Matt Frawley

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is not even a reserve grader. Many of us have been saying this for months.

As average a half as Mbye is, he's a much better player and prospect than Frawley who has zero potential regardless of who is coaching the club.

Anyone thinking he and Foran could be a halves combination that could lead us to glory is kidding themselves.

Oh, and Hasler stooped to new lows today. Having Lichaa on the bench was just genius.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to lie, he had a shitter today.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frawley isn't as good as people make him out to be, its just that we haven't had a kicking game that isn't shit in so long so when people saw a couple of line dropouts they jizzed every where.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not convinced.
But prepared to give him a few games starting at 7 this season.
See how he goes.
Season is a write off anyway.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Why do you care dude? Why you watching? Go to your corner!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes not there yet, all i know is currently Frawley > Mbye at 7 and as importantly Mbye > Lichaa at 9. We have been waiting a few seasons for Mbye to show us his "potential" at 7. He has none. Hes a shit 7

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hes not there yet, all i know is currently Frawley > Mbye at 7 and as importantly Mbye > Lichaa at 9. We have been waiting a few seasons for Mbye to show us his "potential" at 7. He has none. Hes a shit 7
Like I said at least Mbye has physical tools and potential. Mbye deserves a lot of blame for not reaching that potential but if he was at another club under a better coach he could maybe develop into a good five eighth.

I don't see a first grader in any position when I watch Frawley. Our halves make Hodkinson look like Andrew Johns today.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Like I said at least Mbye has physical tools and potential. Mbye deserves a lot of blame for not reaching that potential but if he was at another club under a better coach he could maybe develop into a good five eighth.

I don't see a first grader in any position when I watch Frawley. Our halves make Hodkinson look like Andrew Johns today.
Mbye might be ok at 6, i havent seen him there much, he should stay the fk away from 7 though. And we need to keep Lichaa out of the 9, so this year moving Mbye there also solves that problem.

Des may very well play Mbye in the halves next year with Foran, and Nu Brown perhaps at 9. We may survive with Mbye at 7 if Foran does all the kicking and organising from 6. Makes more sense to put Mbye at 6 though, where he can just be a running half. 7 is supposed to organise shit and have a kicking game. Mbye doesnt have those skills. Foran does.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont like Frawleys fucking face. Shitty B grader alright.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant criticise Des for not having Lichaa at 9.. time to experiment anyway..

I would like to see Mbye given a crack at fullback

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that maybe those first few games for us, he wasn't actually that good, it's just that everyone else had been so shit that his reserve grade skills were made to look like the next JT?

Or maybe Des has done what he does best, take a player with skill and completely destroy every and all potential till he starts playing semi-retarded Desball.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I cant criticise Des for not having Lichaa at 9.. time to experiment anyway..

I would like to see Mbye given a crack at fullback
I must admit, I got wet, watching him in space today.
Definitely moves like an fb.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no reason to not persist with him until seasons end esp if it means more mbye at 9

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I must admit, I got wet, watching him in space today.
Definitely moves like an fb.
Bloody oath he does, im not a footy expert, but some of our scouts that have been around for 30-50years that are still involved with the club are certain he would succeed at fullback, and Im of the same opinion

He has all the makings and physical attributes of a good fullback, Hoppas solid, but Mbye could be a match winner

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he is going ok.

Obviously you can't pick him forever if he is rubbish, but he also needs to be given a fair go before he is given the kennel death ride.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is not even a reserve grader. Many of us have been saying this for months.

As average a half as Mbye is, he's a much better player and prospect than Frawley who has zero potential regardless of who is coaching the club.

Anyone thinking he and Foran could be a halves combination that could lead us to glory is kidding themselves.

Oh, and Hasler stooped to new lows today. Having Lichaa on the bench was just genius.
Mbye is a better player not a half back, Frawley isn't brilliant but a half back !

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley takes a while to kick the ball, but he can kick one. He doesn't always catch and pass and has more try assists resulting from his ability to read the play during a game. He occasionally shows some ability to draw defenders before passing to an outside back and he plays closer to the ruck. Mbye has has speed a step and decent passing skills. He tends to play as wide as a centre most of the time though so its difficult for him to create space and he doesn't often take advantage of his footwork to create space with it either.

The way I look at it,Frawley has a more natural skillset for a half, Mbye shows better potential as an outside back where he can just concentrate on support play. He's done alright at hooker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.