MAYWEATHER beats DE LA HOYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maywether is a Bloody Awesome Champ, The Rivalry between De Lay Hoya Continues...

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May 06, 2007
FLOYD Mayweather has remained undefeated by taking a 12-round split decision over Oscar de la Hoya to take the World Boxing Council super-welterweight title in an epic showdown in Las Vegas.

Two judges scored the fight for Mayweather by 116-112 and 115-113 while the third saw de la Hoya winning 115-113.

Mayweather, who became a champion in his fifth different weight class, improved to 38-0. De la Hoya fell to 38-5.

On the Mexican Cinco de Mayo holiday, raucous loud cheers erupted when Mexican-American hero de la Hoya entered the arena. Mayweather made an appeal to the crowd by wearing a sombrero hat as he entered the arena.

The same crowd that chanted "Oscar" in nearly every round jeered the verdict.

The much-anticipated showdown between Mayweather, considered by many the top pound-for-pound fighter, and de la Hoya, boxing's most popular pay-per-view attraction, was expected to rank among the highest revenue fights in history.

A sellout crowd of 16,700, with celebrities abundant at ringside, produced a record live boxing payout of more than $US19 million ($23 million) with pay-per-view totals expected to surpass $US100 million ($122 million).

De la Hoya, 34, made $US25 million ($30 million), with his Golden Boy Promotions set to receive half of a pay-per-view take from more than one million homes, while "Pretty Boy Floyd" Mayweather, 30, took home $US10 million ($12 million).

Source:Foxsports

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow, the Loser got more than the Winner, That seems Odd...

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
I would rather have the unbeaten record and go down in history as one of the great than have an extra 18 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping Maywether brings De La Hoya back to earth after his Winning Streak & he Did.

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather have the unbeaten record and go down in history as one of the great than have an extra 18 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
more oscar was going to get so much either if he wins or loses, mayweather wouldn't have got 25 million if he lost!

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
it was a very good match because it could have gone either way but mayweather deserved it in the end

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
:(

This cut me up man, I like De La Hoya

Its interviews on Letterman are good

:( :(

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
more oscar was going to get so much either if he wins or loses, mayweather wouldn't have got 25 million if he lost!
Well der.... It doesn't matter on the outcome! All I was saying is that I would rather be remembered as the undefeated champ across 5 divisions than have all of the money. Money comes and goes Premierships and titles are forever.....

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish De La Hoya Would Retire, He's been too Successful...

SonNy_Freak89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
mayweather`s a big mouth ******. I was hoping De le hoya would take it out, ohwell...

Status
Not open for further replies.