Opinion Matt Lodge might be the man out at the Roosters

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read today the Roosters are likely to re-sign JWH for another year. So seriously next year they can afford not 1, not 2, not 3 but f..king 4 top props (3 internationals) in JWH, Collins, Leniu and Lodge. LOL We got 1 in Thompson.

While they're at it they'll likely re-sign Tupou even though they have Dom Young and another young English winger coming. They'll probably keep Paulo and Allan as back up too. Gee the salary cap works well FOR SOME doesn't it ? Roosters shed no-one but their competitors all have to.

If the whingeing from some not on Politis' payroll gets a little too loud though maybe, just maybe they'll look to move on Lodge who'se free to sign elsewhere for 2024 right now.

He's a big body. We'd probably have the money to sign him AND keep Thompson on a heavily reduced contract IF we wanted to. I'd prefer to try something new, bigger with more impact though like Lodge plus Royce Hunt.

Can't see us getting Haas at more than the 1M a season the Broncos have offered him.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
If they want to keep them all then they will. It's like magic.
Surely Lodge will sign on for the usual 'love of the Roosters and especially great-grandad Nick' and cough cough minimum wage?
In the last decade have they lost one single player they wanted to keep? It's bullshit.
I'm sure they wanted to keep RTS but from memory he wanted to return to NZ for family reasons.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Surely Lodge will sign on for the usual 'love of the Roosters and especially great-grandad Nick' and cough cough minimum wage?
In the last decade have they lost one single player they wanted to keep? It's bullshit.
I'm sure they wanted to keep RTS but from memory he wanted to return to NZ for family reasons.
Well he has said he loves the club. Though I wouldn’t say no to him coming over.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We do need some bad boys.... but I'm thinking more along the lines of public urination bad boys. Lodge may be a step too far.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read today the Roosters are likely to re-sign JWH for another year. So seriously next year they can afford not 1, not 2, not 3 but f..king 4 top props (3 internationals) in JWH, Collins, Leniu and Lodge. LOL We got 1 in Thompson.

While they're at it they'll likely re-sign Tupou even though they have Dom Young and another young English winger coming. They'll probably keep Paulo and Allan as back up too. Gee the salary cap works well FOR SOME doesn't it ? Roosters shed no-one but their competitors all have to.

If the whingeing from some not on Politis' payroll gets a little too loud though maybe, just maybe they'll look to move on Lodge who'se free to sign elsewhere for 2024 right now.

He's a big body. We'd probably have the money to sign him AND keep Thompson on a heavily reduced contract IF we wanted to. I'd prefer to try something new, bigger with more impact though like Lodge plus Royce Hunt.

Can't see us getting Haas at more than the 1M a season the Broncos have offered him.

Thoughts ?
Only thing I disagree with is keeping Thompson, too injury prone and a suspension waiting to happen, I'd would take Lodge over Thompson even though he's a **** but he runs hard and bends the defence line which is what we need.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get us a 7 a 1 and a prop and we are good to go. Full strength our forwards are awesome next year xerri, Chrichton, Kiraz burton ko and who ever else comes will look way different with a full strength side. Tbh we are doing good considering

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I will not be losing any sleep if the Roosters keep Lodge nor would I want him near our club.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So they might lose a lodge and definitely gain a Spencer

Nothing to see here

Big Dawg

Waterboy
Reaction score
How much did he have to pay that family he terrorised? Doubt he can afford to take too many unders deals