Mbye is not a play maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His a good player ,still maintain his best position is fullback. He can do everything he does now in this role without being burdened by steering the team and being relied upon to kick in general play.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we should have a bitch about players thread every round. May as well look for negatives after winning 4 in a row.....

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be nice to see Moses get involved more.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses will improve Reynolds is our problem

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses will improve Reynolds is our problem
Reynolds has been excellent this year. His kicking game is improving by the week and hemade a few busts tonight, supported the ball carrier and thru some nice passes. He made a few errors but didn't cost us. I feel he is playing great this year.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds was great today

his two miss tackles resulted in a try and the second one in an almost try.

he was badly off his game in the first half but did come up with good plays in the second half.

Foran to Dogs is playing on his mind and it can be seen easily.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moses is improving each week he's not perfect but he's doing his job

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his two miss tackles resulted in a try and the second one in an almost try.

he was badly off his game in the first half but did come up with good plays in the second half.

Foran to Dogs is playing on his mind and it can be seen easily.
I thought Reynolds invovlement in attack was the best I've seen from him this season. I was at the game so maybe my view is different to yours. I just noticed Reynolds being involved in a lot of good things in attack

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Reynolds invovlement in attack was the best I've seen from him this season. I was at the game so maybe my view is different to yours. I just noticed Reynolds being involved in a lot of good things in attack

yeah reynolds gets involved in attack unlike moses who goes MIA most times.

his kicks were good at the back end of the game, but he had some shockers in defence and also that knock on when he got the offload from kas was simply horrible stuff.

He did come back well.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses will never become the half he could be while Des restricts him to the left 3rd of the field

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses can't create but he has 13 try assists.. he also didn't create the space on the left edge tonight with some great passing to get our centre on the outside of his defender aye?
No doubting his amount of try assists, but try assists aren't the only criteria to be considered a play maker. If this is the sole criteria to judge a play maker then you must call Tedesco a play maker also. Not bagging Moses he is a super talent with great running/ passing skills but agree with others that he is not a typical 7 and really needs to develop a kicking game to be considered a top shelf half. I feel he could play his role as he does now at fullback and have others lead the team around the park and handle general play kicking.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah reynolds gets involved in attack unlike moses who goes MIA most times.

his kicks were good at the back end of the game, but he had some shockers in defence and also that knock on when he got the offload from kas was simply horrible stuff.

He did come back well.
Playmakers will make errors though. As they are the ones pushing the envelope and trying things. I don't mind that from Reynolds if he keeps being involved in attack. I like that he is doing more support play. Earlier this year our support play was non existent now we look like we can score from anywhere.

Malla

Reaction score
He's in the top 4 in try assists after today so yeah lol

You can't compare him to Cronk or JT or anyone else for that matter. His style of play suits us. His biggest area of opportunity is his kicking game but that has come a long way and will only get better. He is a half. I would be real disappointed if we went and brought Foran or some other half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No doubting his amount of try assists, but try assists aren't the only criteria to be considered a play maker. If this is the sole criteria to judge a play maker then you must call Tedesco a play maker also. Not bagging Moses he is a super talent with great running/ passing skills but agree with others that he is not a typical 7 and really needs to develop a kicking game to be considered a top shelf half. I feel he could play his role as he does now at fullback and have others lead the team around the park and handle general play kicking.
Don't agree entirely. Yes he is not a half back..but he is being forced to play there. Not that it makes a difference for us, we just play left side right.

Moses delivers the chances for us, simple as that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's a centre reminds me a lot of Ben Roberts without the ability to break the line
Lol what? He has the 2nd most line breaks of any half in the game.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why the constant criticism of our attack..... for gods sake we have scored 74 tries as of today , currently 1st and scored 409 points just behind cowboys . We just need to stop giving away silly penalties and dropping the ball at crucial times and we will win the fucking comp....

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's in the top 4 in try assists after today so yeah lol

You can't compare him to Cronk or JT or anyone else for that matter. His style of play suits us. His biggest area of opportunity is his kicking game but that has come a long way and will only get better. He is a half. I would be real disappointed if we went and brought Foran or some other half.
Agree regarding Foran- his kicking game is no better than what we have already. DCE and Norman have been his halves partners and they were primary kickers. Rather stick with what we have for now than go down the Foran route tbh

Malla

Reaction score
Agree regarding Foran- his kicking game is no better than what we have already. DCE and Norman have been his halves partners and they were primary kickers. Rather stick with what we have for now than go down the Foran route tbh
Exactly. Plus the boys love Mbye and the combo with Reynolds is actually working really well atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.