Social Media Matt Lodge

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's the go with Lodge ?. Currently on a minimum deal with Manly until end of 2024.

Him and AFB together as our starting props would give us a great front row and probably the biggest in the comp
he did his acl wont be back until mid season next year

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the go with Lodge ?. Currently on a minimum deal with Manly until end of 2024.

Him and AFB together as our starting props would give us a great front row and probably the biggest in the comp
I thought he did his acl

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Roosters say they cant afford him. Did Uncle Nick lose his sombrero? They are words u never see, "Roosters cant afford..."

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a wrecking machine playing injured when at the Broncos in his last season with them.
If we could get him for the same kind of deal Adam Woods has re-signed with at Manly then it would be an absolute steal and handy pickup.
He will be 30 in 2025 and IF fit and healthy … he’d still be considered at the top of his game.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lodge is still unsigned for 2025 it seems but it won't be long before Manly re-sign him as he'll be back playing soon.

We should really get in there. The only way I can see us getting better any time soon would be if we sign this bloke and the May brothers. I just watched a news report from a year ago where Taylan May said Ciraldo was a father figure to him. His runs are strong just like his brother Terrell - unlike many of our backs. We should clear the decks and do whatever we can to make room for them and Lodge. A front row of Lodge and May would make us instantly competitive again next year if one of our young halves steps up also (Woods, O'Neill, Oloapu)

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I associate with Lodge is what he did to that family in the US, Even if he was the last prop on the planet I would hope the club has the commonsense not to sign him, since we are the FAMILY club!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 words... TREY MOONEY!!!
Not huge (either is Terrell May) but looks like he goes hard and seems he's unsigned for next year.

I really don't get why we haven't already signed one or two young props like this for next season already.

What the f.. are we waiting for ?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NAS :p call Bellamy and tell him take your pick full top 30 available. We will pay full freight :p

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not huge (either is Terrell May) but looks like he goes hard and seems he's unsigned for next year.

I really don't get why we haven't already signed one or two young props like this for next season already.

What the f.. are we waiting for ?
You'd have to assume Gus is putting his faith in our young middles and doesn't want to overpay (in his opinion) for anyone who isn't a perfect fit - quality and experienced (and even then). I think it's bizarre we didn't offer AFB more than Shark and May wasn't signed last November but what do I know.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You'd have to assume Gus is putting his faith in our young middles and doesn't want to overpay (in his opinion) for anyone who isn't a perfect fit - quality and experienced (and even then). I think it's bizarre we didn't offer AFB more than Shark and May wasn't signed last November but what do I know.
Maybe because AFB had no true intention of coming to the Dogs? Maybe May wanted to see what he could do at the Roosters and give himself more leverage by playing well?

I get that many think it's all about money, but sometimes ... just sometimes a player may move for other reasons also?

It's not like the Dogs are the most attractive proposition to play for right now, are we? If I were AFB I'd sign with the Sharks and have more of a chance to win a comp and play semi final footy. Why would May jump to a struggling Dogs outfit so quickly?

Nah, it really isn't as simple as you continually try to make it out to be

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe because AFB had no true intention of coming to the Dogs? Maybe May wanted to see what he could do at the Roosters and give himself more leverage by playing well?

I get that many think it's all about money, but sometimes ... just sometimes a player may move for other reasons also?

It's not like the Dogs are the most attractive proposition to play for right now, are we? If I were AFB I'd sign with the Sharks and have more of a chance to win a comp and play semi final footy. Why would May jump to a struggling Dogs outfit so quickly?

Nah, it really isn't as simple as you continually try to make it out to be
It doesn't matter, we could go through 10+ middles over the last 2 years and we didn't sign them for one reason or another (yet we've signed players in other positions like Crichton, Burton, Kikau, JAC, etc. on big money) when we desperately needed 1 or 2. We need a shift from this losers mentality/having to defend a club that's obviously made a lot of mistakes.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, we could go through 10+ middles over the last 2 years and we didn't sign them for one reason or another when we desperately needed 1 or 2.
Why doesn't it matter?

You gave two examples and I simply responded to those two.

If it doesn't matter, then don't bother trying to make the point. No?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why doesn't it matter?

You gave two examples and I simply responded to those two.

If it doesn't matter, then don't bother trying to make the point. No?
Stop blindly defending the club. There's no point in your replying to my comments we ain't going to agree.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stop blindly defending the club. There's no point in your replying to my comments we ain't going to agree.
Tbh mate, the carry on by so many supporters on here and this need to pick sides is utterly exhausting.

"Stop blindly defending the club"

Where have I defended the club in my comments?

I haven't referenced them at all other than to say maybe a player wouldn't be interested in coming to a club in our shape?

The state of people on here and constantly creating these divides amongst the supporters group is so fucking sad.

I can tell you now when it comes to the Dogs I never blindly support anything. Unless you're Terry Lamb as that's an exception #mancrush

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tbh mate, the carry on by so many supporters on here and this need to pick sides is utterly exhausting.

"Stop blindly defending the club"

Where have I defended the club in my comments?

I haven't referenced them at all other than to say maybe a player wouldn't be interested in coming to a club in our shape?

The state of people on here and constantly creating these divides amongst the supporters group is so fucking sad.

I can tell you now when it comes to the Dogs I never blindly support anything. Unless you're Terry Lamb as that's an exception #mancrush
I've been watching your comments for weeks and you're compelled to defend/have an excuse for everything that's "negative" (or the truth depending on how you want to look at it). TBH you triggered me really hard tunnel visioning on the 1st 3 words and disregarding the rest of my reply to you.