M'BYE Firming as shock Four Nations selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still riding on the coat tails of that st George game where he scored a try while Hodko was injured and demanded 650k to stay on. What a joke , never seen such a selfish player in my life

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny watching that video. In 90% of his highlights he looks like a fullback. The last min or so he did some nice things as a playmaker.

But if you can transition him back into a fullback again you get his ball playing, speed and short kicking game as a 3rd playmaker. Then you can still have Reynolds on the right side (doing what ever he does....) and you can have a controlling half with a kicking game that takes the ball from the ruck and passes to forwards instead of getting the ball 3 passes off the ruck standing at centre.

That's the way the game has been played for 100+ years. But our super coach believes forwards should get the ball from the ruck..... plod for 2 meters. Then either take the tackle or switch it out wider where the defence has rushed up already........

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyways I'm ranting again. Always frustrated with our playing style.

Hopefully we can get a coach in 2018 that can develop mbye into a half or transition him into a fullback.

He will give us the speed, play making and broken field running that we haven't seen in our backline since 2012 (last time we made the top 4 coincidentally).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny watching that video. In 90% of his highlights he looks like a fullback. The last min or so he did some nice things as a playmaker.

But if you can transition him back into a fullback again you get his ball playing, speed and short kicking game as a 3rd playmaker. Then you can still have Reynolds on the right side (doing what ever he does....) and you can have a controlling half with a kicking game that takes the ball from the ruck and passes to forwards instead of getting the ball 3 passes off the ruck standing at centre.

That's the way the game has been played for 100+ years. But our super coach believes forwards should get the ball from the ruck..... plod for 2 meters. Then either take the tackle or switch it out wider where the defence has rushed up already........
Ive been saying the same thing all year. I think he would be great at fullback. Give him the freedom he needs to creat havoc with his speed and bullet like long passes.
And why else would we buy cleeland when we seem to have an abundance of halves coming through? im really hoping we put him in the halves with josh and mbye at fullback.
I think it would be rediculous to put mbye at hooker and play cleeland at half. Id be making licha practice passing off the ground all off season, and keep him at hooker. Unless he is picked up by another club we would be stupid to have him in reserves earning his salary.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
5/8 or fullback..... kid has ability. Our problem is our hooker.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still riding on the coat tails of that st George game where he scored a try while Hodko was injured and demanded 650k to stay on. What a joke , never seen such a selfish player in my life
I thought Lichaa was the most selfish player.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye is a myth......a very very expensive myth.......a centre playing 5/8 & being talked up as a super star but yet to do fuckall besides go missing in matches that matter

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clearly the kids got the skills.
What he needs to do, is display them more regularly. Those highlights, while many, all came from about 8 games.
We need him doing that shit every week.
If only he had the ability to play in a team

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

He looks like a fb because that is the role Des has our halves playing. Everyone sees the 7 on his back and expects him to do what a 7 should do and completely ignore the fact that the team is not structured to allow for a traditional style halfback.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
people and media cant believe the knights are willing to fork out $700,000 a season for Ponga...... yet we did the same (actually think we payed more) with Mbye..... I know which one I'd rather be paying & it aint Mbye

I-don't-know

Waterboy
Reaction score
If I had to do an end of season write up about Moses it would be 'this guy needs to get more involved'

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye could be sensational at fb but the plodder des wont do that too much change

Status
Not open for further replies.