matt utai

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Utai = legend!

Utai and Hughes are bulldogs through and through!!!!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol @ everyone bagging Utai. He then came back from injury and was one of our best in 08 in every game he played after that.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Moe. This thread is almost a year old lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol @ everyone bagging Utai. He then came back from injury and was one of our best in 08 in every game he played after that.
he was cr@p last night, I am sorry but he has to go

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
he was cr@p last night, I am sorry but he has to go
LOL you missed the point.

He was also crap this night. Now see other thread I bumped for my point!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just rewatched last nights game,I was calling for his head last night but If you minus his 2 dropped balls he did pretty good tbh, As the commontators said most wingers would have droped that bomb as it was a spiral in ****ed up conditions, I reckon hed be our best option on the wing if idris is in the squad as long as they swap when we are defending 4th/5th tackles it could work, That bust he made was close to a try if his offload was caught, There arnt many players in the game that can make 15 meters + from a dummy half run, Swap him with a center when we are defending the last tackles and we will get alot more gains out of having him in the squad our forwards would love it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id love the Utai of old in our side. I am a fan of Utai. But i am a bigger fan of the Bulldogs. What price do we pay to wait for Utai to get his mojo back? What if he doesnt? Last game he almost cost us the 2 points when we had it wrapped up with a 8 point break with 5 to go. And it isnt the first time he has blown it in recent memory. Im not sure if i am happy to watch Utai play himself back into form if the mistakes he makes are so critical since they most often happen on our own goal line

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id love the Utai of old in our side. I am a fan of Utai. But i am a bigger fan of the Bulldogs. What price do we pay to wait for Utai to get his mojo back? What if he doesnt? Last game he almost cost us the 2 points when we had it wrapped up with a 8 point brak with 5 to go. And it isnt the first time he has blown it in recent memory. Im not sure if i am happy to watch Utai play himself back into form if the mistakes he makes are so critical since they most often happen on our own goal line
Bit dramatic

Utai of old? Last year he played 12 games it think?

He had that 1 bad game where he let in 3 tries, then the rest he played he killed it, only just last year.

I don't think he has lost anything

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bit dramatic

He had that 1 bad game where he let in 3 tries, then the rest he played he killed it, only just last year.

Put it this way...if he can come back and kill it nobody will be happier than me, he adds a lot to the side, especially go forward when he is firing, but i also dont want him to give me 5 heart attacks and cost us games on his path back to form.

TBH its a dilemma.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit dramatic

I love Utai but I think you are exagerating by stating Utai killed it in 11 games. I have a feeling he had more than 1 bad game.

The 3 tries he let in. Was that the 1st game against Parra when we had it won?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Put it this way...if he can come back and kill it nobody will be happier than me, he adds a lot to the side, especially go forward when he is firing, but i also dont want him to give me 5 heart attacks and cost us games on his path back to form.

TBH its a dilemma.
I want him in the side but i dunno how much more me heart can take, Everytime a bomb is put up to his side you just **** yourself, We need 2 goodwins lol.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love Utai but I think you are exagerating by stating Utai killed it in 11 games. I have a feeling he had more than 1 bad game.

The 3 tries he let in. Was that the 1st game against Parra when we had it won?

A reason for why im already nervous about sundays game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I want him in the side but i dunno how much more me heart can take, Everytime a bomb is put up to his side you just **** yourself, We need 2 goodwins lol.
True...when that bomb went up that he dropped, when everyone realised it was going to him, i heard "Oh My God No", "Oh Sh1t" and stuff like that and people unable to watch to see if he would catch it. You should have heard the language when he did drop it as expected. Lucky the cops had gone to another area by then lol.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
True

I guess im just willing to sacrifice a possible try on his wing to have him in the team., others arn't.
I used to be able to think that way. Now Utai just makes my head hurt lol. I kinda wish if he wasnt firing that he'd be complete rubbish so there would be no dilemma at all. Sad huh.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i stand by everything i said in this thread, the harsh reality is that he is a liability, he was good on the back half of last year but most of it was because teams were scoring before the 5th tackle because we were ****ing ****house so no bombs for utai, not many games for him to lose for us

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
At the end of the day if Utai was the best option, leave him in the side....but reality is he isnt. El Masri and Goodwin are our best wingers...simple. Utai isnt a back rower....his good runs are too few and far between......should be stamped never to play first grade again. I honestly believe his last good game was the 2004 grand final.

Status
Not open for further replies.