be the only one that sees this stupid shit
Reynolds wasn't happy either

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I was Reynolds and Mbye Id be telling Graham and Tolman to get the fuck outa there...Lichha passes to me thank you...you forwards stand deeper and be moving when and if I pass you the ball.

The other thing in todays game that irked me was generally how deep the Raiders stand in attack and how the first receiver will run straight...not run back into the ruck and the markers. There was 1 set deep in 2nd half maybe at 20-20...when we made 15mtr in our own half from a set...every 1st receiver ran straight back to the markers. WTF....I was tearing my hair out...we kicked 35 metres out from our line...Raiders fielded the ball and tacked on their 40, they stood deep, ran onto each pass and play the ball and scored at the end of the set. We were out on our feet. So much for supreme fitness. hahaha....we looked like an also ran today. Players out didnt help.....but we were still ordinary in the 2nd half.

Reactions: CCC

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Love Moses but I have to admit he does go missing in the second halves of games. Needed him in the last ten to stand up but it's left to Reynolds

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses had a top game ,did some ripper things we've been waiting for him to do ,let's face it ,it was some poor missed tackles that lost it from perret,Holland and Rfm

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It also made a shitload of difference that Eastwood was actually running onto the ball yesterday as it forced the defence to make a decision and gave Moses that extra time and space. Moses could either then run himself, play short to Eastwood or fire it out wide based on what the defence was doing infront of him. We need to let Moses get more early ball and Graham and co the fuck out of the way.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a good look our roster then tell us how M'Bye should be gone?
He is a class player who does produce points and will only get better and better.
Still, a 5/8 or fullback for mine, not a half, but still a spine player is worth the money we paid him.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It also made a shitload of difference that Eastwood was actually running onto the ball yesterday as it forced the defence to make a decision and gave Moses that extra time and space. Moses could either then run himself, play short to Eastwood or fire it out wide based on what the defence was doing infront of him. We need to let Moses get more early ball and Graham and co the fuck out of the way.
Man our forwards getting in the way and taking runs on the 3rd and 4th tackle is so confusing, thats the time in a set that we need offloads and plays going out wide with a spread not a forward running 5 meters for the tackle sigh.

Also he needs to kick more and get better at it...

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Barring Eastwood and Mbye the whole team played like shit. Unfortunately things will never change under Des and I guess we will have to expect the same shit from this team on a weekly basis. The structure of our play is 20 minutes switched on, switch off for 40 minutes and the last 20 minutes just don't expect anything at all tbh.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not certain but I thought a player that doesn't come back within 15 minutes can't come back for the rest of the game
The time frame of fifteen minutes is all they need to test the bloke and either rule him out or pass him fit to return but I believe if that time passes he may still return but it is not a free interchange.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-concussion-policy-strengthened/tabid/10874/newsid/85190/default.aspx

In broad terms, the new rules stipulate that players must not return to the field if they exhibit any of the following signs:

- Loss of consciousness

- Falling to the ground without taking protective action

- Seizure

- Memory impairment

- Balance disturbance (ataxia)

“Under the strengthened rules, if a player falls to the ground without taking protective action or loses consciousness they are not to return to the field,” Mr Greenberg said

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...o-gain-free-interchanges-20160417-go8c8z.html

Under NRL rules, teams have to use one of their eight interchanges to replace an injured player but if a player leaves the field for a Head Injury Assessment (HIA), they could receive two free interchanges - one when he goes off and a second if he is cleared to return within 15 minutes.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our structure needs an overhaul. In the last twenty minutes of a game, especially if we are behind, we are absolutely clueless particularly in our opponents twenty metre area ( prime example is the second Parramatta game where we had opportunities to score but our forwards got in the way taking senseless hit ups or running across field) The stats for our halves involvement in the game on Sunday is a direct result of that policy our coach has in place. Hence, why it appears that at times our halves go missing because others ( who shall remain nameless) take their places.

Moses

Time T G FG R ARM LB HU OL T MT E

80 1 0 0 3 26 1 0 0 14 5 0

Josh

Time T G FG R ARM LB HU OL T MT E
80 0 0 0 6 46 0 0 1 18 3 0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.