Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

RIP Habs
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
2 x NF Draft Champ
Reaction score
his two miss tackles resulted in a try and the second one in an almost try.

he was badly off his game in the first half but did come up with good plays in the second half.

Foran to Dogs is playing on his mind and it can be seen easily.
I doubt foran is playing on his mind. We all know we arent going to get Foran. I doubt eels or the nrl would allow it anyway. And i dont think we would be enough better than we are now to justify paying his pricetag.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you fucking kidding, he has that many personal issues that he can't even get on the field let alone play well.
Last thing we need
No, not kidding, i thought he played excellent, imaginr him with a clear head

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
both our halves are average...they don't go in and demand the ball, they only get it when one of the forwards gives it to them and when mbye gets it late in the count he often looks lost, confused and has no idea what to do with the ball

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
his two miss tackles resulted in a try and the second one in an almost try.

he was badly off his game in the first half but did come up with good plays in the second half.

Foran to Dogs is playing on his mind and it can be seen easily.
Reynolds didn't miss the tackle that led to the Ado-Carr try if that is one you are referring to.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses will improve Reynolds is our problem
Reynolds play against the Tigers reminded me of Terry Lamb; he was backing up our forwards and making breaks from their offloads. He is beginning to look dangerous around the ruck. A good sign.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye doesn't do shit, this guy has had plenty of time to step up but every game he goes mia, Mbye is not a halfback.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've always had an opinion that mbye is more of a 5/8 than a 7 I found he played better at 6 last year when Hodkinson was the halfback

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
My opinion about Mbye:
Very talented player - plenty of athletic and natural ability as well as being a smart player.
Could be a sensational hooker but will never get the chance at Canterbury.
Will be an adequate Half but never a great one.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a different opinion on Mbye I think he is coming long very nicely as a halfback.
He has a very nice passing game and he is very dangerous going to the line.
His pace is something no one can train and he seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time like Baa
Yes, he does need to work on his kicking game but he can put in good kicks when he does get the chance.
Don't forgot he is in his first full season playing halfback in a "unique" style of play.

bcmf

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive had a change of heart.If he's good enough for Queensland, he's good enough for me.

Dognacious

RIP Habs
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
2 x NF Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye doesn't do shit, this guy has had plenty of time to step up but every game he goes mia, Mbye is not a halfback.
Plenty of time? Takes more than 17 games to become a good half. He is years off being the best he will be. Patience is a swear word here lol.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We won tonight but MBYE is not a GRANDFINAL WINNING HALF BACK.
He does not create anything. He might finish off a play with a try. You put a CRONK or THURSTON in for him and we win 98/100 GAMES.
He is Not worth 800K a year. In my opinion Even HODKINSON in this team and we have a better chance.
We won tonight because of our forwards..if they are off we lose.
We need something to change to win this comp. We are the suprise team in the top 4. Mainly because parra get docked 12 points and Brisbane out of form.
Lucky win tonight. After the bye the is our run home and our opportunity to really see who we are as team. We need to smash the cowboys to make a statement and let the other teams know who we are.

M.Z
That's Preposterous! How can Cronk or Thurston win 98/100 games? They have 60% win percentages... tops at any given team

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Mbye is a 5/8. Des needs to just let him run and not concentrate on organizing the team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Plenty of time? Takes more than 17 games to become a good half. He is years off being the best he will be. Patience is a swear word here lol.
He has more tries, try assists, line break assists and line breaks combined than anyone else in the team. But apparently he does nothing aye?

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Mr passionate is the Shot caller.
he gets first ball and does all the kicking

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses improves each year ,he'll be a star in 2 years

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
MBye @ 1/2, Foran @ 5/8........... Reynolds of the bench for Lichaa (interchange) instead of Damien Cook, I believe it is much better to have 2 Hookers in the side these days. Look how well Peats and De Gois went this year so far, if Foran does not eventuate then I believe that Cooky should return.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
lol we don't need foran we'd have to splurge our cap big - his deal with parra, if it was worth over a million, means he isn't going to go back to 400k, let me tell you that...

we still have to upgrade jackson, rona, and maybe also eastwoood, as well as the necessary retention of any young guns (eg abbey)

if lloydgate is to be believed we're up near the cap as is

though foran's a good player he's very overrated imo, and he just doesn't add all that much to the team compared to what we have now - we aren't in need of stability or experience like parra are - we've shown of late we can close out tight games, and unlike the eels our young half is a development player rather than luke kelly who sucks

Dognacious

RIP Habs
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
2 x NF Draft Champ
Reaction score
MBye @ 1/2, Foran @ 5/8........... Reynolds of the bench for Lichaa (interchange) instead of Damien Cook, I believe it is much better to have 2 Hookers in the side these days. Look how well Peats and De Gois went this year so far, if Foran does not eventuate then I believe that Cooky should return.
We would have to lose a few good players to fit Foran in the cap, and i dont want to shed a few good players. How long was his contract at Eels? Didnt they sign him for 4 years? They and the NRL wont let him play for anyone else in the NRL until that would have expired unless released anyway.

If Eels just release him, why would we want a player who Eels didnt think was worth fighting or waiting for (for one reason or another)? Its not because he cant play good footy. Everyone knows he can play. And he should get over his personal stuff / relationship breakup in due course too. There would need to be some serious baggage coming with him, if they would just let him go.

Our halves arent going nearly as badly as some people here think. Our team and gameplan just isnt halves oriented. Some teams like Cowboys would be fked without their halves, but our superiority over a lot of teams is our talented (and huge) forwards and excellent backs. Even our hooker being rookie too (for a hooker) doesnt stop us winning. We have a rookie 7 and 9. 2 of the spine. Still we are top 4.

As ive said elsewhere i think we can afford to be patient with Mbye learning the ropes at half, because we are above average in a lot of other positions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.