M'BYE Firming as shock Four Nations selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kangaroos Coach Mal Meninga reluctant to take a second Hooker as Back-up for Cameron Smith has put Moses M'Bye in line for a shock call-up, with Mal describing M'Bye as a genuine No 9.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are they boradcasting the prime minister game?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be with huge interest to watch Mbye run around under a different coach to see exactly how bad Des has got him.
It would be interesting to see mbye play hooker. If successful, has the potential to completely change the way we play.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More importantly it would be good to see how he handles the No 9 position with elite players around him, would not matter if Des or Mal were the couch.... lets see how he goes. Exciting stuff to look forward to!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because QLD want him to replace Smith..that has pretty much always been the plan. They have a shitload of halves to pick from anyway. I do think Moses could make a good hooker, but fuck playing hooker at the Dogs lol.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I agree with Kevvie and Mal, Mbye would make a very good hooker. Has pace which is a big plus for getting in behind the ruck, terrific passing game and can tackle. Kicking needs work but not awful.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake friend isn't a viable replacement?

Anyway, it'd be good to see Mbye hang out with the Queensland boys. Learn something and bring it back to the dogs.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres the article i found. Looks like he thinks Mbye is a 9 but also a great utility guy.

Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga's reluctance to take a second hooker as back-up for Cameron Smith has put Bulldogs half Moses Mbye in line for a shock call-up, with Meninga describing Mbye as a "genuine" No.9.

Mbye will get an opportunity to further press his case when he comes off the interchange bench for a star-studded Prime Minister's XIII against the Papua New Guinea Prime Minister's XIII in Port Moresby on Saturday.

Meninga has named the same three-quarter line that played the Anzac Test against New Zealand in May for the clash with PNG along with seven other players who participated in this year's Origin series in one of the strongest Australian teams to ever tour PNG.

An unabashed fan of having a player capable of covering a number of different positions on the bench, Meninga handed Michael Morgan his Test debut against the Kiwis earlier this year and hinted that he may lean towards taking an extra utility rather than an out-and-out No.9 such as PM's XIII hooker Jake Friend in his squad of 24 to tour England.

"We're discussing it at the moment. That's why we've got Jake Friend in the team," Meninga said. "It's a tough decision for us to make, whether we do take two nines.

"Moses has poked his head through and I think he's a genuine nine but there are some really quality other nines in the competition as well.

"Moses can play in the halves, I've seen him play centres before, he's played fullback before so that versatility enables them to be put into the picture around selection time.

"I'm a big fan of the 14 role. I'm a big fan of carrying a player that can play in the halves, nine, play in the back row if need be, play in the centres, play fullback.

"If they can do that then they're pretty valuable players and I reckon it aids their selection, particularly on a tour."

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thank god we signed him up before all this talk about representative footy

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would be a good pick for utility yeah. Can play numerous positions, couldnt see this being a failure at all.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This experience is priceless but what we need is this kid spending time with Smith crook and thirsty

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It would be with huge interest to watch Mbye run around under a different coach to see exactly how bad Des has got him.
Also be interesting to see him run in the 9 jersey too. Might make a decision for des.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Just imagine if he absolutely kills it!! More egg on Des's face.................

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
QLD have Jake Friend, Jake Granville and Andrew McCulloch. They don't need to experiment with Mbye at hooker.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too bad that Moses himself does not want to play hooker permanently

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad that Moses himself does not want to play hooker permanently
He is wasted at hooker, unless he develops the instinct to zip around out of dummy half. I do admit his speed would be very useful, especially for getting to the ruck on time and giving a good roll on to the forwards. I do admit that the 15 minutes he filled in at hooker, our forwards looked more fluent.

I still think his best position is fullback or 58. Some position where he can roam and just use his speed to the full ability.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
QLD have Jake Friend, Jake Granville and Andrew McCulloch. They don't need to experiment with Mbye at hooker.
McCullough is garbage.

Friend seems to have fallen out of favour with QLD somehow I don't know why he is quality.

Another bloke who screwed up off field. Better axe him otherwise some posters won't be happy :|

Status
Not open for further replies.